Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

This will make you smile

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

7 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

now these are 8 luggers!!!!! :dancingpontiac:

https://roadstershop.com/galleries/1965pontiac/#&gid=1&pid=333

not sure if you guys have seen this build or not, but i am sure impressed with the detail in this build :bowdown:

https://roadstershop.com/galleries/1965pontiac/

Amazing build.  The rims are over the top.

• Like 2

I have been so busy helping my friend with his shop that I have not kept up with the Pontiac news. The '65 build is amazing. I have the utmost respect for someone with the patience necessary to complete a project of this kind. I have the patience of a flash bulb and my idea of a complete build is that it looks good from 30 feet and is reliable enough for a daily driver. My definition of reliability is that I can jump into it at any time and head off for a road trip without worry.

As already stated the detail is off anyone's chart, my hat is off to the builder. I can only say GREAT JOB

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

my mate turned up last night who lives justA down the road and he had added another toy to his collection, he is a ford fan and scored this 07 

A3AFF3D7-85D1-4AC3-B8FF-2E208B659684.jpeg

big problem with this car in new zealand is the blind spot, being on the other side of the road in a left hook car and having that whole b pillar all the way back to the c pillar blocked in, you will never see cars coming as you look right at intersections. only girl i have with this issue is the 72 camaro, but no way near as bad is this 07 mustang 

• Like 1

Not quite on topic - but still pretty cool to watch the carnage!

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Not quite on topic - but still pretty cool to watch the carnage!

nelson drag strip !! kiwi drag racing :) 

to note was as soon as he could, he got it off the strip on the grass, with that big hole in the sump! 

7 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

nelson drag strip !! kiwi drag racing :) 

to note was as soon as he could, he got it off the strip on the grass, with that big hole in the sump! 

I think it would have been cool to see a shot of the engine, setting in the pits, with a hole in the side of it and the pieces of the piston lying next to it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I think it would have been cool to see a shot of the engine, setting in the pits, with a hole in the side of it and the pieces of the piston lying next to it.

Kinda like.......

image.png.44af3f445dce738221725ec7233bbd5e.png

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Haha 1

It is amazing how the durability of racing engines has improved. 50+ years ago when I was drag racing that engine would have been scattered over at least a hundred yards of asphalt. I saw many engine explosions shut down a strip while a team of people walked the entire strip picking up engine fragments. I remember one event when the blower and oil pan were simultaneously blown off the engine. I happened to be about 50 feet from it at about the 3/4 mark. between the parts, the oil and the fire it was a spectacular event. Closed down Lyons drag strip for the night.

I am sure that events like that one led to the development of the rear engine dragster. Better to have the explosion behind you than in front.

9 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

is that gold coins spewing out of that pumpkin? cause that is pretty much drag racing!!! hahaha:cheers:

You want to know how to make a small fortune racing? Start out with a large fortune!

• Haha 2

I prefer the episode they rescue the Pontiac T-37 out of the junkyard and take it to the Evil Knievel launch ramp in Twin Falls Idaho. Their best junk yard rescue ever IMO.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Frosty said:

I prefer the episode they rescue the Pontiac T-37 out of the junkyard and take it to the Evil Knievel launch ramp in Twin Falls Idaho. Their best junk yard rescue ever IMO.

very cool :cheers:

DC95D1C7-50C8-48C5-82FB-50809E1FA2B9.jpeg

i didn't want to fill Fitzy thread with my dribble... the spanner/ crescent welded to the frame and holding a engine mount made me remember my Diamalloy.

This spanner was given to me by my dad ( rip dad ) when i started my apprenticeship way back in the 80's.

it was second hand then and he never told me where it came from. but i know its old ...

check out the name.. Diamond tool and horseshoe co. Duluth minn..

i am sure its the oldest tool i still use on a daily basis !   

cool aye 👍

ok... and before you write me off as a nutter for posting pictures of my tools. :rofl:

Without these i couldn't  do my trade, so simple hand tools like this make me money and some are timeless, so i have an appreciation for them and who made them.... and i was taught how to maintain them, by oil and a rag.... every week !....🙄 ... thanks Dad !!.. if he can get the internet up there !! 

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

He don't need the internet bro. He's in your heart!   I have very cool tools from my Dad, Grandfather and great grandfather.   I have a huge assortment of mix N match tools.  My son has everything you can buy from the Snap on truck.  But, like you, it's how he makes his living.  Hate to think of what happens when I can't use em anymore.

• Like 2