Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Don't EVER grow up!!!

JUSTA6

Fitzy - gas prices here in Michigan are $3.36 a US gallon at the moment. California just hit $4.74 a gallon. Even before the whole Russia-Ukraine thing hitting the fan, gas was expected to top out around $4/gallon this spring for us in the Midwest. I suspect we will get there a lot sooner now.

• Like 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

7 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Fuel in Oz is now about AU$1.80 a litre. There's about 4 of our litres to a US gallon, so that's about AU$7.20 a gallon, about US$5.04.  How does that compare to what you're paying in the US?

Under Trump we became self sufficient (producing what we need) keeping our prices to justa over $2.00 per gallon.  Biden steps in closes down many wells, production and gave away thousands of oil production jobs.  Canada offered to pick up the slack and sell us oil.  Biden flipped them off and made a deal with Saudi Arabia AND freakin Russia.  Stupid Americans, we are not going to up our productions and within 3 mo's  our fuel prices doubled.  Now go piss off Russia.  And we are already over $5.00 per gallon (setting new records in California)  Biden has destroyed our economy, nose 1st into the ground just like a plane crash, prices go up on everything because it cost more to get to you.  Biden Already offended Canada so they will stick it to us if we have to fall back on them.  Because you didn't like his tweets........... WTF

image.pngimage.png.9b4d971d8f9b7de348261b1268410621.png

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Fitzy said:

So US gas prices are almost on a par with Oz - unheard of. I'm sure our current extortionate price will go up as the weeks pass. The thing is, they can charge whatever they want. No matter what the vegan leftist femiNazis want to tell you: the world STILL runs on oil and it's retail price is reflected in every item you purchase and every service you use. Yes, we'd all love to run about with no clothes on with flowers in our hair (note to self: must get some hair) chugging down soy bean smoothies and cycling about, but it ain't gonna happen yet. A controlled, measured sensible response is required, so I guess we're doomed. Burn up whatever gas is still around: these are the good ol' days, right now.

image.png.49063cf959fe47ca65653db937e39d02.png

• Haha 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as a fan of one hit wonders I reckon Boston was indeed one of those wonders and More Than A Feeling was their one & only hit. I have that song on my personal music collection because it's one of those songs where everything was done right. Another US one hit wonder was Toto with Africa - again, a great song where everything was done perfectly.

My Sharona? Don't get me started - I got plenty to share.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as a fan of one hit wonders I reckon Boston was indeed one of those wonders and More Than A Feeling was their one & only hit. I have that song on my personal music collection because it's one of those songs where everything was done right. Another US one hit wonder was Toto with Africa - again, a great song where everything was done perfectly.

My Sharona? Don't get me started - I got plenty to share.

Spent the 70's with your head in the sand eh? Boston, one hit wonder?

• Haha 1

I'm bored? Well, duh.

It's now 3pm here - I have finished every little job that I can physically do (without tearing myself a hole in my arm) and am wondering if I'll be punished by whatever gods exist if I have a beer now. Should I risk it? Damn straight, I should.

14 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

I'm bored? Well, duh.

It's now 3pm here - I have finished every little job that I can physically do (without tearing myself a hole in my arm) and am wondering if I'll be punished by whatever gods exist if I have a beer now. Should I risk it? Damn straight, I should.

if it makes ya feel better i had my first beer on saturday at 11 am!!! 

we went to a 1 year olds birthday party 2 hours drive away:cheers:.... had 2 beers over 4 hours and that was soooo much fun !!! 🙄

If I had gone to a one year old's party I also would have had a beer. In fact SHE would have driven and I would have had several if just to quell the racket that a bunch of kids can make. You did the right thing, though. You turned up, were polite, drank sensibly and then escaped.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

If I had gone to a one year old's party I also would have had a beer. In fact SHE would have driven and I would have had several if just to quell the racket that a bunch of kids can make. You did the right thing, though. You turned up, were polite, drank sensibly and then escaped.

yip yip yip as big AL would have said ! haahha 

having said that ... i would not let the boss drive the hellcat, she is bad enough driving her mini.... in the last 3 years she has hit 3 pot holes and lost 4 tires.... then!!! and this does .......

well lets justA say it disappoints me..

i find a rotten bit of god know what fruit of some thing under the seat in the hellcat, completely decayed and fused to the carpet!!!  

i bite my tongue and say nothing.... why because i love her! 🙄 

Edited by 64 kiwi boni

Wow - you let her eat something in that car? My daily driver is only a Subaru but even I don't allow myself to eat in the car! 

I absolutely HATE the way my missus (or anyone) insists on slamming the door shut. Having to slam the doors shut went out in the 60s - even my GP doors close without any effort. But...when she gets in my car, I sit there and brace myself. Sure enough, she slams her door shut enough to rock the car. I bite my lip because I know what'll happen if I say anything. She's making pizza tonight from scratch, so not a word.

On 2/26/2022 at 10:33 AM, JUSTA6 said:

image.thumb.png.e58ba2a20d20f3dc86fcc559d9afcce9.png

:picard:

Talk about hiding in plain sight!!!!  Like the Geico commercial says "Everybody knows that!".

I've been a Boston fan since the 70s. I have all their albums.

14 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Your bored mate !!! :rofl:

We all know that's true...and perhaps way low on beer!

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Story of the Haircut

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.  

One day a florist went to a barber for a haircut. After the cut, he asked about his bill, and the barber replied, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week’ The florist was pleased and left the shop.

When the barber went to open his shop the next morning, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.

Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week.’ The cop was happy and left the shop.

The next morning when the barber went to open up, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

Then a politician came in for a haircut, and when he went to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.’ The politician was very happy and left the shop.

The next morning, when the barber went to open up, there were a dozen politicians lined up waiting for a free haircut.

And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the citizens of our country and the politicians who run it.

As Ronald Reagan said: "Both politicians and diapers need to be changed often and for the same reason.”

• Like 2

Now ain't that the truth. That's a good little story. I have to admit that I was impressed when Trump said that he was going to "drain the swamp" in Washington. I'm not sure how far he got, but every country on the planet needs to drain their swamp on a federally mandated basis. My idea of drainage is to line them up against a wall and...well, you know what I mean.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Now ain't that the truth. That's a good little story. I have to admit that I was impressed when Trump said that he was going to "drain the swamp" in Washington. I'm not sure how far he got, but every country on the planet needs to drain their swamp on a federally mandated basis. My idea of drainage is to line them up against a wall and...well, you know what I mean.

It's called "a good start".

Career politicians make a career for themselves and seldom succeed in helping their constituents thrive.