Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Ol bird gets a new heart

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

So went to pull my rad hoses off so I can soak the radiator in the Muratic acid.  Not only were they covered in white powder/minerals.  When I stuck my finger in there to pry some out, hunks of the springs that hold the shape N corners came tumbling out. No prob they deserve to be replaced after 42+ years of service.  Now nobody makes the upper or lower for the Sunbird.  Will have to use the flex universal hoses??  Gotta be kiddin me.  Also checked on a replacement air filter that fits in the Street scoop. $35.00 say what??? For a 6in air filter??  grabbed one "close" off the damn wall for $13.00  have no idea if it will fit yet.  My buds over at Mazza's 2  will let me search the extensive stock of rad hoses tomorrow to see if I can get close to a match or something I can use.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Already checked em....nope.  I did copy these numbers to check when I'm searching what they have in stock. Gates and AC delco and Dayco hoses.  The 2 uppers they offer look very close.  Finding lower hose that will work should be easier.

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Like 2

Yesterday spent more time searching stock for something close to the upper hose I can't find.  Ordered one yesterday that should be in Thurs that looks damn close.  Nothing billet to match my bolt pattern for the thermostate housing.  Ordered a stock one that came in today.  It's not the stock steel, but cast aluminum.  Being stock has the bypass tube that has to be removed. Now thinkin I'll be spending hours of hand/finger sanding/polishing the housing to match up with the rest of the engine.  Wish I was closer to our parts polishing guru, Last Indian. :indian: Valve covers painted/ polished as well as fasteners, Carb body and detail painting done.  Need to touch up paint a few more detail items N finish assembly.  Very lil time til after the wedding now.  Family starts arriving from out of state tomorrow.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I never noticed the V6 logo on the blower drive before. Nice touch!

Give JUSTAG6 a hug for me! I wish her the best on her wedding day! Is Red going to be part of the wedding party?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I won't be at Sellers, I'm heading to West Virginia this Friday night for the WInfield Cruise In and WV Drag Racing Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony on Saturday. I'll be heading home on Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

I won't be at Sellers, I'm heading to West Virginia this Friday night for the WInfield Cruise In and WV Drag Racing Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony on Saturday. I'll be heading home on Sunday.

Hope Joe goes, JustaG6 will still be on her honeymoon.  Not sure if Mike will make it with the Rivy.

• Like 1

If we can hook up some night before Friday, you can turn in my regsitration card for 2 out of the three show drawing. Otherwise, we can skip it.

So what's the story on the repair to Mike's Riv?

• Like 1