Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

95naSTA's Bonneville Progression

Here's the updated to-do list:

2011-07-27%252008.21.10.jpg

Everything with an x next to it needs to be done before I start it up and take it for a spin.

Depending on airplane sleep, I should make some decent progress tomorrow.

I did make a new bin for start up, and ordered 245/45 and 275/40 Falken 452s for the 9/10" RSes plus a Haltech dual wideband kit while I was away.

I'm just going to throw the WB gauge in a single gauge cup on the column like this. I want to keep the interior as clean/oem+ looking as possible. The novelty of a pillar pod definitely wears off..

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Lol.

Today (I guess yesterday now but w/e) kinda sucked. I got shitsleep on the plane so I opted for real sleep when I got home. When I woke up it was raining.. I did get some stuff done anyway though.

-The tires came today so they got mounted and balanced on the new set of wheels and put on the car

-Installed trans tailshaft to engine bracket (still have to run bolt through header support)

-Installed adjustable rear dogbone mount and it fit perfectly

-Spent about an hour looking for one front wheel adapter (found it)

-Figured out I don't need to shave down the studs for the adapters up front

-Spent the last few hours looking for the counter sunk nuts I bought for the adapters (found them)

It sucks leaving for a couple weeks and forgetting where stuff is.. The mental inventory is updated and a little more organized..

The 275s on a 10" look nasty out back. They fit real good too. I'll try to get pics of that soon.

I got the new rotors and pads on yesterday so the brakes are ready to bleed.

The adapters look like they'll work good offset wise wone I get the front end assembled and camber/toe dialed in.

I lost the pump to cooler p/s line and the o-ring for the rack to pump line but the rack to cooler line is hooked up.

The fuel lines are cut and fitted. I just need one more 45..

Here are some pics:

IMG_1430.JPG

IMG_1431.JPG

IMG_1432.JPG

IMG_1433.JPG

IMG_1434.JPG

IMG_1436.JPG

IMG_1437s.jpg

I bow down in your presence, sir. That second-to-last picture is my favourite, the wheels look great under the arches!

' date='Jul 31 2011, 06:36 PM' post='57752']

The amount of win continues to grow.

^^^ THIS!!!

Awesome progress! :D

I think this may be a shoe in "Pontiac of the year" when we do the vote off at the end of the year of all the POTM winners. :D

I'm glad you guys are diggin it. :)

To do a mini recap, I had polished the valve covers and alternator housings and had them powdercoated clear. Bad idea. They oxidized pretty bad under the clear. Polishing takes a massive amount of time and although it killed me to do it, I outsourced having them re-polished. The time was just not there to spend on the parts. I also had a couple pullies chromed while I was at it. I went with a guy well known in the 3800 community, Jason Farnsworth. Here are some teaser pics he sent me:

PS_pump.jpg

valve_covers.jpg

alternator.jpg

Getting closer..

The new p/s pump is in, lines are hooked up and fluid added.

Both coolers/lines are ran, hooked up, and fluid added to the coolers

All the suspension bolts are tight, ball joints and tie rods are greased.

Engine harness is on for the most part. I still need to plug in the oil level sensor, hook the rear ground up, and solder in the rear knock sensor wire.

I died a little bit inside putting the dirty non-tucked harness on..

A/C lines are all hooked up.

Added trans fluid/oil/coolant.

I put 2.5 gallons in the rad before it filled up. :shock:

I also died a little inside putting a rusty pinch clamp on the thermostat housing. (bought a new clamp today)

New to do list before I turn it over and try to move it:

-oil dip stick

-plug wires

-finish installing engine harness

-ball joint cotter pins

-purge feed fuel line and hook up feed/return

-find other x-over v-band and install (was in my hand thurs.. fml)

-hook up vac crap

-install at least one fan (need to extend wires)

-tighten STB bolts

-temporarily hook up electric water pump

-make trans vac modulator holder thing till I get to JY

-tighten engine mount bolts

The goal is to at least start it before I leave for JDM land Sunday. I'm sick, on the Zpack as of today, and have something planned for every day of the week after work till then.. except for tomorrow. lol.

Pics right before the sky opened up Saturday:

IMG_5856.JPG

IMG_5858.JPG

IMG_5859.JPG

IMG_5860.JPG

IMG_5861.JPG

I'll worry about the polished VCs and alt after it's running ok and I re-do the engine harness.

Why couldent you tuck the harness?

I plan to, just after I know the engine runs right. It's just one less variable for the initial start up and break in.