Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Fitzy's GP is back!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

If there done right, there's nothing wrong with a wrap Fitzy and you always have the option of pulling it off and rewrapping it or painting it another color. I'm justa not a huge fan of them. I like looking at the paint on classic cars and seeing how its aging. Thats justa me brother but wrapping will also save you some money. Youre still looking at doing her the factory red? (with metal flake :lol:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i had my local shop price wrap for my bumpers, it was 1200 bucks justA for them!!! it would be interesting to know how much for a WHOLE wide tracker !!!

You would not get the nice shine that a paint job gives too! 

• Like 2

I'm with Frosty, I can supervise the sh*t out of a job :rofl: That said, if you were doing something like Frosty is talking about, I could see going with a wrap. The graphics involved in any off those 3 or something along those lines would cost way more than the $2500 he was quoted. Honestly bro, justa my paint, not including primer, clear, reducers or anything else is more than the price of Frosty's wrap. But again, you're going with a one color paint job and you're doing all the prep. You're going to save a lot of money and she'll look awesome bro. I can't wait to see her!!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from 8 days on the Rock, so am now once again catching up. Took the GP out and it ran beautifully for it's entire 20 mile test drive. To show my appreciation I gave it a waterless car wash and chucked some wax on it.

You know what? I can't help it - I LOVE it's old warhorse paint with all it's little shopping centre dings and imperfections. I really don't want to paint it. I feel as if I'd be creating a fake persona - a bit like me putting makeup on. What's the point of covering up a lifetime of experiences with some filler & paint? It looks honest and nicely used in it's current state.

Looks like some more 3am decisions comin' up.

• Haha 2

You know, I was waiting for a comment from Wrongway. One minute I want paint, the next I don't. Worse than a woman trying to choose a dress.

The conundrum is that I feel the car deserves nice paint but I love it's current 'honesty.' I suppose the other thorn in my side is that nice paint means everything else has to be right, so rechromed front bumper and new weatherseals all around as a start. I have spent so much up to this point, I think I need to step back and 'drive the shit out of it' as Kiwi suggested, in it's current state. If a 'new paint epiphany' occurs in the future, I'll know it was meant to be.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fitzy said:

You know, I was waiting for a comment from Wrongway. One minute I want paint, the next I don't. Worse than a woman trying to choose a dress.

The conundrum is that I feel the car deserves nice paint but I love it's current 'honesty.' I suppose the other thorn in my side is that nice paint means everything else has to be right, so rechromed front bumper and new weatherseals all around as a start. I have spent so much up to this point, I think I need to step back and 'drive the shit out of it' as Kiwi suggested, in it's current state. If a 'new paint epiphany' occurs in the future, I'll know it was meant to be.

I will drink to that !!! :cheers:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...