Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

This will make you smile

You don't need their expensive wheels. Once yours are cleaned up and your nicely lowered Bonnie sits over them, it'll look just as good. Well, not quite just as good, but very good. Well, it'll be okay looking. Look, it's gonna look like crap, but that's just bad luck.

No, of course it'll look just right.

• Haha 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

3 hours ago, Fitzy said:

You don't need their expensive wheels. Once yours are cleaned up and your nicely lowered Bonnie sits over them, it'll look just as good. Well, not quite just as good, but very good. Well, it'll be okay looking. Look, it's gonna look like crap, but that's just bad luck.

No, of course it'll look just right.

thanks for the pep talk !! haahaha... 

i had a dream.... but not to be! they would certainly look cool, but i just got rid of my mortgage, :rofl:, am not keen on another!:rofl: 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Took the boss to pick up her new mini today 

so I have multiple browny points again !!!

justA working out how to burn them all up again !!! Hahaha 

she has a black 2 door one and thats no good for taking grand kids in, so she has added this four door!

its a 2021 paddy hopkirk edition turbo 2 litre 8 speed auto trans john cooper works built . all leather interior and heated seats. lots of bells and whistles, like contact charger for the iphone and park assist. auto dip head lights.  

it has no dip stick so you cant check the oil!! the car tells you what and when the oil gets changed! :rofl:.... first service is due at 30k kms which one heck of a long time for a new engine !!

1A39694C-DEFF-44A6-AB75-151219FBB907.jpeg

8BF197B0-DFCD-42CA-8E3B-D1C63ED6230D.jpeg

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I can tell him how to keep the baby moons on the front wheels. I lost at least 6 of them before IU figured it out

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Old guy44 said:

I can tell him how to keep the baby moons on the front wheels. I lost at least 6 of them before IU figured it out

I'll bite. What's the secret?

I finally made a cardboard template of the profile of the hubcap.  When I compared it to the bump on the inside of the wheel I found that the "locking ring" on the inside of the hubcap was right on top of the bump in the wheel. I went in with an air cutting tool and reprofiled the bumps in the wheel so the locating ring on the hubcap was inside the high spot. They stay on so well now that it is difficult to get them off. I will post a picture if you like. 

Right now I am all consumed with the electronics on a god forsaken old mercedes POS. I have come to believe that the only good mercedes is one that has been through the crusher and is on its way to Japan to be turned into a Lexus

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Old guy44 said:

Right now I am all consumed with the electronics on a god forsaken old mercedes POS. I have come to believe that the only good mercedes is one that has been through the crusher and is on its way to Japan to be turned into a Lexus

oh been there done that !!!!! good luck !!! they are truly a pain in the butt !

I have come to the conclusion that I am probably better off parting it out as opposed to trying to get the electronics in a salable condition. I have been going through the mechanics and mechanically it is in great shape. The problem is that the great running engine connected to a recently overhauled transmission are dragging around all those German electronics.

I want all of you guys to swear that if I ever look cross-eyed at another German car that you will drag me into the middle of a parking lot and put me out of my misery.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

hay JustA welcome back ! how did the hunting go ? any pictures ?

image.png.4d1d25bd7dd1797139a64dd7c49e709a.png

image.png.e08833cc4b38007bb16b02cd4769b261.png

image.thumb.png.de6999274c62f70ca7d347161d668baa.png

Any questions? :rofl:

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

hay JustA welcome back ! how did the hunting go ? any pictures ?

No had to come back early N left days late for our vacation, waiting for the promised washer N dryer.  They did not show up last Thurs as scheduled (for the 3rd time)  We were headin for the cabin and using that as a pivot point to check out some of our favorite Northern Mich towns.  Traverse city, Cadillac, Petoskey, Kalaska, Houghton and many small mom N pop shops/attractions along the way.  Hunting season does'nt start til October 1st.  I did clear some of my shooting lanes (branches,bushes anything that would effect my arrow)  Put out some cracked corn, apples.  Shot my bow a number of times.  Did some plinkin with my 22 revolver.  Finished cleaning up and stacking the wood from the trees I took down in July.  Saw many Grouse, 10 turkey Bussards on a roadkill deer and a Mom Turkey with a few young ones.  Massive storms left most of the 2 track roads covered in huge puddles, all hills were washed out leaving huge gulleys. Downed tree's.  Made for some awesome 4 wheelin with the truck.  Few times I was wishin I had a winch.  Chain was enough to move the largest tree  JUSTenough to get by.  Got home late last night.  

Finally got the damn appliances @ 9:30 this AM.  Of course had to make a parts run for gas line adapter for the dryer, drain hose extension for the washer.  Momma is attacking the mountain of clothes from the last 3 1/2 weeks.  Have a carshow this Saturday.  Hope we can get the Rivy buttoned up and fired so my daughter and son in law can attend the show.  New rebuilt motor.  To do list does not seem to be getting smaller.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Frosty said:

image.png.4d1d25bd7dd1797139a64dd7c49e709a.png

estions? :rofl:

Yea......Why don'tcha strap on your fake knees and come with me this year??  That way if we run across the bear, I don't have to outrun him.....Justa you!

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Haha 1