Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

a Michigan Noob

Compare that to a stamped impellar,no curvature of the impellar vanes resulting in cavitation,lack of coolant moving and overheating is the result.On my divider plate i did "massage" the opening for a tighter clearance to the cast impellars.I believe it was .026 distance i was shooting for.

Thankz for the info Joe. Never heard anything about a difference in pumps and has me wondering which one I have on the front of GTO.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Same stuff I used to fill the gaps in my new floorpans to the new braces after welding them in place. This was a much cheaper option to the expensive 2 part panel weld they also sell.

Now you tell me LOL Never would've thought windo weld would hold panels on.21hrs later...yea I'm real happy with the way it bonded. Justa i think,i have a cast impellar if you end up needing it.i save everything LOL :pontiac:

Now you tell me LOL Never would've thought windo weld would hold panels on.21hrs later...yea I'm real happy with the way it bonded. Justa i think,i have a cast impellar if you end up needing it.i save everything LOL :pontiac:

I'm too old skool. Welded everything in place. Then filled all seams with the glue to try and keep dirt/moisture out. All Pontiac show flier is posted on CRO. YOU now have a 2nd deadline if you don't make the Power tour. Great info on the pump as you said when buying new you can get either one over the counter without knowing. I still have to get rid of the Chevy rad and make a decision on Aluminum or 4 core stock. I do not want an electric fan setup.

Well my repair is complete,I'm happy.I dug out the windo weld around the "patch"it was too hard to sand feather etc..I ended up with this..The flash on my I-phone makes some of it look like rust? But it isnt rust.i also scribed a line in the corner to make it look like 2 panels instead of a fiberglass one piece lol.

post-1672-0-53369100-1393378880_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-49371600-1393378932_thumb.jp

Yesterday i spent the day lowering the body to the frame,Putting the wheels with the tires on made it so the body was closer to the frame without doing much LOL I was really afraid of losing my middle support,the tires wouldnt clear the jack stands. but the back was obviously doing its job of holding it all in the air..My buddy i borrowed 4 of the jack stands from said "i remember buying those jack stands...In 1950." WHAT? LOL i was glad to be done with those.

post-1672-0-59679900-1393379597_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-79504800-1393379633_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-48885900-1393379658_thumb.jp

I also revisted the patch i put on the drivers side.It was too smooth....Soo i dimpled it with vise grips to look like factory welds LOL I'm happy.last pic..My camera really hates me.

post-1672-0-96727200-1393379874_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-37185300-1393380067_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-33324700-1393380180_thumb.jp

PS...Justa,picked this up for ya.Aluminum with a cast impellar! 70 bucks brand new! if i didnt have my original rebuilt i would use it! You get first dibs if ya need it!

If you can't use it, hell ya I want it. Thankz. Looks like your gettin close to the marriage. Til RUST do you part. If you need an extra hand, call bro. :pontiac:

If JUSTA can't use, damn it, I'll use it. Awesome work Joe. I'll bet it looks a whole lot more like a car with the body back on (or nearly on).

Thanks guys,Frosty has second dibs,I really dont think justa will have to change the radiator.Lets do the water pump first and see what happens.

That's exactly what I was thinking. LOL Worth a try. Thankz again.

Well its a little closer today LOL had to run out and do some errands but its closer.Just the back to do,its about 3inches from setting down,and slightly off to the right.tomorrow i have to take the wife to Lansing for a real estate test.But i hope to have the body sitting on the frame and ready to bolt it.I hope i'm not boring anyone but doing this by myself is very rewarding and maybe it will inspire others to take the challange LOL If i can do this,anyone can! And knowing Justa and frosty are willing to come over and help is a great feeling in case i get into trouble LOL More pics...

post-1672-0-44748900-1393552395_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-08631200-1393552452_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-91776500-1393552499_thumb.jp

Funny thing,i forgot about painting the body where the wood blocks were to hold it all up,the gas tank mounts i can do later,the front cowl i did yesterday.Talk about a uhohhh moment LOL