Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

95naSTA's Bonneville Progression

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

The point of this is to push this dated engine about as far as I can n/a while keeping it reliable and streetable. This isn't for everyone but it's 100% what I want to do.

That pretty much sums it up.

N/a builds have always been more interesting to me.

The monster truck ball joints came in..

From left to right.

Aftermarket replacement front 92-99, Aftermarket replacement 1960-66 Chrysler, Howe Extended stud ball joint with threaded sleeve, 10* reamer for the knuckle, Howe ball joint disassembled. The dust boots are across the top in the same order.

IMG_0422.JPG

I should have the adapter/carrier for the threaded ball joint sleeve if not next week, the following.

I got a tank for welding yesterday.. So I'm good there.

And I ordered a Zoop Seal kit to seal all of my polished aluminum stuff.. I reallllly hope it works because clear powder coating didn't.

When I first read about it a few years ago it didn't have many good reviews, but now it does and also suggests that those bad reviews are from people who didn't read the instructions.. We'll see.

Rain or shine, progress is happening this weekend.

Today I:

Cut out the upper wheel well pinched seam, welded it shut, and underbodied it.

Modified the ABS unit front mounts to have it sit a little higher, bolted them in, made the third mount and used one of those sandwiching threaded metal clips in an OEM hole which made things clean and easy. I'm pretty happy with how the mounting turned out. Everything bolts up, it's solid, there's plenty of room for routing the lines, and it even still uses the OEM rubber bushings.

I welded plates and filled in all the unneeded holes in the front of the engine bay on the driver's side. I got about half way through grinding it all down before I had to call it quits.

I still have to do some welding on the upper rad support and strut tower, then comes the filler.. my favorite part. :lol2:

IMG_0466.JPG

IMG_0471.JPG

IMG_0470.JPG

IMG_0469.JPG

IMG_0468.JPG

IMG_0482.JPG

2011-04-02%2015.25.16.jpg

2011-04-02%2016.55.45.jpg

2011-04-02%2019.01.23.jpg

IMG_0478.JPG

' date='Apr 4 2011, 10:38 AM' post='51903']

Seriously...when will the win ever stop?

never! its winfinity! :D

I picked up some stuff from the powder coater today after work.

Power steering subframe line in purple.. I probably shouldn't have done this since it's not going to cool as well but I couldn't not.. I'll add a mini cooler later.

Then STB in purple and the heater box is ceramic coated to make up for the disintegrated firewall insulation.

IMG_5570.JPG

Below are a modified tail shaft to block bracket, and a front support bracket for my headers (wrinkle to match jet-hot 2000), and modified alt bracket for my FPR/fuel setup (satin).

IMG_5571.JPG

IMG_5574.JPG

Pics of before and where they go:

IMG_4926.JPG

IMG_4949.JPG

IMG_5100.JPG

IMG_5091.JPG

IMG_5084.JPG

Hopefully I'll pick up the anodized fuel stuff this weekend.

Thanks. :agreed:

Nothing exciting but some more progress nun the less. The bottom has to be knocked down and I still have to grind and fill in all the strut tower spot weld b.s.

IMG_0691.JPG

IMG_0696.JPG

I had a feeling it was going to rain today.. which was why I was hustling the past two days. That and as of tomorrow I won't be back in Philly till the 25th.

I did get some more stuff done anyway though.

I went up to the anodizing place to check out the progress. They asked if I wanted them to polish the fittings/rails after they anodized them and showed me the difference. I couldn't say no. I should have that stuff at the end of the month.

My ball joint adapters I had waterjetted came in and I pressed the threaded sleeves into them. They fit a lot better than I thought they would and I only had to do a very minimal grinding on the control arm to clear the sleeve and ball joint housing. They still have to be welded and coated.

I bolted up the power steering line to the subframe to remind myself why I had it powder coated, looks legit.

And since Zoop Seal is no more (the order I placed for it was refunded), I bought Shine seal to coat all my polished aluminum stuff.

IMG_5576.JPG

IMG_5577.JPG

IMG_5578.JPG

IMG_5583.JPG

IMG_5585.JPG

IMG_5590.JPG

IMG_5593.JPG