Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

[ChaosweaveR]'s Grand Am GT Progression

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders
' date='Mar 24 2011, 01:13 PM' post='51351']

>Does not realize the reference towards 5th gen Camaros.

I am disappoint.

Well you said "WHEN was there a cool Camaro" thus basically I've said they've always been cool because 1966 was the first year they went into production :D

Well you said "WHEN was there a cool Camaro" thus basically I've said they've always been cool because 1966 was the first year they went into production :D

After 2010, the Camaro turned into an ugly looking, ungrated block of cheese. And overweight too. :D

Now, a first gen Z/28? Retro-rodded? Yes plz. I'd focus on suspension and braking upgrades, and have the reliable LS2 under the hood.

:woot: FAIL!

1967 was the first year for the camaro. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Yellow as a slight accent could be good. Offset plate not feelin the love.

I would have centered it down there, personally. I just rock it with no front plate and hope for the best. I had a fix-it for it once and solved the problem by putting a license plate bracket on heavy-duty suction cups and sticking it to the bumper when I had to go in and get the ticket written off.

Police checkpoints have been popping up EVERYWHERE, with my front plate, only my tint is the only issue, and I just paid off a tint ticket from back in January, and a no front plate ticket in November (on my birthday, nonetheless)

Maybe... you could not live on LI. Lol. Here in Stevens Point, cops are kept busy with drunken college morons on most nights, and almost completely ignore modified cars. Yippee!

I wish I could leave. -_-

NY is getting nuts about modded cars, we're the second strictest state with DMV emissions and regulations, and every year, NYS DMV follows Cali's footsteps in emissions and regulations towards modded cars.

You have a car. Go. That's what I plan on doing once I graduate! In theory, anyway.

(If only it really were so easy.)

In other news, I hate stupid laws that are enacted to keep stupid people from doing stupid things, but then they affect the rest of us who are abiding by the rules of the road but just want to express ourselves through the art of car modification. WHY IS EVERYTHING ILLEGAL?!

With more and more people (the average Joe) viewing cars more as appliances that get them from point A to point B, seeing modded cars, especially with different wheels, exhaust, etc, I've noticed these people are quick to judge on the owners just being attention hungry fools.

How?

Last October, I was in my usual hang out spot, down Port Jefferson, by the docks I like to stay by. It's dusk, my car's auto headlights were on (remember, I have HIDs.) but it's not dark at all. I'm floating around the lot next to the docks, looking for a spot. I want my spot right up by the dock, so I can chill on a bench right next to the GA. Yes, I want my car in my sight if I can, all the time. After circling the lot six times, a spot finally opens up.

I pull into the spot, and there's two of these preppy looking chicks sitting on the trunk of a shiny new '10 Altima. The conversation that ensued...kinda sad...

Chick: "Hey, your car is loud,"

Me: "What?" *laughs*

Chick: "Your car is LOUD, you must wake up everyone in your neighborhood at night,"

Me: "Nope. Mine is within legal decebel range, wait...why do you care?"

Chick: "It's a CAR. Nobody cares,"

Me: "Uhh, well...I do,"

Chick: "Why? You can spend your money on way better things,"

Me: *laughs* "Such as?"

Chick: *gives me the UGH face* "Let me guess, you're single?"

Me: "Your point?"

Chick: *fake laugh*

Me: "I'll tell you what," *I put my hand on the GA's spoiler* "This car does what I want, when I want. It doesn't ask me questions, want me to do things, make sure I don't hurt it's feelings and damn sure doesn't question anything I do. I maintain it, it continues to drive like a champ, now MY question is, are YOU that loyal?"

I don't even stick around for an answer, I decided to walk across the street for a goddamned slice of fuking goddamned victory pizza.

• Like 1

We may be single, but we're damn happy because we have our cars! -_- I think it's a joy most people never get to experience; the bond between oneself and the freedom and joy that comes with having a vehicle that is truly and uniquely ones own. My car is the one thing that has always been there for me through every life experience in the past 6 years, who has let me confide in her and who has never let me down. Maybe I'm too in love with my car for any other relationship to work out.. lol!

I've already realized I can't be with someone who isn't interested in cars in one way or another. I've dated people who aren't interested and it causes far more problems than its worth!