Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

a Michigan Noob

waiting on an order from AMES,figuired i would keep cleaning and painting today.Have had my hood latch asm soaking in a bucket of mineral spirits for a couple weeks.toothbrushes etc to clean then i blasted it today.

post-1672-0-14231100-1376238572_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-48536400-1376238612_thumb.jp

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

A buddy in high school was more than a bit of a lunatic. When his brother got married and we were driving around the old neighborhood between the wedding and the reception, he was driving a Chevette and the horn didn't work. So he just leaned out the window while yelling "HONK HONK! HONK HONK!" Somehow I picture JUSTA doing something similar. This coming from the guy who has a 25 cent slot in his dash JUSTA start his GTO too (I am not kidding either)

I want to put a train horn behind the grills lo

Now that would be cool to do, especially if you drove the car through a small town around 2-3 am that had no train tracks in it!

hood spring was plasti coated!No wonder i couldnt blast it clean lol. glass blasted the cowl screens then painted using SEM.Love this stuff!Finally found a use for a tie hanger..

post-1672-0-93882200-1376257951_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-95018100-1376258192_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-22613800-1376258240_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Frosty can you take some measurements off your core support? Just not sure where to weld the patch and don't want to do it wrong... I would think endura and mine should be the same?

Anyone following this thread,i am NOT sandblasting as i have misstated in this thread.I'm using glass beads.Purchased from harbor freight.Sorry for any confusion.sandblasting is to me a generic term.carry on.

Frosty can you take some measurements off your core support? Just not sure where to weld the patch and don't want to do it wrong... I would think endura and mine should be the same?

Measurements from Frosty would be a plus. Since I've seen no pic's of the other side (assuming its fine) I would weld your patch in place, line up the good side with new mounting hardware in place on the frame and then holecut your patch as needed. I only had 2 of 8 body mounts that were attached to anything for a reference in replacing cross members and supports on the GTO project. Body went up and down marking and lining up each mount. Core support shouldn't be hard to mark N cut if you have a good side.

I agree Joe.

I have some questions for you that I sent in a PM.

I sure hope so but i'm starting to think i'll be wrenching till DEC...Bow season starts soon and i really want to hunt this year.I can't do both as i proved to myself last year lol

Cant believe frosty is putting his up already.

HUH? Frosty has his road trip soon and thought he was planning on Golling (ME TOO) and Sellers to finish up near the end of Sept. With my arm....my bow will sit idle again this year. Wife is having the other foot done in NOV so gun is out this year too. SO sad.