Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Forever a Pontiac Fanatic!

Hello Forever Pontiac! My name is Sadie, I'm a 21 year old college student who has been in love with Pontiac since being in the womb. :lol2: My grandfather worked for Pontiac, and my great-grandfather was Executive VP of GM, so Pontiac is in my blood! (And I was born in Pontiac, MI, so I think it's my fate!)

I live in Stevens Point WI with my awesome roommate Mark (snowblindburd on here). We are members of the WI GM-Tuners car club.

On to the good stuff!

I have two Pontiacs of my own, though between my dad and I we have a collection going.

My first car was my yellow 88 Fiero. I got her when I was 12. A few weeks ago I bought a 2.2 Ecotec to swap in to replace her 136xxx mile original Duke engine. Otherwise she has pretty basic modifications, like painted black GT wheels and stainless steel brake/clutch lines throughout.

These pictures are from the Fiero 25th Anniversary show in Pontiac, MI two summers ago:

DSCN1910.jpg

FieroDay3005.jpg

This is my other baby, my 05 Sunfire. Also basic mods done (lowered, 95-99 GT rims, sound system), with plenty more in the future!

Cabin238.jpg

DSCN1447.jpg

My dad also has a red 88 Fiero GT, a burgundy 86 Fiero GT that survived a flood, a 77 Can Am, an 03 Aztek, and an pearly white 05 Bonneville GXP.

I'm proud to be part of the Pontiac Family!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the Tribe!!!! :lol2:

I love the cars and that your family is all Pontiac people! :lol2:

• Founders

Welcome to Forever Pontiac!!!

Nice cars!! Good collection to have going too!! Fiero's are really nice! I've wanted one for a while now too, I've actually helped build an '88 (I think on the year) Toyota MR2 which is not entirely similar but close (similar enough that I know the sizes), sad to of found out that the owner totaled it recently :lol2:

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments! :agreed:

I'm a little beyond Pontiac Obsessed, I think. Haha!

I definitely love both of my cars, which are great fun to drive in their respective ways. The Fiero is a BLAST to drive and always gets tons of looks and questions. The Sunfire is great because she's so smooth and quiet. A perfect daily driver.

... why drop a V8 or a V6 in the Fiero when you can drop in a supercharged 4 cylinder! I have a 2.2 Ecotec that I'm rebuilding and supercharging to toss in. It will be a long project but totally worth it once it's done!

In the future mods department, for the Sunfire I'm swapping in some rear disc brakes and upgrading to 12" rotors in the front with Wilwood calipers. I'm doing some work with tinting taillights and turn signals, painting the grille, and hopefully upgrading to HID's in the headlights as well. I also want to relocate the ECU to under the cowl to free up some space and clean up the engine bay. Then I'll put in my strut braces and sooner rather than later I'll also be swapping in my RK sport sway bars.

For the Fiero, of course I have the engine swap planned. That's my major focus at the moment, though I do have some fiberglass scoops to install on the side panels behind the doors, and would like to get those painted and repaint the majority of the car. I also have to fix one of the headlight motors, so I am looking into upgrading the headlights and installing a kit where they only raise up halfway, to give her a slicker, meaner appearance.

Boosted L61 power? Hmm, still a good choice. The J-body will look slick once you're done. I recommend 6000K HIDs, it's the perfect temp. As for the Fiero...sleepy eyes? Come on... You don't drive a 240SX. Wanna be different? Do a total headlight swap. Ditch the hidden style, for fixed ones. Then run projectors, so you can run HIDs with that. I've seen a few different cars with the retro-fit, but no Fieros, way better alternative IMO. Leave the sleepy eye look to the JDM folks.

smpp5.jpg

The owner of this car manufactures and sells kits for this sort of headlight conversion. I think it's pretty neat, though I'm researching other options before I get committed. I like the stock appearance which is why I'm not looking to put a fixed headlight in. We'll see what happens, my dad and I have the 86 to mess around with too!

The owner of this car manufactures and sells kits for this sort of headlight conversion. I think it's pretty neat, though I'm researching other options before I get committed. I like the stock appearance which is why I'm not looking to put a fixed headlight in.

Funny you mention this. I was just researching how to do something similar for a friend's 88 MR2 (which uses the same sealed beam headlamps as the Fiero). There's conversion kits out there, which use the same look as the sealed beam, but allow normal bulbs to be put in. In theory, you could buy one of these conversion kits and an HID Kit and be set ... I also ran into some conversion kits that were also HID kits.

Link to Hella's conversion kit on Amazon. You can scroll to the bottom and see related items. I think there's a couple on there made by Pilot. And then some other Amazon vendors. I'm sure there's more out there, I just haven't looked much past the stuff I found on Amazon.

Funny you mention this. I was just researching how to do something similar for a friend's 88 MR2 (which uses the same sealed beam headlamps as the Fiero). There's conversion kits out there, which use the same look as the sealed beam, but allow normal bulbs to be put in. In theory, you could buy one of these conversion kits and an HID Kit and be set ... I also ran into some conversion kits that were also HID kits.

Link to Hella's conversion kit on Amazon. You can scroll to the bottom and see related items. I think there's a couple on there made by Pilot. And then some other Amazon vendors. I'm sure there's more out there, I just haven't looked much past the stuff I found on Amazon.

It's been done before. My buddies with Jeep Cherokees do this, the converstion from bulb type 6054 (sealed units) to the new clear housings that use either 9003 or 9007 bulbs and use a plug and play HID kit.

This is a nice alternative to the sleepy eye look.