Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

This will make you smile

There are three things that cannot be easily hidden: The Sun, the Moon, and the Truth.

The following are 2 Simple Truths, 5 Rules of Life, and 3 Bonus Rules:

SIMPLE TRUTH 1:

Lovers help each other undress before sex.

However, after sex, they always dress on their own.

Moral of the story -- In life, no one helps you once you're screwed.

SIMPLE TRUTH 2:

When a woman is pregnant, all her friends touch her stomach and say, "Congratulations."

But none go up to the man, touch his penis and say, "Good Job."

Moral of the story -- Hard work is rarely appreciated.

FIVE RULES TO REMEMBER IN LIFE:

1. Money can't buy happiness - but it's far more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.

2. Forgive your enemy - but remember the asshole's name.

3. If you help someone when they're in trouble - they will remember you when they're in trouble again.

4. Alcohol does not solve any problems - but then, neither does milk.

5. Many people are alive today only because it's illegal to shoot them.

BONUS RULES:

1. Condoms do not guarantee safe sex! A friend of mine was wearing one when he was shot by the woman's husband.

2. I think all politicians should wear uniforms. You know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors.

3. Also, all politicians should serve only two terms -- one in office and one in prison.

This was a public service announcement. No need to thank me!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

16 hours ago, Frosty said:

. So Wanger's ad agency intentionally understate the performance aspects of the GTO TV commercials except for one - the 1970 GTO "Humbler" ad. That ad only lasted 30 days because:

Frosty, any chance we can find that ad ! 🙄:bowdown::dancingpontiac:

• Like 1

Yup...that's the one. The Paul Revere and the Raiders ad can probably be considered a music video these days, especially since the song itself is over 2 minutes long.

The Humbler commercial is also the reason the "Tiger Button" / VOE exhaust option was discontinued. When the downtown brass at GM saw the ad on TV, they told Pontiac to take down the ad immediately, and "oh yeah, get rid of that damn button!". So only GTOs built between September and November of '69 that were ordered with the VOE exhaust originally were ever built. Making this a very rare option on a '70 GTO.

I have read somewhere that someone has found the very car used in this ad and it is being restored. No idea where it is or who owns it at the moment, but it is nice to know that this car still exists.

One last bit of trivia on this ad. This ad was shot on north Woodward Avenue. It was a circular restaurant as you can sort of figure from the commercial. Sadly, it no longer exists. Today there is a strip mall where this once stood. However, as you can see, the kid is looking for an illegal street race - on Woodward Avenue - the King of Illegal Street Racing in America at that time! You kinda understand why the GM brass went ballistic, can't you?

Edited by Frosty
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Frosty said:

Yup...that's the one. The Paul Revere and the Raiders ad can probably be considered a music video these days, especially since the song itself is over 2 minutes long.

The Humbler commercial is also the reason the "Tiger Button" / VOE exhaust option was discontinued. When the downtown brass at GM saw the ad on TV, they told Pontiac to take down the ad immediately, and "oh yeah, get rid of that damn button!". So only GTOs built between September and November of '69 that were ordered with the VOE exhaust originally were ever built. Making this a very rare option on a '70 GTO.

I have read somewhere that someone has found the very car used in this ad and it is being restored. No idea where it is or who owns it at the moment, but it is nice to know that this car still exists.

One last bit of trivia on this ad. This ad was shot on north Woodward Avenue. It was a circular restaurant as you can sort of figure from the commercial. Sadly, it no longer exists. Today there is a strip mall where this once stood. However, as you can see, the kid is looking for an illegal street race - on Woodward Avenue - the King of Illegal Street Racing in America at that time! You kinda understand why the GM brass went ballistic, can't you?

NO

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

HISTORICAL FACT

Here's a little known fact for automotive buffs, or just to dazzle your friends. The four Goldberg brothers, Lowell, Norman, Hiram, and Maxwell, invented and developed the first automobile air-conditioner. On July 17, 1946, the temperature in Detroit was 97 degrees.

The four brothers walked into old man Henry Ford's office and sweet-talked his secretary into telling him that four gentlemen  were there with the most exciting innovation in the auto industry since the electric starter.

Henry was curious and invited them into his office. They refused and instead asked that he come out to the parking lot to their car.  They persuaded him to get into the car, which was about 130 degrees inside,
turned on the air conditioner, and cooled  the car off immediately.

The old man got very excited and invited them back to the office, where he offered them $3 million for the patent.

The brothers refused, saying they would settle for $2 million, but they wanted the recognition by having a label, 'The  Goldberg Air-Conditioner,' on the dashboard of each car in which it was installed.

Now old man Ford was more than just a little anti-Jewish, and there was no way he was going to put the Goldberg's name on two million Fords.

They haggled back and forth for about two hours and finally agreed on $4 million and that just their first names would  be shown.  And so to this day, all Ford air conditioners show -- Lo, Norm, Hi, and Max -- on the controls.

Oy Vey! What a mashugana! :willy_nilly:

Look at it dis vay....they each had a million dollars at least until they got home to their wives!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

HISTORICAL FACT

Here's a little known fact for automotive buffs, or just to dazzle your friends. The four Goldberg brothers, Lowell, Norman, Hiram, and Maxwell, invented and developed the first automobile air-conditioner. On July 17, 1946, the temperature in Detroit was 97 degrees.

The four brothers walked into old man Henry Ford's office and sweet-talked his secretary into telling him that four gentlemen  were there with the most exciting innovation in the auto industry since the electric starter.

Henry was curious and invited them into his office. They refused and instead asked that he come out to the parking lot to their car.  They persuaded him to get into the car, which was about 130 degrees inside,
turned on the air conditioner, and cooled  the car off immediately.

The old man got very excited and invited them back to the office, where he offered them $3 million for the patent.

The brothers refused, saying they would settle for $2 million, but they wanted the recognition by having a label, 'The  Goldberg Air-Conditioner,' on the dashboard of each car in which it was installed.

Now old man Ford was more than just a little anti-Jewish, and there was no way he was going to put the Goldberg's name on two million Fords.

They haggled back and forth for about two hours and finally agreed on $4 million and that just their first names would  be shown.  And so to this day, all Ford air conditioners show -- Lo, Norm, Hi, and Max -- on the controls.

What a cool story!!!:rofl::rofl:

• Haha 1

Here is a page from Steve at Pontiac heaven web site. and a great read, i found his web site from my mate who sold me the 64 parts car, and i mentioned to him i was after long branch headers, he said to email this guy..

have a read.

http://www.pontiacheaven.org/Pontiac_Heaven_story.html

oh and check this page out !!!

http://www.pontiacheaven.org/Hemi_page.html

• Like 1

Any idea of where this picture was taken. There used to be a western store in North Hollywood named Nudies Rodeo Tailors. He drove a 66 Eldorado convertible that looked very much like that Bonneville, the horns, the guns, the horse shoes the whole schtick.

2 hours ago, Old guy44 said:

Any idea of where this picture was taken. There used to be a western store in North Hollywood named Nudies Rodeo Tailors. He drove a 66 Eldorado convertible that looked very much like that Bonneville, the horns, the guns, the horse shoes the whole schtick.

No sorry Dwight i dont! i justA tripped over it on the inter web, looking at 64's as i tend to do ! haha

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

i like these white walls, what do you guys think?, image.thumb.png.a488b43f51a5b11ed80ce954677762ff.png

i was looking at how they look with the 8 luggers 🙄

This is either Roy Roger's 1963 Bonneville convertible or Hank Williams Jr's 1964 Bonneville convertible (which is now owned by Kid Rock). Both were built by the same customizer.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Old guy44 said:

I think That's Roy Rogers car!

• Like 2

Makes sense. His eldo was a 66 so he probably patterned it after one of the forerunners. I just remember seeing it in front of his store when I was driving by.

• Like 2

Yup, you called it Justa. It belonged to Roy Rogers. This one resides at the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville Tn. A buddy went there a couple of months back and sent these to me.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Wrongway
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't recall where we were, but met Roy and he signed a picture of that car when I was a kid.  The stuffed Trigger was there too. Must have been on our way to visit an Uncle in Fla.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Old guy44 said:

Must have been the same guy that built the one for Nudie. Except for the brand change to Cadillac they look pretty much the same as I recall. That was 50 years ago, a stretch for a memory that currently has about a 45 minute life span. 

They say that the second thing to go is the memory but I do not remember what the first is.

Willlie is dead. The rest of you isn't. The second thing to go is your memory so you won't miss him anymore.