Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1957 Chieftain restomod Build

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

That looks idyllic. Your 'bar tender' (hello child labour) needs to aim more carefully for their mouth - much like you after many beers. Good to see you have some nice warm weather. It's been roasting hot here and then the rain came. It has now settled into a perpetual drizzle which is nice because it'll soak into the ground and it keeps the temperature down.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Yes mate, well done. Conversely, here in Queensland they manually inputted the GP's original VIN so it appears that way on my registration. All modern cars have a 17 digit (I think) VIN, so I'm guessing they made yours fall into line.

Gotta love Rain X. I once wiped my windscreen with metho and drove it through a storm without ever touching the wipers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fitzy said:

Yes mate, well done. Conversely, here in Queensland they manually inputted the GP's original VIN so it appears that way on my registration. All modern cars have a 17 digit (I think) VIN, so I'm guessing they made yours fall into line.

Gotta love Rain X. I once wiped my windscreen with metho and drove it through a storm without ever touching the wipers.

It was a slow death for the wipers mate… they started getting slower and slower .. then stop !!! Haha 

that’s one of my missions for tomorrow 

to find what went wrongway ! Hahaha 

I can hear the motor working .. but no movement !!

dumb mopar !!! 
if it was a Pontiac it wouldn’t have done that ! Hahaha :dancingpontiac:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No. If it had been a Pontiac, you wouldn't have needed wipers, because you wouldn't be moving! Well, not really. Wipers are one of those things that you take for granted and then all of a sudden when you actually need them, they're not there. I can remember a taxi driver telling me that it's all the weird stuff that you never give a thought to that can go in a high mileage vehicle, like a taxi. I also remember reading something from a chauffeur who would undertake minor maintenance tasks on his boss's Rolls Royce. He said that (on a particular model) you had to be careful about doing something within the vicinity of the wiper apparatus because you could accidentally trip the switch and the mechanism would either break your arm or at the very least, really hurt you. That'd be fun: being slowly eaten by a Rolls Royce and with your good arm frantically try and turn the damn wipers off!

• Haha 2

I vividly remember NYE 1999. I was determined that it was going to be special (just in case the robots took over the world.) Because this is a family forum, let's just say that I was looking after my girlfriend as she was watching the countdown and fireworks on the telly. I should have married that one - she was awesome.

Now, what's all this about Pontiacs...?

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...