Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Don't EVER grow up!!!

JUSTA6

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Found this on YouTube. Saw many of these old Funny Cars at old Detroit Dragway as a kid. This brings back memories of my youth - many of my drag racing heroes in this video.

• Like 2

• Founders
8 hours ago, notallthere said:

My brother said that it was -29 C at his house in Calgary a week ago.  I am no longer bitching about the temperature here.

-20 F. Screw that.

Freezing Steve Martin GIF

• Haha 2

• Founders
1 hour ago, Frosty said:

At those temperatures, Ringo might have to put shoes and socks on! Assuming he owns any! :rofl:

real problem is finding pants. I don't wear anything but shorts these days :lol: 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

real problem is finding pants. I don't wear any these days :picard:

Careful Ringo.....it's really easy to be misquoted these days!!!! :rofl:

Or you've been hanging out with notallthere for way too long!!! 

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 1

The 1st GPS...............The 'Iter Avto', the 1930's version of a GPS. Developed by Touring Club Italiano, this device was more like a “map guidance tool” and came with a set of paper maps. It was tethered to the car’s speedometer that kept the scrolling of the map in proportion to the speed of the car.

image.png.197ca9c1e22b5a247d96a0bd9d674b25.png

A gas station on Brovarsky Prospect in Kyiv, Ukraine, 1979

image.png.7ac75d901e7a13031adbf96f0a23e50f.png

A woman standing in the doorway of an RV Camper at an exhibition in London, 1927. It was also called the "Road Yacht."

image.png.ee00508ecd8e4f5fe355996eb68d7b75.png

Military bomber planes fly past Mount Vesuvius in Italy as lava and ash spurts from the top of the volcano. 

The devastating eruption ravaged the village of San Sebastiano and San Giorg in March 1944 and killed 57 people. Meanwhile, the Allied forces were battling for supremacy in the skies.

image.png.6c826b2d2838a0689d0afb1073e2d668.png

Philadelphia Electric Co. street light maintenance vehicle, 1910

image.thumb.png.1c8cf5113a9317546708ba7bc9463657.png

The 1958 'Sir Vival.' Designed by Walter C. Jerome of Worcester, this unique two-section vehicle was made to protect its driver and three passengers from death or injury on the highway. 

The designer believed that, in case of a collision, the engine compartment would take most of the brunt and leave the passengers safe. Its standout features included a two-piece engine and cab, along with a driver turret. Unfortunately, only one Sir Vival was ever made, and it remains in the care of Bellingham Auto Sales in Bellingham, Massachusetts, even today!

image.png.b119cce489c13b615fc8d943cebfbca8.png

A Native American chief at the Canadian Rockies, 1938

image.png.b4faf22be577911116729b175065adcb.png

• Like 2