Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Ol bird gets a new heart

5 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

With everything else going on, my buddy Ozzie had a stroke last night.  Holding his own, but it's not good.  Guess the girls will be saying goodbye to their 4 legged brother when they stop by for dinner today.  This is tearin me up.

My thoughts are with you mate, justa you saying about Ozzie brings back my own experience with Harry.

• Thanks 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

8 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

With everything else going on, my buddy Ozzie had a stroke last night.  Holding his own, but it's not good.  Guess the girls will be saying goodbye to their 4 legged brother when they stop by for dinner today.  This is tearin me up.

My thoughts are with you & Ozzie buddy! Nothing else I can really say! It’s hard & nothing any of us can say to ease that pain! 

• Like 1

Long day of trying to get OZ to eat or drink, stand or even sit for more than a min without a crash N burn.  By the time the daughters figured out what was up there wasn't a dry eye in the house.  Agreed we were going to give him one more of his favorite things N go bye bye in the car.  Mention the cabin N he gets wings like redbull.  Give him the shot up there and his place with our other special dog.   So who comes walking (like a stifflegged cartoon) into the dining room. Gave him a couple thin bites of steak and he's hungry.  Wife made him dinner,  he drank some water and even took a few steps in the back yard.  Then he wanted to get up on the couch with me N watch street outlaws.  Hey Dad.... I'm not done with you yet.  Don't give up on me.  One side has been affected and he can't hold his head straight.   Looks like the roadtrip is to the vet to see if they can do anything to help.

• Sad 4

Justa, Fitzy, happy belated birthday guys! Super glad you finally got your block back and you can build again brother. :cheers:

Sorry to hear about Ozzie man.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Wrongway said:

Justa, Fitzy, happy belated birthday guys! Super glad you finally got your block back and you can build again brother. :cheers:

Sorry to hear about Ozzie man.

Thanks Wrongway. I was moaning about having covid the other day but then as usual, JustA trumps me with his dog story. You know, I don't really care for pets, or birds in cages or fish in tanks but even I got a bit choked up on reading JustA's latest doggie episode. That's gonna be a tough call - your dog is trying to keep it together but perhaps his time is up. Anyway, for what it's worth we're all listening intently.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Thanks Wrongway. I was moaning about having covid the other day but then as usual, JustA trumps me with his dog story. You know, I don't really care for pets, or birds in cages or fish in tanks but even I got a bit choked up on reading JustA's latest doggie episode. That's gonna be a tough call - your dog is trying to keep it together but perhaps his time is up. Anyway, for what it's worth we're all listening intently.

Sorry Fitzy,  Justa seems like I wander from one mess to another L8tly.:willy_nilly:  Leaving for the vet.  Really hope it doesn't get worse during the Dream Cruise.   BUT, He comes first.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I'm not even going into the last couple days.  End result I have not worked on Sunbird Motor.  Ordered what I thought I needed,  but missed some pieces.  They will hopefully be in today.  Ozzie update.  Vet says he's suffered nerve damage,  head tilts to one side but he is happy to eat/drink,  goes to the door when he needs out.  He even carries his fav toy.  Still walks like a drunken sailor,  but does't fall as much.  Justa happy to be where we are.  He's laying next to me here.  When the time comes I will do the right thing for my buddy.  But stroke doesn't always mean the end and the vet agree's.  

Now hope my parts come in.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Last Indian said:

Things in there proper order & as you can! What else can you do, but remember this. 
None of us are getting out alive, but the lucky ones get out happy & full filled! I think Ozzie is going to be one of those.

He already is Gary, thankz.  Everytime I've counted him out he comes back sayin hay, I'm not done with you yet.

• Like 2

Need your advice LastIndian.  My timing cover passages and water pump is full of hard cottage cheeze antifreeze jelly.  It's so plugged I can't get my finger in the lower hose passage from the pump.  Main reason to take the block in for cleaning.  I have to assume the rad is JUSTAS full.  Suggestions PLEASE.  I have Sunbird guts all over N under the GTO,  Frosty N the gang wanna cruise Flint tonight,  Need the majority of the Bird back together so I can even get the GTO outta the garage. Whatcha think Mr Wizzard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JUSTA6 said:

Need your advice LastIndian.  My timing cover passages and water pump is full of hard cottage cheeze antifreeze jelly.  It's so plugged I can't get my finger in the lower hose passage from the pump.  Main reason to take the block in for cleaning.  I have to assume the rad is JUSTAS full.  Suggestions PLEASE.  I have Sunbird guts all over N under the GTO,  Frosty N the gang wanna cruise Flint tonight,  Need the majority of the Bird back together so I can even get the GTO outta the garage. Whatcha think Mr Wizzard.

Steve out with my bride. 50 years tomorrow. What I need to tell is to involved to write now. So please call me on my cell so we can discuss the situation.

Edited by Last Indian
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Last Indian said:

I would JustA make a 50/50 solution of water & muratic acid in a pail or an & let the cover soak, but the polished pump needs treated differently. The muratic acid will etch the polished pump to gray! Do you have a pressure washer? If so I would try that.

yes i like Last Indians idea of the high pressure water blaster. that will get it out!

• Like 2