Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Ol bird gets a new heart

48 minutes ago, Frosty said:

If we can hook up some night before Friday, you can turn in my regsitration card for 2 out of the three show drawing. Otherwise, we can skip it.

So what's the story on the repair to Mike's Riv?

Justa talked with him, I can't seem to get back out to the garage.  He parted out a donor car a while ago. Took the driveshaft in from that and had it rebuilt, new U joints, carrier bearing, good to go.  He pulled the old one out of his car only to find a 1 year difference in models will NOT let him use the NEW driveshaft.  Took the shop a week to order and get parts, so doesn't look like he will get it back for Sellers even if he get's it in somewhere.  Joes my last hope.  Need to get the back of the bird up and tighten the driveshaft. (need to rotate to access the nuts on the U bolts)  Pull the battery while I'm back there.  Only need to finish rad and install. Pre oil engine and get the oil pressure up.  Last I need to figure out what to do about the 4 year old gas in the tank. Really don't smell bad, but if I install a battery, I can use the pump to empty the tank before hooking back up to the carb.  Will need enough fuel line to reach a can and thats stupid expensive with the new line that won't tear up using todays gas. Wanna drop it in the mail to me?  Should make it by Saturday. Call me on the house phone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I run a bypass hose from the intake to the water pump as I don't have a heater core in the Sunbird.  My 40 yr old braided steel hose will not seat back down properly.  Guess I have to replace the hose N clamps, they had a good run.:rofl: Battery, radiator N the old fuel issue and i can start it.  Wish the GTO was running. Will have to push it out, pull the Sunbird out and push the GTO back in the Sunbirds spot. UGH....it does not push well by myself.  Thought I was done pushing when I finally got it fired with the 421 in it years ago.:stars:

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Like 1

Yum.... do ya have Frankenberry and the Count too?? But I Justa remembered, Frosty is in W. Virginia for the hall of fame.  Never know...coulda rained down there too.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So finished draining the tank, dropped a couple gallons of fresh gas in.  Retightened the hose clamps on the fuel lines as they leaked a drip.  Was watching to make sure. Normal start procedure and putt putt putt. Tried real hard, then nothing.  Tried givin er a lil timing, lil more nothing,  hoping I didn't burn up a light trigger in the dist.  Eaziest way to check for spark is a timing light. Pickup on the plug wire. If it flashes you don't need to check the coil, if flashing in rhythm your plug is firing too. Nobody to turn the key for me so i gave up til this AM.  Went in to watch the rest of the Lions game, they are kickin butt, only to give it away in the last 40 seconds of the game.  Opened the garage door N could smell gas. Every gasket on the fricken carb has been leaking gas.  Destroying all the detail painting on most everything and of course the valley in my intake. Not to mention all the time I have into detailing this stuff.  :badGT: Damn thing can sit there N RUST til next year.  Huntin season starts Oct 1st, Time to kill something with horns.   

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

So finished draining the tank, dropped a couple gallons of fresh gas in.  Retightened the hose clamps on the fuel lines as they leaked a drip.  Was watching to make sure. Normal start procedure and putt putt putt. Tried real hard, then nothing.  Tried givin er a lil timing, lil more nothing,  hoping I didn't burn up a light trigger in the dist.  Eaziest way to check for spark is a timing light. Pickup on the plug wire. If it flashes you don't need to check the coil, if flashing in rhythm your plug is firing too. Nobody to turn the key for me so i gave up til this AM.  Went in to watch the rest of the Lions game, they are kickin butt, only to give it away in the last 40 seconds of the game.  Opened the garage door N could smell gas. Every gasket on the fricken carb has been leaking gas.  Destroying all the detail painting on most everything and of course the valley in my intake. Not to mention all the time I have into detailing this stuff.  :badGT: Damn thing can sit there N RUST til next year.  Huntin season starts Oct 1st, Time to kill something with horns.   

This year has been a nightmare for you! You really need a winter working garage! You could settle in & take your time! I feel for ya!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Frosty said:

image.png.838be1add8dd7d44c4599cf6b2c4c2e4.png

How Justa baits his deer blind these days.

Learned my lesson last year, you make waaay to much noise playin on your cell phone.😁

• Haha 2