Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Ol bird gets a new heart

14 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Since when did we start caring about doing the right things the right way?

4 sure..... It's gonna screw up anyway and you end up doing the same job multiple times anyway.  Made 1/2 lap around the yard and my tractor puked all over the yard with gas blasting in every direction from the carb.  Ran for vise grips N pinched off the line and the fuel line tears like paper. WTF? I have no 1/4in fuel line so push the tractor back to the shed and dig out my push mower. After going through that, filling with gas, top off the oil to get er to fire up. NOTHING,  pulled my guts off N never fired.  shoved it into the side yard N left it.  Pulled the front bowl off the Sunbird, nothing looks wrong with the NEW accelerator pump, put 2 screws in it and worked by hand N it works perfect. Again WTF?  Put it all back together fire up the fuel pump and its blasting from the rear bowl.  Pulled that off and notice the crossover tube between bowls is missing most of the tiny O ring gasket. Pulled the needle/seat and blew through that, still can't find the rest of the missing rubber,  Blew through the passage way in the bowl and found another small piece.  Still missing about half of the O ring. This is brand new out of the box gaskets from the rebuild kit.  AGAIN WTF?  Will stop on the way home from Vball and get new O rings,  can't put it back together til I find the missing rubber.  That'll plug the secondary needle valve in a hurry.  Didn't need yard lights, I was glowing so RED, it looked like sunset when I gave up and went in.:badGT:

• Haha 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

OK...Guess what 2 rubber O rings the diameter of a pencil cost????   That would be $10.06 and comes with it's own Holley pre packaged kit. This is NOT OK.  

• Haha 1