Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Fitzy's GP is back!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Thanks Andy - I thought I could replace the lifters without head removal but couldn't remember.

My heads must be 65s but no guide plates present. I have asked Butler and they need to know what casting #s they are, so I'll do that next week.

If anyone's interested, I found a snippet of info that might explain what's going on with lifters. Mine were Melling but I still don't know what can actually go wrong with one, except for oil hole blockage.

Screenshot_20230923-152127_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Fitzy
  • Like 2

New rockers came with a nut I haven't seen before - it looks like I was test fitting it upside down. Anyway, I believe it to be a self locking feature. I asked Comp Cams to be sure. Cannot use the 20 lb factory method - gotta use the pushrod drag method.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Andy H said:

Good luck with your skin problem, its good to stay on top of these problems.

mate !what wrong with your lizard ozzy skin?????Hands Lizard GIF by MOODMAN

looks fine to meeeeee:rofl:

and i laugh ! because i have had psoriasis since i was 21 ! head to toe for the first few year!

• Haha 2

Yeah, well my mother had nice olive skin and my father had white Irish/Scottish skin. Guess which one I inherited? Decades of sun worship have come to this - I have at least 3 spots to be cut out and about 10 minor ones to be treated with a special cream. It's the price you pay for growing up in Australia thru the 70s & 80s when nobody knew about sun induced skin cancer.

• Sad 3

10 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Yeah, well my mother had nice olive skin and my father had white Irish/Scottish skin. Guess which one I inherited? Decades of sun worship have come to this - I have at least 3 spots to be cut out and about 10 minor ones to be treated with a special cream. It's the price you pay for growing up in Australia thru the 70s & 80s when nobody knew about sun induced skin cancer.

Ah ! thats the differance now mate ! they can id the nasty ones and deal to them before they kill you !!!

• Like 2

On 9/28/2023 at 4:07 AM, Fitzy said:

19 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Ah ! thats the differance now mate ! they can id the nasty ones and deal to them before they kill you !!!

12 hours ago, Fitzy said:

I can't die yet - gotta fix the car first!

Tell all of that to Jimmy Buffett! LOL!

• Haha 2

This is nothing GP related, neither Pontiac related and especially not lifter related!

New Zealand has introduced a road tax for EV owners: from memory it's 7c a km. Doesn't sound like much, but every 100km (60 miles) that's $7. It's because the uptake of EVs has been so prolific that the government is missing out on fuel excise! So anyone who wants to reduce their petrol bill by driving an EV is now slugged with a road tax. Victoria (here in Oz) has done the same thing and it's only a matter of time before the rest of the country follows suit. Of course, as EV numbers grow, petrol will become a luxury and the price will go through the roof. Diesel passenger cars have become most unpopular due to their apparent 'dirty' status and you just know the vegetarian leftie greenies are gonna lobby to get old clunkers (our cars) off the roads. Just something to ponder.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 3