Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Fitzy's GP is back!

4 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Apparently there are some cars on this site too. Once I tear my eyes away from her...um, eyes I'll check them out. The cars, I mean. Large, voluptuous, pneumatic cars.

Oh god !! theres that word !!! voluptuous ... thats right up there with MOIST !!!:rofl:

Fitzy !!! seee !!! i warned you about driving that bloody Prius !! it fried you man !!

• Haha 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

6 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Okay I give up. What is Hudsons? I googled it and came up with a Canadian pub but that's all.

I reckon after a few brewskies at Hooters, some bacon at Tony's and we do whatever is waiting for us at Hudsons, it'll be time for a good lie down, maybe permanently.

Gawd I'm laughing my butt off mate! :rofl:

Hudson (as in the Hudson Hornet) is one of many defunct automobile manufacturers from Michigan, along with Nash, Oldsmobile, Packard, Graham, Marquette, Viking, Oakland, Cartercar, LaSalle, Kaiser, Tucker, Plymouth, DeSoto, Eagle, DuPont, Flint, White, Rapid, Reliant, REO, and of course, Pontiac.

J.L. Hudsons Company was a huge retail department store chain based in Detroit when I was a kid. They were bought out and are now known as either Target or Marshalls.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I see. I know what a Hudson car is but for the life of me are you really going to take me to Target? Just leave me propped up on a stool at Hooters and I'll have a mouthful of whatever is put in front of me.

Today, it has rained and rained.......and rained. I shuffled about and did a few little jobs but had actually run out of things to do by 2pm. The GP is clean inside & out, everything else is working as it should so I sat down and had a beer. What a lovely, relaxing day. Perhaps it's a peep into what retirement might be like but of course I'll have to be strict about what time beer o'clock occurs. 9am? That's fair, isn't it?

Accelerator & brake pedal stainless trims are in transit somewhere, probably just behind the dark side of the Moon. They are the last frilly little bits of bling that the car needs. Oh, I forgot to mention that I ordered a new distributor from Rockauto (a Cardone product.) I kept thinking about what almost 60 years of wear might do to the lobes on a dizzy. Once installed, the only piece of the engine that hasn't been replaced will be the alternator. Cheers!:cheers:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Tony's may have bacon, but do they gots rain? Look at our backyard! Who doesn't love an ocean view, but not when it's about to come into the house.

The rain last night was biblical. Can someone get Moses over here ASAP? we may need to part some water pretty soon.

20230306_082830.jpg

20230306_082837.jpg

• Sad 3

wheres your pet crocodile ? every lake has to have a pet croc !..

seriously, the rain your getting, parts of new Zealand have had too, most of the upper to mid east of the north island was smashed by Cyclone Gabrielle, roads gone, whole comunities washed away. 

You know the main highway that you came out to my place on.... that used to take you to Napier.... totally smashed and wont be fixed for months

i read that some areas ( eskdale) had rain fall in excess of a metre per hour, thats near 40 inches 

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, Frosty said:

Yikes - how much rain have you had recently Fitzy. I know you said it's been raining a lot. Just how much so?

You know Frosty, only about 150mm (6".) That's not a lot, but it's only part of the picture. Where we live it's hilly and the terrain is interspersed with hundreds of creeks & streams. All that water funnels down to the creek that defines our rear boundary. If the creek can't clear itself quickly enough, the water backs up. All it takes is a fallen log and I'll bet there are dozens of them in there.

Having said that, when it rains here, the water can hardly fall out of the sky quickly enough. With that intensity, it filled our front dam which then spilled over and fed into the creek! Fortunately, the creek drained almost as quickly as it filled so we're back to grass again.

A few years ago, we had a 'once in a hundred years' rain event. It rained so much that the creek backed up and water went through the house. We were having lunch somewhere in Italy when I got the text. I ordered another bottle of wine. What else could we do? The water drained quickly and no damage was done - just a bit of mud to clean up which was thankfully taken care for us before we got home.

And now we're back to normal.

20230307_090744.jpg

20230307_090801.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

And this is what a broken down Pontiac looks like. Honestly, when does this shit stop? Came home from work, bright sunny day, great time to take the car out and see how the new dizzy performs. I get out on the highway and she just purrs. About 10 mins into the trip I can feel some slight stumbling & hesitating. A few minutes after that, it's becoming undriveable. I decide I gotta turn around so pick my spot and as I'm making the turn, it dies. Fortunately, it's momentum gets me off the road and parked safely. Engine will fire up, but runs for a coupla seconds then dies. I have no idea. I'm over it. Never have I encountered so many niggling little issues with a car before. Called a tow truck and car is now in the hands of a mechanic. Whatever. I got loads to do this 7 days off so I don't care if the damn car sits there all week.

Anybody want a slightly used GP? Will swap for a Corolla. Perhaps I need to find a hobby I'm good at. Guzzling beer isn't exactly a hobby, but I am pretty good at it.

20230315_170934.jpg

• Sad 3