Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Frosty's Garage Mahal

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

On 11/14/2021 at 12:57 PM, Frosty said:

Yesterday was a huge milestone. It was the day that the Trans Am came out of my buddy's pole barn and drive to it's new home! I have not driven this car in nearly 10 years!

We had to put a new battery in it, and it fired right up (we actually started it last year for the first time in 9 years). Chuck poured some Seafoam into the gas tank. I had to air up all the tires, they were 15-20 pounds low after sitting all this time. I could feel the flat spots on the tires going down the road. The brakes made noise when I applied them until I wore the rust off the rotors.

We drove about 15 miles from Chuck's place to the garage mahal. I stayed off the expressway since I know the tires are sooo old they definitely need to be replaced. Two of the tires are original to the car - from '86. I definitely want new meats for it before I start cruising the highway with it.....along with windshield wipers and hood support struts (both of which are shot). Chuck followed me to the garage. No reports of smoke or anything from her either.

Here is a little emotional moment for me I thought I'd share you guys. I just started Black Beauty up....

IMG_6665[1].MOV 26.95 MB · 5 downloads

Here is Black Beauty in Chuck's driveway - the car is running in this photo

611053672_IMG_66681.thumb.JPG.266bc2bfe0cdc25852a12f8f5e5f9513.JPG

Here she is in her new home next Lucy for the first time in a decade, and for the first time next to the Roadmonster.

371039704_IMG_66861.thumb.JPG.8c0c9b02d4b33a422e84f8138da54777.JPG381038508_IMG_66841.thumb.JPG.12199512598c745e94657a749498b598.JPG

Damn, that's nice almost a full house.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Frosty said:

Here's the bidet....could have a hard water problem in the winter though.

image.thumb.png.04b78c3ec42fca8d43833ddaf620e275.png

This is such a crack up coming from a guy named frosty who during winter will be frozen... isnt that the perfect bidet hose ???? haahahah:rofl:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Say goodbye to those hot tub invites, Frosty! Life as you knew it, has now come to an end. Having said that, I'm sad to say that I've never 'hot tubbed' with anyone. Shared a few baths, but no bubbles...well, until she farted, anyway.

Does that mean she's a keeper? :stars:

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Nope, that was going to be done in the quiet setting of Sarnia back over the border. No stumpwater and driving for those two, they are way smarter than that, especially when it comes to dealing with U.S. and Canuck customs and border patrol agents.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

All I can say is I am seriously pissed off right at the moment. About three quarters of the garage mahal is flooded with water. It is either from the thawing of the frozen mound of snow and ice that the snow removal guy left in front of my (and everyone else's doors) or water is coming in through the cracks in the expansion joints in the cement. Either way it is no good. There is water underneath the steps to the mezzanine!

I've already spoken to owner of the property management company / association manager of the site. I told him this was completely unacceptable and he needed to correct it. He said he had someone salt the door and squeegee but there are no floor drains so I am not certain where the water would go in the first place, especially with the ice dam in front of the door!

I came back later last night and things weren't much better and I called him again and said try again, more needs to be done. He said he'd have someone on it in the morning. Doesn't help we just another 6 inches of new snow last night. My son took a 5-lb sledge hammer to the ice dam and didn't have much success breaking it up. I hope the snow removal guy gets a good talking to as well.

IMG_6925.thumb.JPG.7ba9f7cd457ab88d9c523508dc4f2dc2.JPG

The pile of snow you see in front of the garage door is drastically reduced from the 1-2 foot ice mound that was in front of it earlier today. The mound is still there in front of the pedestrian door though, but now you could at least attempt to get a vehicle out if you had to. This is such BS.

IMG_6923.thumb.JPG.ae8db289392fdb1dfb2bd9e1ce78b3f1.JPG

IMG_6924.thumb.JPG.82d61fa1259dbaa5c77f8546cb8c14b3.JPG

IMG_6920.thumb.JPG.532d90fa96ab2cc0fbe8c8a1072eee1c.JPG

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

All I can say is I am seriously pissed off right at the moment. About three quarters of the garage mahal is flooded with water. It is either from the thawing of the frozen mound of snow and ice that the snow removal guy left in front of my (and everyone else's doors) or water is coming in through the cracks in the expansion joints in the cement. Either way it is no good. There is water underneath the steps to the mezzanine!

I've already spoken to owner of the property management company / association manager of the site. I told him this was completely unacceptable and he needed to correct it. He said he had someone salt the door and squeegee but there are no floor drains so I am not certain where the water would go in the first place, especially with the ice dam in front of the door!

I came back later last night and things weren't much better and I called him again and said try again, more needs to be done. He said he'd have someone on it in the morning. Doesn't help we just another 6 inches of new snow last night. My son took a 5-lb sledge hammer to the ice dam and didn't have much success breaking it up. I hope the snow removal guy gets a good talking to as well.

The pile of snow you see in front of the garage door is drastically reduced from the 1-2 foot ice mound that was in front of it earlier today. The mound is still there in front of the pedestrian door though, but now you could at least attempt to get a vehicle out if you had to. This is such BS.

That's ALOT of Frosty tears......

It sure looks like its all coming in from the door.  Salt again and get it away from the door.  I would get some fans going once ya stop the flow.  There are seals that stick to the floor like speed bumps.  Install up tight against the closed door from the outside or pick up a bag of cement thats made to install over existing cement and build your own mini speed bump.  Or talk to the landlord about him doing it.  Did you ever notice rainwater leaking in?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

Frosty, Wow! That is BS! My guess would be the snow mound. Door seals can only stop pelting rain water that is draining away. What you have with the mound would just go right around the end of each side of the door even if you have vertical outer door strip seals!

I can’t tell from the picture, but how does the garage floor transition past the contact point of the door? Does it slope immediately downward, straight or what? What is the driveway paved with? Concrete or asphalt? I have a reason for asking, as it might possibly help with eliminating the problem in the future.

• Like 1

gees !!! you and water are not friends frosty !!!

very sad to see that mate, clearly there is no storm water grate?channel along the front of your garage!, if snow can melt and get in, so will rain water.

i would be sorting a full width of your garage drainage out side the doors and front wall.

clearly the concrete out front of your doors are flat !

image.png.8660de9b764da26a008475183fc82ce9.png

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

Dualquad Pete suggested I get life preservers and life rings for the swimming pool. Wise acre!

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 2

Here is how things are looking after the weekend. I borrowed some fans from a buddy too. It's drying out. Still a massive amount of snow and ice outside the garage walls. I am slowly trying to break that up with a sledge hammer and melting salt,

IMG_6930.thumb.JPG.f8e854afc620b13b858df275bc94dd4f.JPG

IMG_6931.thumb.JPG.4eb3f0fedc7a9c3513d895bf7372c78a.JPG

IMG_6948.thumb.JPG.5e0b16f3bf4cd891b68fe474e50b2edd.JPG

IMG_6932.thumb.JPG.9a26b3ef1df257326fdbe122d1e3785f.JPG

Now this aggravates me! This is a cement pad that joins up in front of my garage door. Notice how the freeze / thaw has lifted it 3/4 to 1 inch? So water cannot run away from my door at the moment. I pointed this out to the maintenance guy on Monday too. So any trapped water between this ridge and my door has nowhere to go. Grrr....

These two pieces of cement are suppose to be flush with each other. Right now my door slab is below this.

IMG_6946.thumb.JPG.1cb925ab5f7ece0c367be2377b3d0176.JPG

• Sad 4

• 3 weeks later...