Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I drove to work today. I havent done anything to the Phoenix all summer:(

I fixed the top cover on the Lemans and cleaned the interior. I will rotate the tires on it tonight. Also an automotive store near my house is going out of business. I managed to pick up a set of Champion Copper Plus plugs for both the Lemans and the Trans Am for 50 cents a piece.

Havoc - shame. shame. Shame !!!! Spending way too much time on the Massey-Ferguson I see !

I nailed both cars to the wall today.

Frosty we should have brought our calendars!!! Justa remembered the Sunbird is this month's car and the GTO is next months. Finally have it proudly hung on the wall. LOL

I rotated the tires on the Lemans, washed off all the brake dust on the inside of the wheels, inspected the rear brakes, and cleaned up the interior a bit. I need to re-paint the exterior or the brake drums again some tine in the future. The rust is starting to come through again.

100_4899_zpse339d759.jpg

New front springs. Went with the ones that came with the car. Donor car's were junk. These were so stiff, I couldn't compress them far enough for safe install. Got em to go and was holding where I wanted them. Now that I finally have over a 100 miles on the car, springs settled in and dropped over an inch. Issue moved to the back of the list. Need to solve the heat issue next. It never went past 120 in the DC traffic, but thats still too hot.

Need to solve the heat issue next. It never went past 120 in the DC traffic, but thats still too hot.

120? That sounds really, really cold. Don't you mean 220? What PSI are you running on the rad cap?

120? That sounds really, really cold. Don't you mean 220? What PSI are you running on the rad cap?

MY bad...DAAAA. Yea, 220. Runs at 190 until I'm stopped, then starts creeping up and will not go back down, even when I get back up to speed. The old Chevy rad might have some plugged tubes. Cleaned and flushed best I could before re- installing. I have used Master Radiator in Pontiac, since I've been driving. They built the custom 4 core in my Sunbird. Looking at cost to have them build one for the GTO VS cost of Aluminum. Also need the correct fan schroud. I will not use electric fans. Just one more thing to screw up at the worse possable time. Wife N I had a very cool cruise last night. Justa out cruisin around nibbling on some take out. I can't believe the Maple tree's are already starting to change colors.

The maples in my dad's neighborhood already have turned colors and are starting to fall. I've already got leaves falling my yard too. I mentally ready for Fall yet. Saturday in Ann Arbor will probably cure me.

I cleaned the Lemans a little today. I attended a funeral for a fellow Widetracker today who died last Wednesday. He's a Korean War vet so he was laid to rest in the Great Lakes National Cemetery. First time I'd been there. A bunch of Widetrackers drove our cars behind his two Grand Prix Pace cars. The funeral director gave me one of the shell casing from the 21-gun salute. The flag folding ceremony and the lone solder in the pine trees playing taps was more than this big guy could take, I cried. It was a fitting and proper funeral for a veteran and a great man.

Only met him once .. but I was really hoping to see him again.

The Pontiac Grand Prix Pace Car at Woodward was his as well, even though it has Ohio plates on it (his son now owns it).

I know you loved his convertible S10. Here is another convertible S10 I found at my local cruise Friday night for ya'.

100_4863_zps98ff5288.jpg

100_4864_zps5ac322a3.jpg

100_4865_zps0a31f4c1.jpg

100_4866_zpsbc13ba7d.jpg

after the Vegas trip, it was parked and battery disconnected a few times. took out the car to use and washed it. found some 17" steelies and put new tires on it.

Okay

17's for the Fiero. Killed a stud on the left rear due to me not paying attention. Replaced the stud.

Finished the fender repair on the Chevelle.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Speaking of rims ... I mentioned that the guy just south of Frosty with the parts had some rims for the wagon if I wanted them .... If memory serves ..http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-Cragar-Street-Star-5-Chrome-Wheels-Rim-5x5-Chevy-1500-stepside-Vintage-weld-/111150848069 That's the same model ... 'cept he's got 10"s for the back, not 8". I'm fighting a losing battle with myself on that front.

Speaking of rims ... I mentioned that the guy just south of Frosty with the parts had some rims for the wagon if I wanted them .... If memory serves ..http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-Cragar-Street-Star-5-Chrome-Wheels-Rim-5x5-Chevy-1500-stepside-Vintage-weld-/111150848069 That's the same model ... 'cept he's got 10"s for the back, not 8". I'm fighting a losing battle with myself on that front.

Decisions, decisions, decisions. If you are going with the ones near me, call me. Are the ones near me this clean looking? notallthere and I can figure out how to get them to you.

I tried to avoid looking too closely .. but they looked new. I'm due to swing back through when he gets the AL tailgate from NY ... supposedly in the fall. That would leave me all winter to look for specials on 300/50R15 rubber.

today ( technically yesterday now) i swapped out the 20s for 17s.

new on left and old on right.

post-15-0-40835800-1378021933_thumb.jpg

Chaos would like these over what i had on there (no not the 20s. well knowing him, ya the 20s too).

post-15-0-17262900-1378022068_thumb.jpg

I wanted a set of those five spoke steelies for my Grand Am before I sold it, GM made that wheel design in 5x115 for the last few years of the W-body Impala in 17".

I always wanted to make a custom centercap utilizing the external threaded lugs, have the steelies powdercoated gloss black then have a red pinstripe around the outer lip of the wheel.

You had Toyo Proxes 4s on the 20"s? Awesome tires, Toyo discontinued them in the beginning of this year, replaced by the Proxes 4 Plus. It's a much more durable all season compound and it's an asemmetric tread versus the old directional tread.

Those Fusions, though...meh. They're ZRi's, I can tell by the tread...they're somewhat better than the HRi, but the compound on them is iffy.

ya, pot hole safe and sudden highway surface change. ok so i was wanting to change to a new set of rims. the ones i like as a full package are over $2k. so i thought id get some rollers (only they needed new tires badly). and unmount the Toyos and keep them and use them on the future set since the tires only have about 20k miles on them and keep my expenses lower. and sell these 20s. but now im thinking of selling as is. since the situation of a few seized screws and chrome condition.

I always wanted to make a custom centercap utilizing the external threaded lugs, have the steelies powdercoated gloss black then have a red pinstripe around the outer lip of the wheel.

really? cool. i may look into that. how were you thinking of creating the centercap?

You had Toyo Proxes 4s on the 20"s? Awesome tires, Toyo discontinued them in the beginning of this year, replaced by the Proxes 4 Plus.

hell ya. i wanted something that was good, something better than jus average. thry did well in dry or wet, felt confident on the highway in the rain passing everyone and the pattern looks good too. sucks that theyre discontinued. ill have to find some other similar or better directionals for a future set.

the Fuzions were jus to keep me rolling. something in between the old 20s and future set (18s or 20s). and i didnt have much to spend.