Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

wtjosaas' 1970 Firebird

2018 July
of the Month

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

10 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Hey buddy. Last I heard you were flooding?? Then you were painting your front end so I assumed the water is gone.  How's everything there? Heats been killer here.   Far as I know Frosty got this stuff from NPD.  Usually really good for parts and fairly close to us here in Mich.  Will see Frosty next week at the Widetracker meeting and talk about this more. Besides, he will need help manually putting his top up. hehehe :rofl: He's attending a parade on the 4th with the club, so I know the top will be down. :driving:

Most of the folks that get flooded around here live in the valleys by the rivers. I’ve never been flooded, knock wood, even when we got 9” of rain in 10 hours before, so alls good!

Heat has been killer here as well. The Indian is at a stand still, half torn apart. Work asked me to come back for a while for some further development work on one of my patents. They want to augment that into an additional patent so no time to finish it yet.

I doubt that it’s the thread issue. Most likely either the threads are screwed up, which can be fixed. Or fitting wasn’t screwed in tight enough, or something might be cracked. If he hasn’t taken it apeart yet, I would put plastic in the area to protect things and run the rams to see where it’s leaking at to try and make a determination.

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Put the top up and down manually is not a problem right now, as you can see from the 4th of July thread.

I have the Motor City POCI show this coming weekend, so with any luck I will try to find my tap and die set (or find one/buy one) and try fixing this thing again the following weekend - before the club's annual picnic on the 22nd.

Working on it at night is out of the question given my work schedule and visiting my father after work nearly every day.

Here is some info on hydraulic fittings....Thought It might be of some help....

0711181956.jpg

0711181958.jpg

0711181951.jpg

0711181951b.jpg

0711181952.jpg

0711181953.jpg

0711181952a.jpg

0711181953a.jpg

0711181953b.jpg

0711181955.jpg

0711181955b.jpg

Thanks for the tips Two Lane. I appreciate the info from Last Indian as well.

Hopefully the 21st will be decent weather and I can get back to it. I have a car show and club meeting on Saturday, and the kid's 19th birthday on Sunday.