Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I'm not talkin to SOMEBODY, I'm talkin to you. Your friends with everyone here (me included) but this is a Pontiac site! Honda's are something we pick out of our tires, so they don't fly out N chip paint. LOL Posting Honduh crap here, you HAD to expect someone to step up to the plate. Actually a simple pulley change for the blower N bigger jets in the carb, quick retune and slicks. Your SOMEBODY would see nothin but my tail lights!

2610957_57_full.gif

Lol Chris buys a Honda and all of a sudden Hondas are the kings of the race track? It's funny how buying another car brand can change you.

Though, I never talked crap on here when I had my VW, Mercedes or Ford...

Sent from my mind using telekinesis.

I don't have a strong loyalty to one brand, I've always been aware of the fast Hondas out there.

But when the retarded posts about Honda do come up, don't expect me to not say anything.

But it's whatever, say whatever you want, don't be irked when I jump in.

Get used to it. Intimidating IMPORTS is my business....and business is good.

objectsinmirror.jpg

Oh man, because all imports are slow, amirite?

Yet there's still production based Japanese cars faster than all out tube framed, fiberglass skinned racecars racing pro-stock cars that share nothing with the car names on them? Hmmmm?

Yea you can buy that at your local dealer. :lol2: Your aweful big on someone elses work. What if you run across this guy? I can show you a picture of that guy. If your wish list or skills included a road rocket, you would have built your Pontiac. The chances of building your Honda into anything more than the envy of shopping carts is slight. But you sure TALK a mean game. :lol2:

I didn't buy the Honda to hot rod, I bought it because mechanically it's rock solid and will easily run past 200,000 miles and it's great on gas for my work commute.

If I wanted to go fast, I would have bought an Evo IX MR or WRX STi.

That Supra started life as a production car that came off the showroom floor. It was turned into a 1/4 beast that's faster than NHRA Pro Stock cars that are nothing but a tube frame and built for racing. Imports aren't little things "to pick out of your tires". The point I'm trying to make is don't scoff at cars from across the pond, there's a good chance they'll whoop your ass when you least expect it.

0 respect for imports. To the "owners" that mod em to go fast, KUDO's for the knucklebustin, wallet draining effort. To the owners that blow hot air and ride others coat tails....save it for the Honduh sites. Thats why I'm on a PONTIAC site, to talk PONTIAC. Everybodys free to drive anything they want. If it gets ya from point A to point B N your happy. Nuff said. If the BS Supra was the racing legend you make it out to be, and could easily walk throught the Pro Stock ranks. Then why isn't it there? Yota's in funny car and dragster. Pontiac has been gone for 3years N still have a good showing @ NHRA events everyweekend. Your outlaw Honduh's were havin fun til they let the Mustang in to clean up. Although fun to watch... waste of my time to follow it.

0 respect for imports.

I stopped reading after this.

You're correct, this is a Pontiac forum. But we're all car enthusiasts here. Fast is fast, no matter what badge is on the on the hood or the home country of the manufacturer is. There are plenty of other members on here who have non-Pontiac cars and talk about them, but having that sort of mindset towards anything non-Pontiac, especially if another member has something that's an import or enjoys imports as well as Pontiacs, you don't think for a second that makes the rest of us here seem closed minded?

Maybe it's because I've been in both spectrums of the car scene, maybe it's because I'm younger...either way, I thought car enthusiasts respected other car enthusiasts and their cars for what they are.

I guess not.

I'm extremely disappointed in you. But whatever, this discussion ends. Any further and I don't think it'll be civil, don't need my nasty side on here since I'm apart of the staff. Any further prolonging of the topic BY ANYONE will result in warnings/infractions and posts deleted.

Guess we agree to be disappointed with each other. Cardomain is a car site where anything goes. Forever Pontiac is a Pontiac site and the reason I signed up here.

Both of you, shut the F*ck up.

Justa, it is true that this is a Pontiac site, so we focus more on Pontiacs, but we all own other cars too and like to share our experience with them, so don't be busting balls too hard. I love ya, you're a fun guy and your experience is invaluable, but take it easy. Its fun to poke but not fun to stab.

And Chris, get your head out of your ass. What did you expect when you bought a Honda, that people wouldn't poke some fun? Hello, Honda is one of the biggest center pieces for jokes and it would be asinine of you to dispute that. You started this by getting defensive when he posted a simple picture. (I've posted that exact photo before, wheres my flame?) The numbers are out there and Honda has its share of shit and glory, but don't be pushing it like they are the next best thing since sliced bread.

And Justa, I prefer raw American power too, but you have to respect the work and passion some people put into their cars. Put yourself in their shoes. Any import could shit on my Phoenix, but you don't see me complaining.

This petty nonsense is exactly what Ringo and the admin team (Which includes YOU Chris) want to avoid in this website. Its one thing to call out a complete mindless idiot, its another thing for two respected members to not be able to concede and/or find a middleground. People will have their own opinions and both of you are expected to be respectful of each other, especially on this website. End of discussion.

• Founders

Alright guys, I'm going to lock this thread for a while to allow everything to just chill.

All of you are allowed to express your opinions but having this little public squabble isn't benefiting anybody.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to replace the right front bearing hub on the Avalanche. $287 later....it screamed and made a helluva racket driving down the road before I replaced it. Replaced it with a Timken bearing hub.

Gas dropped from $4.39 last week to $3.77 this week, so I don't have to work 7 nights this week as a gigolo just for gas.

That reminds me, I need to buy oil for the Honda and Mitsu this weekend.

The Galant will get it's usual Valvoline 5W-30 High Mileage while the Honda will get 0W-20 Castrol Syntec, gonna stop by the local Honda dealer while I'm at it for some OEM oil filters and to see if my car is a PZEV. If it is, I'll have a warranty from Honda for 150,000 miles on the exhaust (including all the cats) intake manifold, vacuum system, ignition system (free tune up!) fuel system and all the sensors that regulate AFR and the engine in general (MAP, MAF, O2, crank sensors, etc)

This only goes for Hondas sold and registered in NY, CA and CT and if it's a verified PZEV.

Trips to the dealer are completely foreign to me. :lol: