Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1957 Chieftain restomod Build

5 hours ago, Frosty said:

509395 should be the casting code but I can't validate it in the list of valid Pontiac blocks. It may also be the last digits of the VIN for the car it was installed in.

15H indicates that this is a 1963 389 267 HP engine installed a full size Pontiac with an automatic transmission and 2-barrel carb.

Great info Frosty ! that engine number doesnt match up with Dwights vin, but the year does ! :dancingpontiac:

and really i am not building a matching numbers car, so it doesnt matter at all, 

what i am trying is use as much Pontiac in my build as i can. and at least, gm items like the vette suspension 

it would be easy for me to stick a ls engine out of a holden, they are everywhere but whats the fun in that !

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

https://www.rbssuperchargers.com/WEIAND

These are my boys right here!!!   BDS   They cut down and welded on a blower plate to my intake to make it happen.  Then worked out vbelt and blower pully's N spacers.  Contact them, as I can't find anything for a 389.

https://www.blowerdriveservice.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Butler is the go to for sure, on how to build the internals, but a Procharger is NOT what Chris is looking for.  Looking to put together an on the manifold supercharger and keep it under the hood.  B&M had the perfect solution and it looks like Whipple has the idea he would like to run with and keep the hood intact.  Holley bought out B&M.  If BDS (blower) will build a manifold for Chris (as they did for me back in the day)  they might be able to keep it under the hood.  Pro Charger or a system like it might have to be a consideration for the $$$ part if nothing else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Butler is the go to for sure, on how to build the internals, but a Procharger is NOT what Chris is looking for.  Looking to put together an on the manifold supercharger and keep it under the hood.  B&M had the perfect solution and it looks like Whipple has the idea he would like to run with and keep the hood intact.  Holley bought out B&M.  If BDS (blower) will build a manifold for Chris (as they did for me back in the day)  they might be able to keep it under the hood.  Pro Charger or a system like it might have to be a consideration for the $$$ part if nothing else.

JustA is dead right ! i dont want that blob sticking out the side of the motor( procharger) the whipple blower looks looks wayyyy sexer ! or even the harrop blower !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

JustA is dead right ! i dont want that blob sticking out the side of the motor( procharger) the whipple blower looks looks wayyyy sexer ! or even the harrop blower !

image.png.b53d9315c360df702a8e8af11fac58a1.png

You can see where BDS cut the top off my intake and welded on the blower mount. Notice the spring loaded blowby plate in case of backfires you don't have the spectacular launch of the blower  AKA NHRA....:driving:  Maybe you can contact some of these other supercharger manufactures about doing the same for you.  B&M sells a kit for Chev small block maybe you could cut that one and weld it on a Pontiac aluminum intake.  We can all keep an eye out for solutions, it's gonna be a long time before you finish the body, chassi, interior and start worrying about your engine upgrades.  :dancingpontiac:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Perhaps you can adapt one of these BDS Pontiac intake manifolds to a Whipple or Easton supercharger by building some sort of adaptor plate.

https://www.blowerdriveservice.com/BM-7007-400-455-PONTIAC-V8-671-871-UNPOLISHED-INTAKE-SATIN_p_281.html

image.png.b21c1332cbc83c1204e154eb9aa1a0fd.png

https://www.blowerdriveservice.com/BM-7007P-400-455-PONTIAC-V8-671-871-POLISHED-INTAKE_p_609.html

image.png.ab80bad063bdec2527604aba858036f0.png

Exactly what I'm talkin about.  The base for the B&M could be welded right to this or ANY manufactures aluminum intake.  Watch the swap meets.

• Like 1

Kiwi, not enough time to get in to it right now but a couple quick things! The 3800 that is in the Grand Prix (1997-2003) is a low profile supercharger that uses a thin lower manifold. So I would tell you that with the right mods you can do it. Also, those finned valve covers are somewhat rare & renewable.

• Like 2

Question for you guys . Are all Pontiac v8 the same port configuration ? As in , when I am looking for intake manifolds and exhaust manifolds for the 389 heads . Are other sizes the same ports and bolt ups ? 
I fitted the long branch cast iron headers to my 64 389 without even thinking about if they would fit ! 

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, SeriesIV said:

Hi 64 Kiwi Boni.

Not sure if you’ve seen this site but I’ve found it useful.

http://www.wallaceracing.com/index.html

wow, great web site thank you bob :cheers:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Kiwi - be a little more specific. Generally speaking all 326-455 Pontiac V8 heads are essentially the same head configuration. Exhaust ports can be round or D-shaped depending on the head casting number. All share the same bolt pattern and water passages. Some rare heads might be missing a bolt on the #1/#8 exhaust port, but if can be drilled and tapped if it is missing. So generally speaking a 400/455 head should bolt to your 389.

thank you Mate, that very much answers my question when hunting for intake manifolds :cheers:

• Like 2