Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

This will make you smile

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Love to have you and Fitzy over any time mate!

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

This is totally off subject but I just discovered yesterday the my car will start in reverse. The original neutral safety switch is set up for the original shift pattern PNDLR, the current 6l80 trans is PRNDM which means that it will start in reverse. Fortunately I installed a keyless entry push button start which requires your foot on the brake to start so the discovery while startling was not disasterous.  Does anyone know of a neutral switch similar in size and shape to the original for the later shift pattern that I can adapt to my steering column?

If I manage to get my junker to sound like that, all the work will have been worth it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fitzy said:

If I manage to get my junker to sound like that, all the work will have been worth it.

kinda justA wantA butler engine now fitzy !!! geees that car sound dam  good !

https://butlerperformance.com/g-23591-big-chiefs-new-the-crow.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

And for anyone who hasn't won lotto, what the next best thing ????:cheers:

Hard to top this one....:rofl::cheers:

• Haha 1

There are plenty of stroker kits out there. Butler's offerings are expensive but are forged & balanced. As I said earlier, Tin Indian were reasonable but apparently their website is 'out of date.' You're looking at a coupla grand US just for the kit and shipping 50kg of metal is gonna be another $500. Still, once installed it should last forever, unlike your bank balance.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Looks like he has 2 more undercovers in the driveway as well.   Exterior= Rough needs grill,  interior= Rough needs seats/carpet,  Engine ????  Right off, no belts on the engine so NOT running.  Underside of the car is anybody's guess.  Do like the manual trans+.

6 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Looks like he has 2 more undercovers in the driveway as well.   Exterior= Rough needs grill,  interior= Rough needs seats/carpet,  Engine ????  Right off, no belts on the engine so NOT running.  Underside of the car is anybody's guess.  Do like the manual trans+.

good spotting of those other 2 in the drive way JustA :) 

yes i liked that it was a manual too !

I agree with JUSTA6, seems a bit high for what it is. However it appears to be a clean body and it is all there. If it truly is all California there should not be any rust. Looking at the underside it appears to be pretty much unmolested. The 305 with a 4 speed was probably an insurance thing. In Cal in those days depending on different factors it was difficult to insure a "performance" automobile with over X amount of horsepower. I saw more than one 6 cyl 4 speed Camaro. Having spent that much time in storage I would wonder what damage the rats did to the interior and wiring. In retrospect maybe I am wrong on the value as things seem to be going up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old guy44 said:

I agree with JUSTA6, seems a bit high for what it is. However it appears to be a clean body and it is all there. If it truly is all California there should not be any rust. Looking at the underside it appears to be pretty much unmolested. The 305 with a 4 speed was probably an insurance thing. In Cal in those days depending on different factors it was difficult to insure a "performance" automobile with over X amount of horsepower. I saw more than one 6 cyl 4 speed Camaro. Having spent that much time in storage I would wonder what damage the rats did to the interior and wiring. In retrospect maybe I am wrong on the value as things seem to be going up.

Gonna be much higher in NZ as they have to add in the shipping and all paperwork, taxes, duty's, import  ect.