Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1957 Chieftain restomod Build

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Kiwi

Congrats mate! This has been a long time coming to this point! 

I will say I am partial to the two-tone red and white combo. I’ve always like the traditional two-tone 50s cars. So if we are not going to call this car Clyde, then maybe we call it Ruby. Although Chief Clyde has an interesting ring to it too.

So is the car, overall, better or worse than what Chuck reported, in your opinion?

When does disassembly begin in earnest? Or are you going to drive it, as is, for awhile?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

Kiwi

Congrats mate! This has been a long time coming to this point! 

I will say I am partial to the two-tone red and white combo. I’ve always like the traditional two-tone 50s cars. So if we are not going to call this car Clyde, then maybe we call it Ruby. Although Chief Clyde has an interesting ring to it too.

So is the car, overall, better or worse than what Chuck reported, in your opinion?

When does disassembly begin in earnest? Or are you going to drive it, as is, for awhile?

thank you Frosty it has been a long process !!

Chucks report he did for me was very accurate  ! and i am pleased with how close to his report the car is !

over all and now that its running and driving, i feel i got a very good deal for what the car is !

There will be no work starting until the new year, at the earliest, i have an addition to finish, ground works to complete and all before the daughters wedding here at our home next March. AND i need to generate some cash to start collecting all the parts i need, which means more work hours! 

i feel honored to be able to save another Pontiac and this car deserves to live a new life, its so dam cool !!!:dancingpontiac: if i didnt buy it, it very well may have been crushed!!! and i am helping the environment buy reusing this car rather than it going to waste! :rofl: 

11 minutes ago, Last Indian said:

Way Cool Kiwi! That should keep you busy! 
I could give you some ideas on modding the steering wheel. 

How about the name Last Chieftain 😁 JustA crazy thought! I don’t know where it came from. 🤪

Thank you Last indian ! i will take you up on that offer, its such a pretty horn ring ! i justA have to reuse it, 

12 minutes ago, Last Indian said:

How about the name Last Chieftain

hmmmmm "Clyde the last chieftain" 🙄

• Haha 2

Chris, re the bonnet hinge, I have a used set that I purchased out of the US a couple of years ago to fix an issue mine had. I even restored one of them, before I found that mine were OK and it was just the springs. I just swapped over the used springs and all fixed. If you are interested let me know.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KiwiStarChief said:

Chris, re the bonnet hinge, I have a used set that I purchased out of the US a couple of years ago to fix an issue mine had. I even restored one of them, before I found that mine were OK and it was just the springs. I just swapped over the used springs and all fixed. If you are interested let me know.

Yes please Russel !

the drivers side one in my 57 the teeth are gone ! 

• Like 2

What the...I go to work for 7 days and he's bought ANOTHER car. What were the final words from your missus as she drove off into the sunset?

I like it - so stylish. Those old 50s cars look like they are hewn from a solid billet. I reckon you're gonna be waaaaaay busy from now on. Make sure she's still a goer when we turn up - I wanna be driven around the paddock in it!

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

What the...I go to work for 7 days and he's bought ANOTHER car. What were the final words from your missus as she drove off into the sunset?

I like it - so stylish. Those old 50s cars look like they are hewn from a solid billet. I reckon you're gonna be waaaaaay busy from now on. Make sure she's still a goer when we turn up - I wanna be driven around the paddock in it!

Now where the hell have you been mate ! 
don’t you have our favourite forum on your. Cell phone ? 
you missed all the fun 

of last Friday , me doing a road trip to Auckland and getting the 57 ! :rofl:

This was my super secret for the last god knows how many months !

• Haha 1

Bonnie  N Clyde

image.thumb.png.0e65ab890da72bf77bd1e8a2e8444adc.png

They’re romanticized; they’re reviled. But there’s no arguing with the fact that Bonnie and Clyde are the most famous criminal duo in American history. Everyone’s fascinated by the lives, the way they died, and even what happened to the Bonnie and Clyde car after they died! The intrepid researchers at Way.com started digging around, and this is what they came up with. 

Pop culture loves Bonnie and Clyde. There have been at least three movies, including one starring Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway and a Netflix movie. There have been numerous pop songs written about Bonnie and Clyde and countless series made.

THE END

image.png.2c3c7f7e9e9094570622294435dd80b8.png

• Like 2