Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

This will make you smile

1 hour ago, Fitzy said:

Wow - that's nice. That wing mirror - is that where it's supposed to be? It looks like someone drilled a coupla holes, plonked it there and said "yep, looks good."

yip mate, thats justA bout where my 64 one is on the driverside

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Got two of them on my '63. The left one is inside adjustable, the old cable adjustment, so I know that it is a factory location

• Like 1

Yeah, okay. My '65 has the mirror way up close to the vent window. When I attempted to fit the passenger side mirror in the same location I couldn't see anything out of it. Come to think of it, the location further down the front wing probably allows for a better rear view - that way you can laugh at all the cars that you keep passing, because YOU'RE in a Pontiac and they opted for a lesser vehicle.

• Haha 1

Out with the old and in with new!:unsure:

Today i have replaced my 30 year old kulhman gauge and hand pump with a Milwaukee "tire inflator" 

It will do the job way quicker and less mucking around

,i use this water gauge and pump to pressure test my gas pipe-work installations and have done  for...ah about 30 years ... its time to use technology !

Did i mention i hate change !!,,, but i do like things that make life easier !.. so this new little machine sits easy with me..

i stuck a 3 amp battery in it and pumped up 2 tires on the cortina as a test and its really cool. bet most of you already have one of these super cool Milwaukee's!! 

2FD42112-DE37-4659-BBF5-991B5E2674FE.jpeg

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

I use my compressor with an inflator, then check the readings with my trusty 20 year old tyre guage.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Out with the old and in with new!:unsure:

Today i have replaced my 30 year old kulhman gauge and hand pump with a Milwaukee "tire inflator" 

It will do the job way quicker and less mucking around

,i use this water gauge and pump to pressure test my gas pipe-work installations and have done  for...ah about 30 years ... its time to use technology !

Did i mention i hate change !!,,, but i do like things that make life easier !.. so this new little machine sits easy with me..

i stuck a 3 amp battery in it and pumped up 2 tires on the cortina as a test and its really cool. bet most of you already have one of these super cool Milwaukee's!! 

2FD42112-DE37-4659-BBF5-991B5E2674FE.jpeg

I have a LIL 12V that I carry with me for emergency's.  Always pulling a trailer up into the woods.  Compressor N hand gauge is the norm.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

You sure you’re not in Canada? 😂

I wish ringo !!! It will be a long time before we can get to Canada again ! 

8 hours ago, Frosty said:

It's got to be a former British Empire thing, I swear!

Yip got to be a pommy thing ! :rofl:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni

"Drinking English beer is like making love in a canoe. F'ing close to water."

I think the main reason the British Open is mostly held in Scotland is because of the superiority of Scottish beer.

My aunt use to run a pub in Scotland. Early on I thought the hype between English and Scottish beer was all B.S. It's not, the Scottish beer is a lot better brew, even it it warm by our standards. At least the Scots are smart enought to store their beer in the basement to keep it cooler.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 2

check out the build pics :cheers:

https://roadstershop.com/galleries/1965pontiac/

frosty i found its a mercury racing engine:cheers:

https://www.mercuryracing.com/engines/automotive.html

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

Now that is an interesting power plant. The 1994 LT-5 Corvette ZR-1 engine was built by Mercury Marine for GM too. It was DOHC motor too. It was a sexy ass looking engine. Pity they never put them in the Camaro or Firebirds.

image.png.ffb7575448c965c7f934bf8b42a49939.png

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

Now that is an interesting power plant. The 1994 LT-5 Corvette ZR-1 engine was built by Mercury Marine for GM too. It was DOHC motor too. It was a sexy ass looking engine. Pity they never put them in the Camaro or Firebirds.

image.png.ffb7575448c965c7f934bf8b42a49939.png

hang on ! you said ... built by Mercury Marine for GM too.

so how does that work... is this a company that builds engines to supply gm ???

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

i have watched this video a number of times and i still cant get over the quality of this build!!!:bowdown:

and those custom 8 luggers !!! they would look soooo good on my 64 !!!

My God, you think you're doing a good job at home and then you see this. What a great looking car. I can't help it, even though I'm obviously biased, I reckon those old mid 60s full size Ponchos are the coolest, just oozing with style. Nowadays, it's all about efficiency and being green which of course is necessary, but this harks from an era when style & power sold cars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fitzy said:

My God, you think you're doing a good job at home and then you see this. What a great looking car. I can't help it, even though I'm obviously biased, I reckon those old mid 60s full size Ponchos are the coolest, just oozing with style. Nowadays, it's all about efficiency and being green which of course is necessary, but this harks from an era when style & power sold cars.

you can stick your green up your a---s... its our duty to burn up as much fossil fuel as we can before the generation /y/and z stop us:rofl:.

because when its gone. its gone. 

on a side note Fitzy , i emailed roadster shop to ask if they sell those custom 8 luggers,,, the reply was,....

no they are one off and extremely expensive .....😒

• Sad 1