Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

a Michigan Noob

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

So Onondaga was a bust wont go into that nightmare. However i did get a quickjack lift system delivered sat. so after a couple hours the Lemans Got a small lift job. So far so good. it feels safe and i get alot of room to do stuff as needed. was tired of jacking and cribbing all four corners to get it high enough to work on then undoing what took all day to do...time will tell.

IMG_3656.JPG

IMG_3655.JPG

IMG_3658.JPG

cant forget Remi pics..

IMG_3648.JPG

• Like 2

Looks so good.  You've done a great job on the underside Joe.  Like the lift, that is more what I need.  So glad to see ya on here again.

Edited by JUSTA6

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 7:03 PM, indymanjoe said:

So for the never ending Michigan noobie thread lol here some pics from this past sat. Milan Dragway daily driver race. which i found out also was a pour your own puddle. I had no puddles to pour so i used other peoples puddles LOL 

Started as a 60 mile cruise to weed out the track cars trailer queens. by the end of the day we drove 220 miles from milford to milan etc and home again. Had a great time. got past a nitrous newer mustang in the first round then a new ZL1 camaro got me in the second round....I did my Burnout and it took him 4-5 minutes to do his. meanwhile my tires cooled down and i spun off the line. Drivers meeting next time, this will be brought up. Not complaining but after several people at the track pointed out the obvious to me and michelle we wont let that happen again. lesson learned.

The new fuel pump is working perfectly! never once nosed over even at the 1/4 mile marker. this race was a no time,no et flashlight on race. Street outlaws type. 

we had the second oldest car there other than the futura? in one of the pics. still had a blast and will be doing this again. met alot of cool people who loved the ole Pontiac. Driveshaft loop is gonna be here thursday and installed with pics this weekend. going to do a full tune up this weekend. plugs, wires etc are 7 yrs old. trans filter is on the list as well. 

just found out Onnadaga is having a daily driver race so i may be skipping the tuneup etc..

pics if it happens.

daily driver race milan.jpg

312167406_10163445260396959_2750740882652362410_n.jpg

IMG_3852.PNG

Pics of my Bug LOL Frosty will have to teach here the fine art of vids and pics...i have a couple vids of the cement ground in front of her.and alot of pics of the sky,ground etc... SMH

IMG_3801.JPG

IMG_3803.JPG

IMG_3798.JPG

Bud - I was loving the updates you were sending me even though I was on my way to South Carolina at the time. I meant to send you a thing for Back to the Bricks too but forgot. Out at Birch Run Speedway, they had a burn out contest. So hopefully these two events to coincide with each other.

I'll be happy to sit down with you on how to post pics and vids.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

sooo here we are today the motor is out 1st time in 7yrs..iirc (and i probably dont) found a freeze plug core plug whatever you want to call it weeping at the beginning of the summer. only found it because i was chasing an oil leak. But these pics are a mod im doing to shoot a bit of oil at the distributer and cam gear. This is also an area where crap can build up behind this plug. this also gets rid of possible air pockets starving #8 lifters to starve from oil. Using a #60 wire gauge drill bit i drilled through this plug. This is helpful if using a composite distributor gear. I am not personally. Pontiac SD motors came this way i bet for a good reason.

IMG_1182[1].PNG

IMG_1184[1].HEIC IMG_1185[1].HEIC

• Like 2

The leaking plug was right over the drivers side motor mount...of course. all the rest are solid but i changed them all to brass. waiting on a kit from butler for the head plugs. However i have to take some blame here as i have NOT changed my radiator coolant in 7 yrs...

IMG_1188[1].PNG

PHLC7924[1].HEIC IMG_1186[1].HEIC

yes Remi was supervising. 

IMG_1191[1].HEIC

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

justa messing around in the garage. changing the cam and springs etc.. check out the mess i found today. Kinda hard to feed the cam retainer like this..IMG_2396.HEICITRX9572.HEIC

IMG_2398.PNG

pics suck..ITRX9572.HEIC

Dennis im gonna send you pics i give up..

• Like 1

Here are the photos that Indyman Joe sent me to post in this thread.

image.png.aa2f15bab1131753877f935eb90cc12a.pngIMG_2396.thumb.JPEG.80db624b1df3c6f742a8137131987a99.JPEG

Joe reports that there is no oil going to the cam thrust plate.

He said he is getting a degree wheel and he hopes to have it done shortly.

He also said if you look at one picture, you can see the feed hole. If you look in the other picture, you can see how it was when he took it off - 180 degrees off!

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 2

I'm justa tryin to get better gas Mileage to save the earth. Its the least i can do..seriously if i could do something leasty i would. LOL 

• Haha 2