Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

[ChaosweaveR]'s Grand Am GT Progression

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

' date='Jul 29 2011, 08:59 PM' post='57665']

They aren't that bad. :lol:

They arent that good either. ;) (sorry had to)

' date='Jul 30 2011, 08:44 AM' post='57681']

I will say this: the tires on Jess's 15"s are comfy as hell! She has Continential ContiProContacts on them, cushier than my Khumos. :lol:

More sidewall = softer ride going straight but less comfort & handiling in the corners.

They arent that good either. :( (sorry had to)

More sidewall = softer ride going straight but less comfort & handiling in the corners.

I should have pointed out, the Khumos are my winter tires, 215/60 R15 versus the Conti's: 195/65 R15. Same aspect ratio.

• 4 weeks later...

trade in: $2,000.00 at best. a strong dealer will show you $2,500.00 but there only really giving you 1,500.00 to $2,000.00. the extra $500 is really money off the car your getting but they put it on the trade to make you feel good. A dirt bag dealer will do this but too but in a much harder way to spot. and all dealers will de value your car to steal it to wholesale it to make a quick buck. bla bla bla you know I sold cars before so if you do go to do anything call me from the dealer before you agree to anything and ill give you advice. (if you want)

private sale: $3,500.00 or so.

• Founders
' date='Aug 23 2011, 03:56 PM' post='58569']

Cody comes to mind...he loves the GA.

Wonder if he loves it enough to travel to NY to get it? lol. I mean I love your GA but not enough to travel that far :dancingpontiac:

your joking right? what ideas do u have for the new car?please tell me its american atleast.

Nope. Next car will more than likely be a four cylinder...another V6 if the deal is nice. A five speed is a MUST. I'm so bloody sick of automatics. I'm not limiting myself to certain brands, a car is a car. I've been looking at everything in the price range of $2000-$3500. I want to be able to pay off a car in full, no car payments. Keep it for a few years until I get out of this damn trade, or just find a better paying repair job, and save up for a down payment on something +$8000 again. My credit needs to be rebuilt, and it's bad enough some lame ass school loan I completely forgot about went into default. My lame ass job barely pays as it is, and since our economy is still in the shithole...I feel cramped into a corner here.

I'm not exactly leaving the hobby, I just want a car that gets better than the lame sub 18mpgs my GA gets, easier to work with, and better aftermarket. Regardless of what outcries may appear, there's no guarantee I'll stick with Pontiac, or American for that matter.

' date='Aug 24 2011, 01:13 AM' post='58601']

I just want a car that gets better than the lame sub 18mpgs my GA gets.

Holy crap. My car has twice the cylinders and gets 17mpg.

I feel as if the time is nearing to part ways with the GA...+80,000 miles, +4 years...it's been fun.

As of right now, the car needs a lot of help. Problems include:

*Possible bad right front wheel bearing

*Seized slider pin on right front caliper, caused outer pad to drag on the rotor, ruining both the pad and rotor

*Rear defroster not working

*Blower motor resistor not working properly

*Turn signal switch dirty (random click)

*Annoying P0420 code DESPITE new cat and downstream O2 sensor

*Rock chipped windscreen

*Right side HID blew out

*Headlights fogged to high hell despite cleaned...TWICE.

Once most of that is situated, and car payments are past a G, car will go back to stock for the most part, and put up for sale.