Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

a Michigan Noob

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Well the big day is tomorrow! Me and my Brother dropped off the frame at the blaster then took it to the powder coater! We then went to NPD picked up the body mounts,hardware and the front end fastener kit.We came home he cleaned and polished his bike and i spent 5 1/2 hrs cleaning the rear end and painting it.

post-1672-0-49416500-1380148917_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-09178400-1380149074_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-25217500-1380149147_thumb.jp

Man that was fast. Know your happy. Re-searched throught the GTO spare parts and their are NO uppers. Thinkin back and lookin at pic's. I used the GTO uppers (they were in much better shape) but swapped the lowers from the donor car and piled everything into my truck and trailor to haul it off for scrap to clean up the mess all over my yard. Sorry bro, wish I could help ya out.

Still lots to do, thinkin of spraybombing underside with undercoating.The farther to the back as i clean,the undercoating is hard as a rock.30yrs of trans,engine leaking oil softened up the undercoating towards the front LOL.Big stuff is done and i can work in the garage from here on out. I'm happy as i should get some more done even as the sun sets earlier every night.

post-1672-0-58643600-1380503708_thumb.jp

Stopped by a REAL Hotrod garage N checked out Joe's W I P. He did a much nicer job than the pic's show. You could stare at his walls for hours with all his cool accessories. Enjoyed the chat with Joe and Michelle...she's into cars as much as him. AND makes the best chile!!! LOL Then we went to the Comeback Inn for the final cruise nite of the year.

Gto12001_zpsa9d4d071.jpg

Good times!!

• 1 month later...

I have a set of those, sans the black krinkle finsh.

100_2384.jpg

All that is left to do to them is to paint blue true fire on them with the airbrush. Since I moved last year, I don't have any place to do it. I lost my workshop.

100_2401-1.jpg

Try getting a set of these valve cover breathers to go with the black krinle from Spotts Performance. I have a set and I am painting them to match the valve covers. http://www.spottsperformance.com

VCB12.JPG

• 2 months later...

Well i can't believe i am finally done with the underside of this project.what a nightmare.with the holidays and the honey do list i didnt work on the car like i wanted to do.I wont blame it ALL on life getting in the way,i was soooooo burned out from laying on my back and scrapeing crud etc off.somedays i couldnt find the energy or will power LOL some pics though..

Well this is what i have done tonight.perfect?no.But i am happy with the results.welding on old thin rusted metal to new metal is quite the challenge.goes good till ya hit the thin stuff then i blow through it.LOL i spent quite a bit of time adjusting settings till i found a happy medium.slight coat of fiberglass,sanding and paint and you guys will be the only ones who will know LOL

post-1672-0-61777600-1390705419_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-46132600-1390705472_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-02340500-1390705505_thumb.jp