Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

This will make you smile

On 9/15/2021 at 12:37 AM, JUSTA6 said:

Gawd I love that rearend.Β  Β Also like it in RED!!!!:rofl:

You like a red rear end? I thought this was a family friendly forum. My bad.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• 4 weeks later...

I think this car is a beauty. However, taking the exchange rate of 1.34 AUD to the US dollar and 1.39 NZD to the US dollar, this car's asking price is still over $100k USD. Not sure I would pay that much for it, especially since it is not a concurs restoration but a very nice and clean cruiser.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

WOW.   Shipping to NZ would be how much?   Buy a car here, experience the Dream Cruise, Frankenmuth.  Fill it with Christmas stuff N ship it back home to sell.  $$ made would pay for the trip, Christmas items and parts for Bonne.😎

I remember when they use to be around the corner from Pontiac / Powertrain. We use to check them out at lunch hour. They were next to the Dairy Queen. Ice cream and chrome lunches were awesome.

My only problem with them is they think all their stuff is top dollar stuff. It ain't but it looks it from 20 feet away. Nothing less than $30k from these guys.

5 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

WOW.   Shipping to NZ would be how much?   Buy a car here, experience the Dream Cruise, Frankenmuth.  Fill it with Christmas stuff N ship it back home to sell.  $$ made would pay for the trip, Christmas items and parts for Bonne.😎

you sound like my wife JustA!!!Β :rofl:.... thanks to Frosty, we will certainly be doing the woodward/Franenmuth trip!!!

Β would be nice to find a 57 2 door hard top chieftain to do the cruise in and then bring it home !Β Β 

5 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

This shop is a couple miles from me.Β  Always top notch cars, but top shelf prices to go with. Check their inventory anytime.

Β 

https://www.southernmotors.com/Inventory/All

this is very coolΒ  Β 

https://www.southernmotors.com/Inventory/Details/5442

47 minutes ago, Old guy44 said:

The value of anything is what someone will pay.Β 

Dwight you dead Right mate... right now there is lots of Aucklanders cashed up from the high house prices, looking to invest their money, it will sell 😜

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 11:40 AM, 64 kiwi boni said:

would be nice to find a 57 2 door hard top chieftain to do the cruise in and then bring it home !Β Β 

You got me to thinking. I used to have a friend with a talent for finding the unusual. He stopped by my dads shop one day with a 57 Pontiac but it was the Canadian version. It was sitting on a Chevy chassis and I will swear that it was slightly smaller than the US version. That would be the one to get at least you can get chassis and suspension parts for trhe tri year Chevys.Β 

I don't know what happened to it because shortly after he was on his way to a Texas penitentiary and I never saw him or the Pontiac again. Needless to say I used to run with a very questionable crowd. I survived the crowd because I realized early on that our penal system does not punish you for what you do, they punish you for what you get CAUGHT doing.Β 

6 hours ago, Old guy44 said:

You got me to thinking. I used to have a friend with a talent for finding the unusual. He stopped by my dads shop one day with a 57 Pontiac but it was the Canadian version. It was sitting on a Chevy chassis and I will swear that it was slightly smaller than the US version. That would be the one to get at least you can get chassis and suspension parts for trhe tri year Chevys.Β 

I don't know what happened to it because shortly after he was on his way to a Texas penitentiary and I never saw him or the Pontiac again. Needless to say I used to run with a very questionable crowd. I survived the crowd because I realized early on that our penal system does not punish you for what you do, they punish you for what you get CAUGHT doing.Β 

Old guy44, your eyes were spot on, as the Canadian Pontiac versions were on the Chevy chassis.Β On the US model 1957 Star Chief the cabin area from the beltline up, including front and rear screens, stainless trim, and the doors were the same as the β€˜57 Chevrolet Bel Air Hardtop, but the overall vehicle length was longer by 13.8” at 213.8” (5.43m), compared to the Bel Air’s 200” (5.08m).

• Like 2

At least it's a low mileage SD 455 Trans Am in Arrest Me Red. They are rare and worth a lot more money in virtually any condition so long as it's a numbers matching Super Duty.

• Like 1

yes mate for 190k it would have to be matching numbers! but what a crazy number !

thats the retail on a brand new hellcat wide body in nz money !

https://www.4guys.co.nz/vehicle-details?id=2228405&veh=2020-Dodge-Challenger&pageNumber=2&dealerid=75&pageNumber=2&make=16&pageSize=24

Β 

On 10/23/2021 at 6:14 AM, 64 kiwi boni said:

This vid is for you Fitzy !! its got some good tips and i especailly liked the tip on installing the front timing cover !!

Β 

Thanks Kiwi. I think Frosty sent me this too. If it's about not tightening the inlet manifold bolts until you've secured the timing cover, I'm onto it!

• Thanks 1

Take a tour of Butler Performance. The look on the guy's face looking at the set of Ram Air V heads is priceless!

Β 

• Like 2