Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1957 Chieftain restomod Build

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

I hope not - this is the Cadillac Ranch near Amarillo, Texas. No Pontiacs allowed!

That'll teach ya to jump in the middle of a post without a clue as to what being discussed. :rofl:

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Very cool. So was this done by a local bloke? Or did you have to send it to a professional shop somewhere?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Yeah, even easier than getting parts for an even fire V6! LOL!

If you only knew.....:stars:         Ol Bird had a 455 planted between the front tires at one time.  

• Haha 1

Next best WOW option...Sold the fresh built 455 for $2100.  Blower with machine work to align pulleys and BDS conversion to my intake was $3400,  but when finished, BDS had the spec's and I have the original.  Just got the fresh undercoated/painted gas tank in the garage as a freakin thunderstorm is blasting through. Your not alone Kiwi.

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

Next best WOW option...Sold the fresh built 455 for $2100.  Blower with machine work to align pulleys and BDS conversion to my intake was $3400,  but when finished, BDS had the spec's and I have the original.  Just got the fresh undercoated/painted gas tank in the garage as a freakin thunderstorm is blasting through. Your not alone Kiwi.

Oh ! The weather here has been crap for months now !! It just rains all the time !!!which makes it so hard to get anything done !!!

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

Very cool. So was this done by a local bloke? Or did you have to send it to a professional shop somewhere?

The whole original loom was taken to a very cleaver young guy at custom wiring solutions in Hamilton (for any kiwis looking to do a Ls conversation)

you can get a basic loom job for $800 and then add options like the mesh wrap you see here . Add a flash of the ecu for a preformance tune add extra wire for extra fans. Add extra to the loom for dash gauges .. I did the lot and it came to $1420.00 

Then I have only basic wiring to set the whole loom into the 57 … 

I am planning on sending the dash to Dakota digital  to do a custom set of dials retaining all that cool trim lay out .  

• Like 2

This will make it easy for things like the signal from the transmission for the Speedo . And their gauges are fully calibratable to things like the ls motors temp and oil sensors too 

• Like 2

On 7/15/2023 at 9:46 AM, KiwiStarChief said:

Ah. So it was you who won the $33m jackpot last week! Care to share?

I wish !!! But I  am pretty sure I wasn’t buying tickets in Christchurch !!:rofl:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni

• 5 months later...

As I have mentioned before this girl is waiting on my engineer to build his shed and then book me in to take the frame and  convert it to full c4 vett suspension …

still waiting !!!! 
I am going to go visit him and give him a nudge … as I have been waiting 2 years now .so watch this space …..

none the less … I gave the bonnet a quick sand with the scotch bright and wow ! That’s cool !! I had done my home work and knew the factory colour for this girl. But really didn’t think much about what was hiding under the oxide primer that someone had blown over her 

• Like 2

I haven’t had any time on the 63 or 57 as I have been setting up my bigger better hydroponics tunnel house that I built 

I been growing veg for the last 18 years with my little glasshouses with hydroponics , now I have gone next level . Due to the price of vegys ! Just crazy !

I refuse to pay $15 for a kg of tomatoes ! They should be $2 per kg !! … you can see my motivation !!!

IMG_2221.jpeg

FC82355A-4CF0-4B14-9885-993924F37BCC.jpeg

6B3C641B-145E-49EB-A49F-F7A076CA605E.jpeg

21CD0F25-B2E3-44FD-A524-537CF80C9E25.jpeg

• Like 2