Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

a Michigan Noob

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

That's a lot of hard work you've accomplished there Joe. You should be very proud. So what is you time table at this stage of the game? Or is there one?

Well I registered for the Power Tour a month ago.So the Goal is to be done by april 1st.Motor,trans etc..all have to be broken in.since i'm sure there will be some gremlins popping up i want some time to address them before i drive 3000 miles LOL

If you have give us some advance warning, maybe you can get some additional help from me too. A lot revolves around the weather and the boys social schedule. That said, I can sneak away like I did today, and go to a swap meet with my buddies DK, notallthere, and Elvis.

If you have give us some advance warning, maybe you can get some additional help from me too. A lot revolves around the weather and the boys social schedule. That said, I can sneak away like I did today, and go to a swap meet with my buddies DK, notallthere, and Elvis.

Will do Frosty!So far its the three of us LOL The only time Help comes around here is when i'm the help LOL

Hope Mrs INDY isn't all thumbs... :lol2: We'll need her to start the bolts. :dancingpontiac: Hope you saw Street Outlaws on Discovery channel last night. The Turbo'ed 73 Pontiac was awesome. Figured you and Frosty would be droolin. :indian:

Tomorrow it will be Black! I shouldve taken pics of another area i fixed,but i got caught up and it was done before i realized it.I need a respirator LOL well here's a pic anyway.LOL

post-1672-0-60264300-1390786976_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-76654000-1390787123_thumb.jp

If you can stuff the beard completely into the resperator - no. Its a second filter at that point.

Respirators are your friends - helps protects little things like your lungs.

Welllllll i found another hole LOL actually 2 but this one is fixed tonight.I am trying to keep the factory weld divots and lines where the panels meet.And make it look factory,if i start smoothing the wheel wells this "project" will not get done in my time frame.Plus i dont care as long as it looks factory LOL

post-1672-0-05356800-1391382269_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-19127300-1391382349_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-54302500-1391382362_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-72689500-1391382456_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Justa,this is a pic of my water pump,and divider plate.Notice the curvature of the impellar,which follows the same curves of the divider plate, and the distance between the impellars and the divider plate.

Hey Justa,this is a pic of my water pump,and divider plate.Notice the curvature of the impellar,which follows the same curves of the divider plate, and the distance between the impellars and the divider plate.

post-1672-0-92016500-1392774045_thumb.jp

Compare that to a stamped impellar,no curvature of the impellar vanes resulting in cavitation,lack of coolant moving and overheating is the result.On my divider plate i did "massage" the opening for a tighter clearance to the cast impellars.I believe it was .026 distance i was shooting for.

well i found a rust hole with a few different issues.1st it was the inner wheel well that was rusted bad.2nd was it was also the outer quarter panel skin which is welded to the inner wheel well skin.3rd it has a few corners,bends that needed to be fabbed so it didnt look like well like i did the work LOL so i cut the old rusty crap out,of both panel,s.leaving me with this mess.I wanted to weld in some new metal then fiberglass,bondo and finish with paint.A good friend of mine stopped by and recomended i use 3m windo weld to glue in my patches...why not?He builds Bricklands for a living and uses this product to glue the acrylic panels to the frame of his builds.Soooo reluctantly i did just that.heres the pics..Now this stuff does take some time to cure,i did this repair at about 11am this morning.its now 9pm and i took some sandpaper to smooth it out as i will still use some fiberglass to feather the repair out then a skin coat of bondo to finish.As of now it sands like fiberglass after a 1/2 hour of curing.time will tell if it holds up.However i plan on painting the whole car next winter so i will judge the repair at that time to see if it was a real repair or a crappy temp fix.

post-1672-0-12779000-1392775184_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-46345600-1392775840_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-08544000-1392775861_thumb.jp

post-1672-0-99010100-1392776239_thumb.jp