Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

[ChaosweaveR]'s Grand Am GT Progression

I've already realized I can't be with someone who isn't interested in cars in one way or another. I've dated people who aren't interested and it causes far more problems than its worth!

Ditto. Non-car chicks just don't get it, and half the ones I've done a few dates with...shit, they try and fix that right off the bat. NOPE.avi

Especially if I ever boost the GA. Need an understanding chick by my side when I say, "Hey hun...I'm using that $8K lying around to do a turbo build on the Grand Am! =D" and not get the reaction of, "FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I first had to get my father used to me modifying what was his pride and joy. Now, he's totally fine with it and enjoys seeing it progress.

I make it obvious that I'm a car nut though, so it's not like it's a surprise to any girls I meet. -_-

Ditto. Non-car chicks just don't get it, and half the ones I've done a few dates with...shit, they try and fix that right off the bat. NOPE.avi

Especially if I ever boost the GA. Need an understanding chick by my side when I say, "Hey hun...I'm using that $8K lying around to do a turbo build on the Grand Am! =D" and not get the reaction of, "FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

You want her reaction to be, "FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, I was going to use the 8k to swap a supercharged 2.2L ecotec into my Fiero, completely rebuild the suspension and buy new wheels!"

(If it comes to modifiying anything, all I can think about is my Fiero project... I really need to make a thread about that.)

I make it obvious that I'm a car nut though, so it's not like it's a surprise to any girls I meet. -_-

Same. Most guys (heck, people) don't expect it from me. I start talking about my cars and they get the "durrr" look on their face. Of course, once you get to know me at all you realize my existence is based around my cars. :lol:

I first had to get my father used to me modifying what was his pride and joy. Now, he's totally fine with it and enjoys seeing it progress.

My parents freaked when they first saw me swapping the mickey mouse mirrors for dual posts back in '07, but slowly, they've learned that it's MY car, and I WILL mod it. :lol:

And I make it obvious too, shit...on the dating sites I use, I state right off the bat..."I'm a car guy, my car is my hobby and passion, and I'm a mechanic as well. Got a problem? Don't waste my time." :lol:

You want her reaction to be, "FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, I was going to use the 8k to swap a supercharged 2.2L ecotec into my Fiero, completely rebuild the suspension and buy new wheels!"

(If it comes to modifiying anything, all I can think about is my Fiero project... I really need to make a thread about that.)

I <3 you. :lol:

Same. Most guys (heck, people) don't expect it from me. I start talking about my cars and they get the "durrr" look on their face.

durr.jpg

• Like 1

Well technically my father modified the GP too, so it's not like I'm the first to do so. :(

Plus he knows I'm taking care of it and is glad to see that 18 years after buying it, it's still with us.

Well technically my father modified the GP too, so it's not like I'm the first to do so. :(

Plus he knows I'm taking care of it and is glad to see that 18 years after buying it, it's still with us.

Damn. I would have liked my pop's old 85 Mercury Grand Marquis. That car was a TANK. After that, he picked up an '86 Olds 98, then nabbed a '97 Buick Skylark. So TECHNICALLY, my GA is the second N-body in my family's possesion. :lol:

After the Skylark, he traded it for a 95 Cadillac DeVille once we moved to Long Island. After a few years, then came the 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis, then in '07 (a month after I got the GAGT, he got jelly :lol: ) he picked up the '01 DeVille.

• Founders
' date='Apr 7 2011, 10:03 AM' post='52070']

Chick: "Hey, your car is loud,"

Me: "What?" *laughs*

Chick: "Your car is LOUD, you must wake up everyone in your neighborhood at night,"

Me: "Nope. Mine is within legal decebel range, wait...why do you care?"

Chick: "It's a CAR. Nobody cares,"

Me: "Uhh, well...I do,"

Chick: "Why? You can spend your money on way better things,"

Me: *laughs* "Such as?"

Chick: *gives me the UGH face* "Let me guess, you're single?"

Me: "Your point?"

Chick: *fake laugh*

Me: "I'll tell you what," *I put my hand on the GA's spoiler* "This car does what I want, when I want. It doesn't ask me questions, want me to do things, make sure I don't hurt it's feelings and damn sure doesn't question anything I do. I maintain it, it continues to drive like a champ, now MY question is, are YOU that loyal?"

WIN!

I always say that if a girl has a problem with my car (or me modding my car), she'll be way gone before it does :(

' date='Apr 7 2011, 10:56 AM' post='52111']

Damn. I would have liked my pop's old 85 Mercury Grand Marquis. That car was a TANK. After that, he picked up an '86 Olds 98, then nabbed a '97 Buick Skylark. So TECHNICALLY, my GA is the second N-body in my family's possesion. :(

After the Skylark, he traded it for a 95 Cadillac DeVille once we moved to Long Island. After a few years, then came the 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis, then in '07 (a month after I got the GAGT, he got jelly :lol: ) he picked up the '01 DeVille.

He's had some nice cars, I'm noticing a like of the Cadillac brand. :lol:

My parents have only had about 6 cars in their married life, they tend to pick up what they want (i.e. GP) and then keep them for many years. The GP and our Suburban are the record-holders for time owned though, they're both at 18 years now.

My dad has had his '77 Can Am since it was new. The '74 Opel Manta he got when he was in college, so around 81 or 82 maybe?

He's had some nice cars, I'm noticing a like of the Cadillac brand. :(

My parents have only had about 6 cars in their married life, they tend to pick up what they want (i.e. GP) and then keep them for many years. The GP and our Suburban are the record-holders for time owned though, they're both at 18 years now.

He's been sticking with GM, since he is a fan of Caddy. He's been eyeballing the newer DTS' models (07-09) and likes.

My pops is a big dude, he's always had big cars...the exception being the Skylark.

My dad has had his '77 Can Am since it was new. The '74 Opel Manta he got when he was in college, so around 81 or 82 maybe?

Man. My fam doesn't keep cars around...but the lame 94 Sentra is the exception...we've had it since 1996, after my mom's 86 Hyundai Excel died. Now it just...sucks. :lol:

• Founders

Same here, my dad still drives his '95 Monte that he bought brand new that year :( and my mom is driving a 2000 Venture. I can only name 4 or 5 other cars that they've had...

My dad has gone through a few trucks, but he runs a farm so that's expected. Otherwise, I've had my Fiero for 11 years and Xena for 6. My stepmom went through a few vehicles before she was with my dad and now she's had the '03 GMC Sierra 3500 since new and the '05 Bonneville GXP since my grandpa gave it to her in '08 when my grandma passed away (it had been her car). The '88 Fiero GT has been in the family since new as well. We are a family of exceptional car love :(

Did you forget to upload/post all the pics? :rofl:

j/k looks great! :cheers:

I cleand up mine today too. :lol: