Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Ol bird gets a new heart

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

29 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

image.thumb.png.a4e0843353c8e215284d1105bb9947d6.png

The mighty Mac.   Short story for those that can't show ya where ya live ON YOUR HAND! 

https://www.mackinacbridge.org/history/the-mighty-mac/

The Mac is one of those amazing feats of engineering! No doubt! So I hope folks won’t think me to crazy when I say, that ability to create such a feat did not come from human intellect, but from a God given gift to those that created it! So why people can’t understand just exactly why we are in the mess we find ourselves in right now is beyond me! Maybe just maybe we have forgotten the most important purpose in our existence! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Frosty said:

The mighty Mac is also the reason that Yoopers, people who live in the Upper Peninsula call those of us who live in the Lower Peninsula “trolls”! Trolls live below the bridge!!!!!  Bastiches!!!!

hmmm wonder what a frosty troll looks like!!!:rofl: or a justa Troll !!! :rofl:

• Haha 2

Machine Shop called the piston shop, as it's been almost 2 weeks (yea 7-10 days)  Should have them tomorrow and finish my block.  Then he drops a bombshell on what I owe.  Could have bought a turbo remanufactured long block (ready for boost and a 2 year warranty)  and paid the cars insurance for a full year, for that price.  He said, Well most of that is labor.  What, picking it up on the bench and putting back under the bench for 2 months.  $600 in parts, rest is labor.  AND NO FRIGGIN GASKET KIT FOR THE MOTOR.  Bearings, head gaskets, timing chain set.  New seats machined in the heads, one piece main instead of the ol rope seal.  Now I have to order my own engine gasket set.  I'm about to go TROLL on this guy.  Have very lil time to get the car running and some major testing before entering the worlds largest traffic jam. 

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Sad 3

We're hearing you, JustA. These days, labour runs into the thousands. When you pay someone, not only do you pay their salary, but the boss's rent, worker's insurance, their holiday pay, sick pay, medical insurance, their superannuation and so on. We can all do an awful lot on our cars, houses, machinery, whatever but you can't do it all. 

It'll be worth it when you fire it up and go for a drive, and you'll forget all about the horrendous cost. Honestly, what else would you be doing with your money? Vegas? Paris? Take up hang gliding?

• Haha 2

On 8/8/2022 at 7:27 PM, JUSTA6 said:

I'm a summer troll, here is our winter troll

image.png.7bd6a4f75e6e1093e7d2e08e73c9d7ad.png

Wise acre!!!

Although he is sorta handsome in an evil, manically way!

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 1

Still no block.  Hope to have my hood hydraulics working today.  Paint the oil pan and clean the engine compartment is all thats left to do before building the motor.  Today is my birthday.....guess what I'm hoping for?  I'm gettin too old for this drama shit.  Canceled todays dinner with the family as I was suppose to be workin on my mistress.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Happy Birthday! You're a Leo like me as it was my 60th last Saturday. My present was covid.

Leo's 4 sure!!!   64  for this ol cuss.  So who gotcha the gag gift?  Covid justa keeps on giving.  Will order gaskets that I need tomorrow.  Using a 3 layer head gasket from Cometic. Have never seen these before, but they seal like no other.  Made for mating a cast block to Aluminum heads.  They act differently to heat, the gasket gives it some wiggle room.  Lookin forward to tomorrow like a kid on Christmas eve.   :willy_nilly:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

So are we going to see you on Woodward and Back to the Bricks or are you going to a pig-in-shit deep putting the engine back together for the Sunbird? Happy belated birthday bud.

Hookers and blow again for your birthday Fitzy? Happy belated birthday mate! :cheers: I realize as men, we aren't a terribly fussy lot about our mates. But any mate that came out and partied with me, knowing he had COVID, just might earn a vegemite sandwich or two. 

If I had the parts/gaskets, it could be running Sunday.  Gonna be raining anyway.  Something about how nice it is to work on a car with all new/painted parts is priceless.  Need to put some time on this motor before jumping in the WORLD class traffic jam.   Can tell ya forsure it's NOT going to Flint.  Ran the Bricks a couple days ago while picking up Mikes Rivy at a tranny shop on Saginaw.  Duckin N divein some how Mike made it through without bottoming out.  Sunbird would NEVER make it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Still no block.  Hope to have my hood hydraulics working today.  Paint the oil pan and clean the engine compartment is all thats left to do before building the motor.  Today is my birthday.....guess what I'm hoping for?  I'm gettin too old for this drama shit.  Canceled todays dinner with the family as I was suppose to be workin on my mistress.

Happy Birthday Steve!!! 

trust your going to do some thing nice, dinner out, beers, go do some hunting or all the above  ????

yummmmmmm !!!!!

Vegemite and chip sandwich !!! the best ever!!! especially on super soft fresh bread !

i recommend salt and vinegar chips.... best flavor !!! :cheers:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Happy Birthday Steve!!! 

trust your going to do some thing nice, dinner out, beers, go do some hunting or all the above  ????

yummmmmmm !!!!!

Vegemite and chip sandwich !!! the best ever!!! especially on super soft fresh bread !

i recommend salt and vinegar chips.... best flavor !!! :cheers:

Thankz Chris.   Blew off dinner with the family to get my parts home N block on the stand N started pulling motor mounts ect to swap over.  Kids are demanding Sunday afternoon for some BBQ. Making a list of gaskets N heading for the parts store this AM to see what they have N what I need to order.   Hope to get the block/heads assembled /painted. 

• Like 2

After digging through my gasket box, I had much of what I needed including intake gaskets, water pump and front seal.  All I had to get was the oil pan, timing cover.  I even had a pre-made blower gasket ready to go from the last time I had to make some up.  They had to order the oil pan gasket.  Asked about ordering fittings for my hood hydraulics and he had nothing in the small plastic lines.  Wait, he takes me over to the brake line bins,  BINGO..... 1 way, push in connector.  2 second install time and a $5 fix instead of making or ordering new lines.  Every once N awhile something goes right.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Wow. I have never heard of such a concoction. I just checked in with my Kiwi missus and she has indeed confirmed that Vegemite & potato crisps in a sandwich is a Kiwi thing. Kiwi chimed in with using salt & vinegar flavour crisps. I'm now starting to wonder what other sort of strange rituals we'll be subjected to when we meet up. I'm thinking of that scene in Animal House - "Please sir, may I have another!"

We might just forget about visiting Taupo...

chicken! 

have you ever tried a fresh bread sandwich with Vegemite? add chips and it justa pops mate !

i dear you to try it !:dancingpontiac:

oh and while we are on  strange kiwi things..... we love pies, and fish n chips, hokey pokey ice cream too .

then there is trumpets ......

• Haha 1

With everything else going on, my buddy Ozzie had a stroke last night.  Holding his own, but it's not good.  Guess the girls will be saying goodbye to their 4 legged brother when they stop by for dinner today.  This is tearin me up.

• Sad 1