Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

64 LeMans

next up is to make trans cooler lines but don't know how they where run stock, between pan and exhaust or on the outside of the exhaust along the frame? anyone got some pics?

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

33 minutes ago, Andy H said:

next up is to make trans cooler lines but don't know how they where run stock, between pan and exhaust or on the outside of the exhaust along the frame? anyone got some pics?

mine hug the pan mate, and have little metal straps holding them ..... kinda important as the with the torque of the motor you want them hard fixed and facing out the front, then a nice 3- 4 inches of hose too the cooler

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Andy am i right in seeing that you have saddled the trans cooler lines to the chassis ? and they are hard tube straight into the trans connection ?

if so, you need to make allowance for the torque of the motor, the engine mounts will twist the motor clock wise and anti clockwise every time you hit the go pedal or stomp the breaks , the connections onto the trans will loosen and leak.

Add 4 inches of flexible hose straight out of the trans to allow for flex. 

my 64 is the other way around, i have hard tube from the trans hard mounted to the sump bolts then rubber hose off the front of the motor to the cooler in the radiator :cheers: 

certainly looking super clean !!! and i do like that painted thermostat housing ! wayyyy better than chrome 

Oh and i do like your Plumbing skills! you could be a plumber mate !!!:cheers:

That's the way they stock trans cooler lines are run and mounted took quite a while before i found some pictures of it and i also had my stock line but they where pretty twisted up.

Most older cars have one piece tubes all the way but the one's i have done in the past have been run next to the oil pan and out in front.

I believe that most cars that has hoses at one end has been cut and modified, we will find out how it works.

6 hours ago, Fitzy said:

I'd like to know what an adjustable thermostat housing is.

JSD M073 Pontiac Polished Aluminum Water Neck Thermostat Housing 326 350 389 400 421 455 https://a.co/d/7Pjkjif

Didn't care for the shiny look so i bead blasted it and painted it 😁

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

Agree with the 1 piece lines Andy.  Right/wrong, I use a 1 piece hold down with 2 rubber grommets built in to give it some flex.  I see what your sayin KIWI, but to me adding rubber is 2 more chances per line of a leak.  We have all done it to fix a prob, but I wouldn't mess up the beautiful work Andy's done.

I bet most of the time the rubber lines where added when the lines cracked/ leaked because of to much flexing, a lot of newer cars have hoses crimped on to the hardlines, i thought it was a little different with the way the lines was routed via the frame but that's how the factory did it.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

so if thats factory it must be ok:cheers:

As long it last until the warranty is over 😁 doesn't mean it is the best solution but it's cheap and it works good enough 🤔

• Haha 2

Next is throttle cable bracket, any ideas? Pictures?  Have Edelbrock performer intake and need One for throttle and kick down cable 

IMG_20220824_180824327_HDR.jpg

Edited by Andy H
  • Like 2

Glad I could help bro. I think most of the cars that had floor mounted gas peddles had the rod style linkage. At least all that I've seen. I've enjoyed watching your build man, keep up the good work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what are you guys using to Secure these to the inner fender?

Anybody using some kind of plastic clips instead of the factory staples?

Update on the distributor cluster *******

Sent it back to Amazon, ordered a new one but no shipping date so I'm waiting and  finally they canceled the order 🙄

Ordered a new one from Summit and new shipping date is 12 of October 🤬

Should have contacted petronix instead since they are somewhat lokal, to late now so stay tuned.

IMG_20220928_194620432.jpg

Edited by Andy H
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1