Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

64 LeMans

On 12/5/2021 at 8:16 PM, 64 kiwi boni said:

now thats a good trick mate !!!👍

image.png.1f751e71d7c8cead9914daac5cf662bb.png

Funny, TV was on in the lunch room today when I walked in and they where showing a episode of garage squad working on a 64 GTO and having the same issue not being able to get the tank filler pipe out for the same reason as mine.

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Stopped by the auto parts store and got some fuel hose, bought the good stuff for fuel injection, two 3' Pieces $40, holy smokes.

Also got this cool kit with clamps, i don't like the hose clamps with holes in them so i decided to use the springy ones look like something the factory would use.

IMG_20211207_184224672.jpg

IMG_20211207_184153307.jpg

IMG_20211207_190105414.jpg

• Like 2

Been working on the heater box, had some pinholes at the bottom so JB weld to the rescue, to thin too weld and then coated the whole bottom with epoxy so hopefully it will be water resistant.

Have this sealing flange that goes on the inside by the side kick panel where the heater box connect to any ideas where to get a new seal for this? Also missing the strap that holds the heater box.

Heater core hold down, bought new ones but not the same, may have to make one, think the one's i got is for none ac car. The right two is the original one's.

IMG_20211207_192355228.jpg

IMG_20211207_192424159.jpg

IMG_20211207_192416944.jpg

IMG_20211207_192536620.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got a little bit done today, got the heater fan housing painted and the brake lines by the master finished and the 10 psi and proportioning valve installed, got done just before it started to rain.

Had this Ridgid tool for years to make brake line flares and it works so good.

IMG_20220115_180410476.jpg

IMG_20220115_175847198.jpg

IMG_20220115_180659692.jpg

Edited by Andy H
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Got the brakes bleed and of course they feel spongy, usually how it is when you have new brakes all the way around, got to put a few miles on and then we'll have to see.

IMG_20220122_145206_01 (1).jpg

• Like 1

Got some questions,is there supposed to be some kind of seal between the heater box and the defroster duct? AC manual show nothing and nothing in the parts catalogs.

According to my factory manual the heater hoses are supposed to go to the water pump and intake manifold at the front of the engine so i need to plug the holes in the head's and remove the fitting in one, does it matter if i use brass or steel plugs?

IMG_20220130_153730754.jpg

IMG_20220130_153823353.jpg

IMG_20220130_153948105.jpg

One more question, is there a way to know if the rocker arm stud's are pressed or treaded? Heads are #46 from a 69 428. If the studs are pressed I'm thinking about making some kind of spacer washer so the valves can be adjusted.

16435873590096147471692680004812.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fitzy said:

It looks like an airconditioned bra.

i would like to see that "live"😁

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2022 at 12:59 PM, Andy H said:

Got some questions,is there supposed to be some kind of seal between the heater box and the defroster duct? AC manual show nothing and nothing in the parts catalogs.

According to my factory manual the heater hoses are supposed to go to the water pump and intake manifold at the front of the engine so i need to plug the holes in the head's and remove the fitting in one, does it matter if i use brass or steel plugs?

IMG_20220130_153730754.jpg

IMG_20220130_153823353.jpg

IMG_20220130_153948105.jpg

One more question, is there a way to know if the rocker arm stud's are pressed or treaded? Heads are #46 from a 69 428. If the studs are pressed I'm thinking about making some kind of spacer washer so the valves can be adjusted.

16435873590096147471692680004812.jpg

i would use brass to plug them mate, i have know idea about the seal though🙄

if they are like chev i bet they are pressed in rockers studs , why would you need to have them adjustable ?

Pontiac used pressed in studs at the factory. If you are going to a high performance build, then you need to have them machined for a screw-in stud.

10 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

if they are like chev i bet they are pressed in rockers studs , why would you need to have them adjustable ?

You can simply run a hose from the intake to the water pump.   

Block has been decked, after market cam and non stock heads so it's s pretty good chance it won't be right I'll have to see when I put it together, think it can be made adjustable with poly locks and a shim or washer under the nut if needed         brass plugs are probably better just after a quick search steel seams to be easier to find locally.

Edited by Andy H
  • Like 1

Pontiac used pressed in studs at the factory. If you are going to a high performance build, then you need to have them machined for a screw-in stud.

The plan was to keep the current studs if they are pressed in should be ok for what I am doing but was hoping to make them somewhat adjustable.

yes Andy, justA has the simple fix, justA loop the heater out of the circuit 

Would probably work ok here in so cal🙂 in fact I'm thinking about installing some kind of heater valve that I can shut off in the summer.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

oh !!! that is so cool Andy!! well done mate!! i know where your coming from, with the stock look and big air intake 

i am impressed:cheers:

bit of paint and job done.... another box ticked off too.

i am sure these pontiac engine love to breath !!!

• Like 2

An ingenious solution - well done. I went the other way and broke down and paid the exorbitant ask for a chrome louvred one, but it looks so nice so it was worth it. I daresay it'll breathe better than the stock setup as well.

• Like 2