Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Fitzy's GP is back!

Thanks, mate. It's Issue 478, May. There's a white VC Valiant on the cover. My article is at the back just before the Car Club listings. It's now been superseded by the current issue, but your friendly local newsagent may have some old copies.

The Pontiac enamelled metal sign is a repro (made in China!) but they have done a great job on the rusty patina. I reckon I'll be waiting a while before the Taupo RCC sign starts to rust.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Thanks guys. I'm a bit chuffed about it. Just when we were all sick of looking at my car all of a sudden it's in a magazine. You know, I wrote the article and I remember asking the editor to not name specifically where I live - just call it far north Queensland, so what does he do - he names where I live and where the car resides. Great, now I gotta sleep with one ear listening to people trying to steal the car in the middle of the night. If they manage to start it, I'll certainly hear it - it's pretty loud.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was told between $30 & 50k to paint the car. I'm about to buy a can of paint from the hardware store and some brushes.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Fitzy said:

I was told between $30 & 50k to paint the car. I'm about to buy a can of paint from the hardware store and some brushes.

No way !! What a rip off ! 
clearly they are busy and don’t need the work ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay - I'm about to post 2 things. If you're easily offended then skip the next post. If Ringo removes them, I'll understand but we're all adults, right?

Clearly, I have nothing Pontiac related to post so I'm posting a coupla gags. Here goes nothing...

20230705_165537.jpg

20230705_165517.jpg

• Like 1

What lake?

Wh-What was the question again? I hear a lot of screaming!

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 1

Yep - you need beer goggles. You still won't see the lake but that's the point!

GP gets out on the road about once a fortnight these days. Still runs fine...still got crappy paint...

I officially gave notice at work the other day. My tentative LAST DAY of fulltime work will be August 1. I say tentative because I offered them 24 hours a week if they need me. 24 hours is 2 days up there: more than enough to live on for me. At least then I can chuck some gas in the GP and take it out more often. I'll let you know what happens.

• Like 1

Beer googles!? Why didn't I think of that? Although I'm not sure it would help me find this mysterious lake you keeping talking about.

Fitzy best of luck with your change from full time to part time. My time is coming pretty soon too.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Yep - you need beer goggles. You still won't see the lake but that's the point!

GP gets out on the road about once a fortnight these days. Still runs fine...still got crappy paint...

I officially gave notice at work the other day. My tentative LAST DAY of fulltime work will be August 1. I say tentative because I offered them 24 hours a week if they need me. 24 hours is 2 days up there: more than enough to live on for me. At least then I can chuck some gas in the GP and take it out more often. I'll let you know what happens.

good on you mate:cheers:, next chapter in your life mate👍

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I hate breaking promises and I did pledge to all that I would do it, but it's well used character has me by the goolies. Tragically committed to crappy paint.

• Haha 2