Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Fitzy's GP is back!

8 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

Did you read the pot resistor alternative? I'm going to do that. Once correct tach function has been established, resistor value will be noted and that's how I'll know what value to install.

I never thought this topic would create so much discussion!

smash up your transistor radio mate and pull the potentiometer out of it and try that :cheers:

• Haha 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

On 4/27/2022 at 9:52 PM, Fitzy said:

Did you read the pot resistor alternative? I'm going to do that. Once correct tach function has been established, resistor value will be noted and that's how I'll know what value to install.

I never thought this topic would create so much discussion!

Acxico 1Pcs 0-9999 Ohm Simple Resistance Box Precision Variable Resistor For Physical Electricity Experiment Teaching https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085WS33BH/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_0YHDXW3788JQSXZVB8N0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1.    Check this one out, a shop i used to work for had a snap on version of this.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Been at work for 3 weeks, so am now back and have plenty to do.

GP is running nicely - simply purrs along. Whoever built that engine needs to be congratulated...hang on, that was me. Anyway, not much to do with the old girl now except fix up the body and paint. However...I drove somewhere a coupla weekends ago and there was a steady click click click sound coming from the dash - then I noticed that the speedo needle wasn't moving smoothly. Sounds to me like the cable is binding. I suppose I gotta pull it out, have a look, clean & lightly lube it and reinstall with no kinks. Does anyone have any experience with a similar problem?

Oh, and Rattus the rat is back and has now feasted on ALL my HT leads. We gave it a chance but no cigar, so out comes the Ratsak. Goodbye Rattus.

bloody rats!!! , we have one in the ceiling !!! as the whole end of the house is open for the reno's 

• Like 1

I blame the HT lead manufacturers for choosing delicious silicone for their product - why can't they use silicone that doesn't taste any good??? Don't deny it - whenever you see a silicone product you just wanna chow down on it. The leads still work and you can't really see the holes unless you look for them. Still...damn annoying.

Speedo cable thoughts, anyone?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

A workmate sent me this pic this afternoon. Reckons it's out of a BMW. I seriously believe this has been photoshopped, but what do you think?

Thank goodness Pontiacs never came with these. 

20220601_173904.jpg

• Haha 2

A workmate sent me this pic this afternoon. Reckons it's out of a BMW. I seriously believe this has been photoshopped, but what do you think?

Thank goodness Pontiacs never came with these. 

20220601_173904.jpg

rat heaven !!!!! :rofl:

12 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Took El Poncho out for a decent spin today. Engine is finally starting to loosen up and is running sweet. I took the opportunity to do a quick photo shoot. It looks way better out in the sunshine than under my carport.

An ex spray painter mate is coming up to assess the car on Friday - getting ready to finally get serious about painting it.

20220601_113627.jpg

20220601_113753.jpg

20220601_113719.jpg

oh wow!!!! i am impressed mate!!! she looks great in the sun!!!:dancingpontiac:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Well, I'm getting excited. We have a local Car Show & Swap Meet coming up this Saturday in Atherton, a little place about 50 miles from where I live. I don't think it's going to be very big but I'm going to display the GP, crappy paint and all and see what the reaction is. It'll either be ignored or gushed over. I'll take some pics.

Time to have some fun N show off.

• Like 2

Well, I'm getting excited. We have a local Car Show & Swap Meet coming up this Saturday in Atherton, a little place about 50 miles from where I live. I don't think it's going to be very big but I'm going to display the GP, crappy paint and all and see what the reaction is. It'll either be ignored or gushed over. I'll take some pics.

How cool mate 👍 enjoy the experience !! you have earned it !!!:dancingpontiac:

Keep any eye out at the swap meet for a vs ss air filter top lid for me :) 

image.png.9de834d57cb47f85516a371931aa1c3e.png

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

Thanks guys.

I shall keep an eye out for that part - the Cairns Swap Meet & Car Show is in August and it's quite a big event - I've been going there for years as a visitor and this is the year where I trot out my own car and have it sitting amongst the others on show.

I know the classic car scene is big in NZ but you don't realise just how many old cars have been stashed away over the years. I am forever seeing something old that's being aired out by it's owner. Yesterday, I had lunch in a cafe and parked next to a Mach 1 Mustang! Who knows what's sitting in a shed somewhere, covered in blankets and crap just waiting to be reborn.

• Like 2

I wanted to insert a short description under each pic but am too stupid to work it out. The line 'a few Pontiacs' should have obviously appeared under the last pic.

• Like 2

Wow ! Ht Monaro , mk3 zephyr !

xy Ute  Torana !!! , what a bloody neat mix of cars !!!

And mate !!!! The 65 looks great !

I bet you had a inspiring day 🍻🍻🍻

And wow ! I justA had a closer look at you pictures and I see a old jag, a rolls  war Time jeep and sandman !!!! 🍻

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1