Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1963 bonneville Safari rebuild

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

17 minutes ago, Wrongway said:

Congrats bro! I love it! Super glad you were able to get her. Do I see his and hers Bonnivilles in the future? :lol: Can't wait to see what direction this build goes bro. 

sure is mate. this ones for the boss and its going to be red as per her request... she has also set the budget, which will dictate how far into it i go, but i see nothing major to do, justA panel and paint. engine and trans set of wheels.

• Like 2

Hmmmmm, air bags, set her on the ground. BIG blower sticking out the hood and a ton of red metal flake and kandy! :rofl:

So seriously, any thoughts on motor/trans yet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Wrongway said:

Now that sounds like a good plan Kiwi. 

I'm not sure about the spindles bro, looks like I will be doing the brake conversion in a few weeks. I can get you any pics and measurements that you need at that time if it helps.

i justA looked at a impala front end on the web, and they are different, steering arms are the first thing i spotted !! chev has them at the front . Ponti at the back of the spindles 

what i do know is the spindle its self are the diameters, as the 63 has chev hubs on it !! so innner and out bearings are the same !!!

• Like 1

Chris, you are a glutton for punishment for sure. I would have thought you had enough on your plate with the '57, but obviously not.

I also hadn't seen this, as I was at the Ellerslie Car Show on Sunday displaying with the club, so it's great to catch up with the news.

P1150492a.jpg.d2b0f8cc6a64438898ad750d7ac42f30.jpg

Re the conversion for the speedo to the 4L60E, I used a Cable X unit I got from the US, and although it works well, it was somewhat difficult to calibrate. I have it so it reads the standard '57 Pontiac speedo in Kms, which is real handy when there are so many speed cameras around and you don't have to do a conversion in your head.

I've read that there are others now on the market which are easier to calibrate, such as the one from Dakota Digital, and you can also change the tailshaft housing on the back of the 4L60E to one from a non electronic 700R4, but this is pricier that a digital converter. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Frosty said:

When I grow up, I wanna own as many cars as Kiwi.

Lord knows I'm trying.....

To be fair frosty , I did sell my Vs ss Holden to buy the 63 … but hell !!!!! 
so worth it !!! I justA saved another :dancingpontiac:

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Frosty said:

When I grow up, I wanna own as many cars as Kiwi.

Lord knows I'm trying.....

On a side note.. frosty doesnt actually know how many toys i have...:rofl:... i may be using fake news and Ai .... photoshop, flicker, twitter, and all those other web sites !!...:stars:

still recon you should have bought that fire engine frosty !!! that was sooo cool :cheers:

• Haha 1

Well, here I am catching up once again.

Firstly, you are insane.

Secondly, oh the memories. That pic of the front seat & dash is very similar to how my own POS arrived, along with mystery boxes of rusty bits & pieces.

Thirdly, Lordy, look at the room in there with all the seats folded. You may as well sell that shitbox work van and use the Safari instead! No - the Boss is going to (apparently) navigate that monster through the local shopping centre, is she? All the rice burners will just bounce off her as she steams through the lot toward her chosen park.

Fourthly, just a reminder that you are seriously loopy.

One day when you get too old, you can just bury all those junkers nose down like the  Cadillac Ranch and then charge admission for tourists to gawk at them. 😁

Whoops! I forgot: someone on Gumtree has a fully restored TriPower set up ready to bolt on and enjoy. I said "this Kiwi bloke I know has plenty of money, he'll buy it," and then I saw the price. Ba-bow.

Screenshot_20230426-141429_Gumtree.jpg

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

To be fair frosty , I did sell my Vs ss Holden to buy the 63 … but hell !!!!! 
so worth it !!! I justA saved another :dancingpontiac:

I'm glad you saved another old girl from a fate worse than rust.

Did you sell the Holden because you needed the cash buy the Safari, or did the boss say you had to get rid of one to another one?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

owch !!! thats wayyyyy to much !!! last tri power i bidded on went for $2500 and that was 500 over what i thought it was worth !!!

bit of both Frosty !!!:rofl:

you know this is all another distraction too !! i am setting up a proper sheetmetal work bench ! that the boss has no idea what the F  i am doing !! :rofl:

i spent a day fabing the bench, it will house my box/pan 1200mm  folder, it has a 5mm steel top. with mount for a post... i will explain in pictures once i have finished building it... but i have just ordered a sheet metal giloteen, bead roller and jenny and a shrinker/streckers 

I have built it all out of 40mmx3mm angle steel and it has lockable caster wheels so i can move it all around the work shop... Frosty could have this in his work shop..... that we havent seen for soooo long !

• Haha 1

This is justA my thoughts but.......... i like the 63 fender and head light trim better than the 64 !! i like that peek to the top head light trim !

63 has a wayy rounder leading edge to the hood and a more gto infill grill ...  image.png.9df85ec3c6040eea7e7cf14f7ff17862.png

none the less, i am sure you all can tell i am addicted !!:dancingpontiac:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I reckon she's a beauty. Old wagons are uber cool.

When I saw your pics yesterday, one of the first things to catch my eye were the stainless pedal trims. You get to pull this wreck outa the mud complete with those trims whereas I spent considerable money & effort to get mine! Well played, sir.

• Like 1