Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Ol bird gets a new heart

Update.  Shop called my NEW old crank is screwed up.  Only 10 over bearings everything went together well, then went to put the timing chain on and the crank gear slips on and wiggles N has some deep grooves from the gear breaking. Asked if I have another crank.  Yes I did and ran it up there but I had it in plastic, but failed to oil it down.  It's rusty and not sure if 20 over will fix the prob.  Gear fits that one perfect.  Other scenario is welding N machining the 1st one.  Block is decked, cleaned and cyls done.  Had the crank in but it's out again now. Heads are done too, New seats installed, seals, decked, freeze plugs. He said I could have brought it home today until this prob.  Doesn't look good for Woodward.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Nothing from the engine shop.  The auto repair did manage to look at my truck. (I had to haul home on a trailer from the cabin)  The transfer case is gone.  Have a feeling when they install the new one, that they will find probs with the DR side front wheel too.  This is gonna be major expensive.  The Bird motor is gonna be a big bill as well.  Never fails......  Again, there goes the GTO paint fund.

• Sad 4

7 hours ago, Last Indian said:

I don’t know for sure how, but I think there’s a guy who occupies a white house somewhere south of you that is responsible for all of it. But hey I here he’s passin out money like candy maybe he’ll pay for it. You can call it building back better. 
Have you ever considered painting the GTO green? Tell him it’s part of the green energy plan! 
All of that put aside, I feel for you buddy, Karma’s a bitch, but when it lands on the wrong guy; I call that JustA plain wrong!

For once in the last 2 yrs there's something I CAN'T blame on that senile SOB.  Justa my own damn luck.  Never Justa one thing it's always a list.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

From experience they come in three's 🙄   best  you go check that bore pump justA  ... !!!

:slap:   Started with the GTO NOT making the club dustoff show.  Move to the Sunbird motor then #3 my tranfer case on the truck.  So breaking the crank timing gear in half is unheard of.....how do you crack the harmonic balancer right down the keyway as well???   Justa sayin I need to take a pic of the balancer for the EPIC fail thread. 😟

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Nothing from either shop today. I'm assuming he talked me into balance N blueprinted the block??  So I hand sanded my lil fingers off.  Driveshaft, sanded, primed N painted.  Made my exhaust out of galvanized pipe. (it was an option back then)  So once a year polish with steel wool and Mothers mag polish til chrome like shine.  Well that's how it used to roll.  Spent hours on one bank of the exhaust.  Gave up, Prime N painted both banks Hot paint silver and repainted black on exhaust tips, yellow stripe N inside tip and clearcoated.  Both exhaust manifolds Eastwood exhaust silver.  Sanded the trans down but need to buy enough Red for the block N trans. Still have the bellhousing to clean, prep N paint.  Need to clean up the engine compartment before it gets the new heart.  HAVE to figure out my hydraulic mess as that is mounted behind the Radiator N can only be worked on with the Rad out.  The 2 lines I have from my stash are the upper lines.  I broke a lower.  Sharing the bosses ride is getting really old.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

I'm assuming he talked me into balance N blueprinted the block??

what do you mean mate???

i would expect for a blown motor you certainly would balance and blue print all internals ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

what do you mean mate???

i would expect for a blown motor you certainly would balance and blue print all internals ?

I meant,  he put me in another line to wait. All can think of, why he hasn't called.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wrongway said:

Good things come to those who wait. But why in the hell do they have to take so long!

yeah man! i hate waiting come on hurry up !:rofl:

Reminds me of white wall tires ordered 9 months ago!!! .......

good things come to those who wait JustA !!! hahahahaha :rofl:..... 9 months latter !!!:rofl:

• Haha 1

I'm no DR  and have no Patience......  He's only had my block for 2 months!!!  Have not hassled him about it, BUT now I'm gettin mad.  Have jumped through every hoop he's put out there. Shocked him with new/old parts that I had.  Everything on my end, has been cleaned, sanded, painted, cleared N ready to go back together.  Want it for dream cruise, no excuses for not makin Sellars this fall.   FCK.... all that's missing is U lil V6.  Called the shop working on my truck yesterday.  Waiting on the used transfer case.  Asked them to throw my old one in the back of my truck when they get it.  We will justa junk it.  Yea, NO....I want the $800 electric switch that puts it in 4X4.  Todays mission is to find or order correct hydraulic hoses for my hood.  Wondering about having my Radiator hot tanked before that goes back in too.

• Like 1

Take a drive to over to NPD or your local hydraulic shop bud.

Hot tanking the rad is probably a good insurance step since the car has sat for so long.

• Like 1

Getting back to normal.  2 phone calls before 8:30 this AM.  Truck is ready, heading out to pick it up.  Engine shop sent my pistons to be coated??  We talked about this N thought it wasn't necessary.  He said week to 10 days, guess it's been a week today.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Getting back to normal.  2 phone calls before 8:30 this AM.  Truck is ready, heading out to pick it up.  Engine shop sent my pistons to be coated??  We talked about this N thought it wasn't necessary.  He said week to 10 days, guess it's been a week today.  

It's that time to renew my plates on all my cars.  Checked into what plate I could put my custom Justa's on and the Bridge with yellow sunset was my only choice with 7 characters.  Have had the Blue plates since the 80's. Time for a change!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

It's that time to renew my plates on all my cars.  Checked into what plate I could put my custom Justa's on and the Bridge with yellow sunset was my only choice with 7 characters.  Have had the Blue plates since the 80's. Time for a change!

hmm you know we like pictures around here aye!:rofl:

• Haha 2