Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Fitzy's GP is back!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• 2 weeks later...

Bloody rain! This is supposed to be the dry part of the year in these parts - today the rain was almost biblical. As a result the GP keeps looking at me wondering when we're going to go somewhere. We're not - not in the rain, anyway.

The GT Mow was playing up so I got it into the workshop, put some music on and  gave it a birthday and adjusted a few things, a squirt of oil here, a little emery there and now it goes like a stock car. Happy wet days.

• Haha 2

• Founders
5 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Bloody rain! This is supposed to be the dry part of the year in these parts

Odd because we're in our "wet" season that you should be able to set your watch to the rain every day but none.

sand dust GIF by Justin Timberlake

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Odd because we're in our "wet" season that you should be able to set your watch to the rain every day but none.

sand dust GIF by Justin Timberlake

Yes ringo ! 
I remember when we were in Orlando … 4 pm rain … weird how it does that ! :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Clearly the weather isn't the reliable phenomenon that we all once knew.  I remember breaking the ice on puddles as a kid growing up in Melbourne. Try that now and all you'll get is a wet, sore foot. Greece & Italy are in flames - they're not used to it but that's an annual occurrence here. The government's reaction will be to exclude certain areas where you can drive your ICE vehicle - there will be 'electric only' zones. I believe that in certain European cities, diesel vehicles are now excluded from inner urban centres. Interesting times ahead.

On 8/3/2023 at 3:45 PM, 64 kiwi boni said:

but with a dual master, those front slave cylinders are getting pressure first and that makes for better controlled braking !

Hey Kiwi, when you plumb the dual master in, do they split the braking into 2 triangles like a factory system, so that in the event of failure, you'll always have 3 braked wheels, or do they split it fore & aft? Your comment makes me think that the fronts & rears become separate.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Yes mate . The master cylinder we have only have front and rear ports so if you lose one corner you will lose that other wheel too . But you will still have two wheels braking ! At the moment if we lose one we lose all !!!!!

But ! The cool part of the dual system is the front brakes will come in first !

provinding better and more efficient braking :cheers:

On my hq I have good old Ozy Pbr master cylinder and they have 3 ports 1 for each front wheel and 1 for rear !

I used those pbrs on all my tri fives … 7/8 and inch ones and they work bloody great !!
Pretty sure both ford and Holden used them right through the 80 90 and 00 

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Yeah, yeah I get it. 'Wood' doesn't carry the same connotation here as in the US. If I was going to, ahem 'touch wood' I certainly wouldn't be broadcasting it here! I did however drag my knuckles across some timber so as to maintain my current run of luck. My birthday today, so got taken to Brisbane (1500km south of home) and we will fluff about here for a few days, eating & drinking too much. Surely, that's what birthdays are for?

Happy Birthday!!  Hope you have a great time N better weather.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2023 at 6:45 AM, Fitzy said:

We had a tremendous meal at a Middle Eastern restaurant - just fabulous. Anyway, whilst walking back to our hotel, I saw this sign. Now, I don't care what sort of trouble Wrongway has gotten himself into, but don't listen to them, mate. You stay right where you are - we're all behind you and shall stand with you. You're not going anywhere. Your friends at FP will fight to keep you where you are.

20230806_203942.jpg

Love that sign! But I'm here to stay! :cheers:

• Haha 2

On 8/6/2023 at 1:38 AM, 64 kiwi boni said:

happy birthday mate :cheers:

now... birthday pressy..... YOUR in brissy, sea food !!! OYSTERS KING PRAWNS SCOLLOPS ! :drool:

then  day two .... steak!!! nice marbley scotch fillet with pepper corn sause with a side of skin on twice cooked wedges lots of garlic butter !... oh and a salad and beers :drool:

day three,,,, pizza ! chips n beers ,,... num num !! . 

day four ,,,, indian green curry... medium heat, with a side of nahn bread and beers 

day five ... thai wagu steak with soy sauce , wong tongs and stick the rice up ya bum and beers  ! 

day 6 ... refer to the top menu !!.... dont forget the beers !!! its your birthday !!! woop woop 

happy birthday mate :cheers:

You've celebrated your birthday here before Chris I can tell. 😎:cheers:

• Haha 2