Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

• Founders

Ringo...Didn't see any difference, thats why I asked. Will have to play with this more. It does say google enhansed in the search box. LOL I thought if I made it default browser AOL would use that to run on.

Do you have AOL as your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I've always had AOL. And yes it was dialup. Upgraded/bundled my Comcast so I did get Higher speed internet connection. My one button Email takes me to AOL. From there it's to infinity and beyond BUZZ. LOL I can go through Comcast, and check my AOL email. So I know I don't need AOL. But everything I add to my sites from Comcast doesn't show up and vise versa. (example)Access my photobucket and only pic's I added from comcast will show. AOL pic's are blank. Ect. Can't transfer my FAV's from AOL to Comcast. Same with my address book. Have done many one at a time, but whatta PIA. At the end of the day, AOL is the easiest to use. Justa deal with what I have. Everyting worked here when I 1st signed up. Understand you need to keep up with the new tech and my junk is justa that. But retirement money don't streach very far. Before I retired, I bought the GTO and put 15,000 in an account to build it. Emptied that along time ago. Have saved countless $$ doing everything myself. I can run out N buy a new laptop that would probably do everything, but that same 700.00 invested in the GTO would get me much closer to finishing that project. Do whatcha gotta do!

• Founders

If you have Comcast as your ISP then you can just open up Chrome and use it as should. Believe you can import your browser related passwords, bookmarks, etc... from AOL into Chrome. If you use the web version of your AOL email your address book should be there, as it's saved to their server as well. Ultimately it's a matter of getting used to it and transferring everything you need, when you startup Chrome for the first time it will ask if you want to import anything from another browser and I believe they offer AOL... Hopefully it's that easy :lol:

Overall switching to Chrome will probably make surfing the web more enjoyable and if you were having problems with other websites as well this will elevate that. I don't think AOL has been improved since like 2003, which makes it worse than IE :lol:

jus buy my tablet for browsing. :D problem solved.

WOW reply with a quote is back. I'm still on AOL. ??? The only tablet I need is my pain meds. :Pedobear:

I washed and vacuumed out the Avalanche. The wife was complaining that it smelled. Of course it smelled, I've been hauling a kid to 30+ baseball games this summer in it. Time for the Febreeze !!!!!!

• Founders

I drove The Phoenix to work today! All the guys have trucks, but not I.

All my co-workers have eco-friendly boxes or SUVs, apart from me and a guy with a Lotus. I like the days I bring the Camaro in and give it a good rev while leaving :D

Ok. So I'm sure I mentioned how chitty the GTO home after 900.00 worth of carb work N screwin around. Took it for a ride Fri and was embarrassed at how it ran and even more mad. Thought it had to be a problem with something they did to the carb. Then I remembered he said he messed with the distributor. Right off the bat.... Wrong firing order! Have no idea how it ran with #1 and #6 being the only wires in the right holes. But it started and idled fine. Correct firing order, a quick timing tweek and I have my ride back. I'm sooooo happy now. IF I can figure a way to get er in the air and replace my transpan and new gasket with one hand. I might solve the drooling trans issue before Woodward DC.

Back on topic - cleaned my K&N air filter in the Avalanche after 30,000 miles (its got over 80k miles on it) and I had to clean the undercarriage with mineral spirits. I have a fluid leak based on the small stain on my driveway cement but there is not enough fluid to tell what it is (I suspect the oil filter is leaking slightly) so I cleaned up everything underneath and now we wait a couple of days to see what happens.

I got the Lemans out for the first time since Memorial Day weekend. Started cleaning it up for Back to the Bricks tonight and Woodward this weekend.

I cleaned the Lemans a little today. I attended a funeral for a fellow Widetracker today who died last Wednesday. He's a Korean War vet so he was laid to rest in the Great Lakes National Cemetery. First time I'd been there. A bunch of Widetrackers drove our cars behind his two Grand Prix Pace cars. The funeral director gave me one of the shell casing from the 21-gun salute. The flag folding ceremony and the lone solder in the pine trees playing taps was more than this big guy could take, I cried. It was a fitting and proper funeral for a veteran and a great man.

I drove the G6 home in the rain :( ... then again I live in FL and it's summer so that's everyday :lol:

Lol I'm in NC now, remember? We get rain through the summer too!