Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

This will make you smile

I am immensely enjoying this saga of German cars. I agree wholeheartedly with Dwight - overcomplicated for no good reason. In Australia, only the brave venture into Euro territory when purchasing a car - we subsist predominantly on a diet of Jap stuff which have been proven to be durable & reliable. Toyota rules the roost here and we are all thankful for it. You know how I keep banging on about Corollas? Buy her a Corolla and just keep it serviced and it'll probably outlive her and the rest of us.

• Haha 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Wrongway, you are right, but you get me started on German engineering and my blood boils. I will do my best to sleep it off.

• Haha 2

No apology needed: driving a Corolla is like driving a fridge - just an appliance but if you want an appliance where you simply jump in, twist the key and wake up at your destination, a Corolla is the appliance. I'm sure the Bronc will serve her well - basic old truck that will simply lope along the highway.

• Like 2

Well she is going to school in central Oregon where it does snow but definately not to the point of blizzard. The bronco has a true 4WD with M@S tires so she should never find herself in trouble. I did chuck the automatic locking hubs which never did work reliably so she will need to manually lock the hubs but you can't have everything.

• Like 2

Temp looks good welds are getting straighter flowing even across the joint I'm impressed. 

I have been welding torch stick and mig for years but tig threw me for a curve. giving me a temperature pedal means I need to think about three things now and my brain hasn't managed to do that consistently yet.

You are a better man than I  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Old guy44 said:

I did chuck the automatic locking hubs which never did work reliably so she will need to manually lock the hubs but you can't have everything.

You should fabricate my Hubba Grabber 3000 : made from a poly water fitting. It's in my GP thread somewhere. My old ute also has manual hubs and this thing makes engaging them so easy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

oh and I am not using my pedal !! Same  as you ! Too much to work at once !!!

How are you getting by without it? You must have a more sophisticated unit than my old dinosaur. Mine, the pedal starts the arc. Thats cheating!!

• Haha 2

Looks like your machine is made for old goats like us that can't chew gum and walk. My machine is so old they don't make it anymore. Got it out of the garage of a guy moving out of state that did not want to move it.  Temp only works with the pedal, it has three heat settings. 5A, 35A, and 70A minimum but you can't get by without the pedal, but I bought it really cheap!

I did make a combination coolant pressure and overflow tank for the L83 engine that is in the Indian out of 4 in sq aluminum tubing with an .080 wall. Some of the welds look really good but it took me as long to seal up all the pinhole leaks as it did to make the tank.

When I get past all the current projects and actually have some time for myself I think I will go to a welding school near me and take an aluminum class. Maybe when I get the hip replacement because I can sit at a welding table, don't need to stand.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old guy44 said:

So where do I find a Hanson mdpe nut? It looks like ABS plastic and PVC glue wont work!

heres a company that has them your side of the water Dwight ...

https://www.screwfix.com/c/heating-plumbing/mdpe-fittings/cat2330014

but any plumbing shop should have mdpe fittings you could rob a nut off, 

fitzys looks to be either a 25 or 32mm one 

• Haha 1

Yep. Just measure the Bronc's hubs and find a poly fitting to suit. These things are online for like 60 bucks - mine cost nothing.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Old guy44 said:

The real question is you are a 20 year old girl pulling up to your college dorm. Would you rather pull up in a corolla or a mint green Bronco? Think of the Bronco as a hubba grabber? Doris, look at the line of guys following the Bronco!

hahahaha ! love it :rofl:

• Haha 2