Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

31pontiac's '31 Pontiac

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• 5 months later...
12 hours ago, 31pontiac said:

Not enough room in the dash for all of the gauges and switches so I made 2 “accessory“     panels ,  one to house the choke and ‘61 Pontiac ignition switch and the other for the A/C controls.

E5F039D5-8B0E-4424-801F-F64E3DDB5DE8.jpeg

DB8B02C7-A0E2-47E7-AADF-DB5D3A18C3A0.jpeg

D7FF2740-6B81-49DE-B097-83FA6C916240.jpeg

Nice job! Your additions blend right in.

• Like 2

I know this comes down to personal preference, old school looks or whatever, but I am curious.

Why are you going with a manual choke? Wouldn't an automatic choke carb been a lot easier?

Regardless, I respect your choice and I think your fab work is great and ingenious. Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Thanks Frosty.   Yes , an automatic choke would have been easier,  but  I wanted period ( ‘60’s ) looking dual quads  (AFBs).  My engine builder found this pair of Carter 500’s online with no automatic choke and I said OK.   I like the SD 421 inference.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Here are a couple of details I hadn’t posted yet.

The ‘58 Chevrolet Bel Air taillights were chosen due to their  ‘60’s showrod feel.  The push bars and rear spreader bar/ license plate plate bracket were fabricated from bar stock and an original NOS Hollywood license plate lamp was used to keep that vintage feel.

The front spreader bar is a Model A brake bar trimmed to fit between the frame rails. It was chosen because it compliments the      “V”ed shape of the grille

These parts and a few others were dropped off at the chrome shop at Hershey last week.

8378D636-953C-4835-9E62-523CC8A72232.jpeg

EEFF17B4-2AA1-46A4-9C08-B3AB7F0CF702.jpeg

F3841D67-7977-4EF9-8B91-9160EAAE53D4.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Very cool update. Any particular reason for the Olds tips? The cool factor? I had them lying around the shop?

• Like 1

That's a better story than I expected 31pontiac. Thanks for sharing that one. Inspired by history. I like it!

• Like 2