Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

FWD ground pounder - Last Indian

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Kiwi - you are absolutely right, the man creates art. I've had the privilege of receiving some of this man's masterful works of art. It's like opening presents on Christmas Day.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
49 minutes ago, Last Indian said:

Well as all of us northern folks start getting ready for our crap weather, it’s that time when we start planning our winter projects. Of which I hope to have several for the Indian. So stay tuned for some updates!

Some of us are still trying to finish our SUMMER projects. :willy_nilly:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JUSTA6 said:

Some of us are still trying to finish our SUMMER projects. :willy_nilly:

Sorry! You poor - - - - ! Oh wait you love every minute under, in or draped over a body part!:driving:

• Haha 2

So some may remember the trunk cover for the spare tire/battery. 

CD809695-FB08-4731-A759-80561B93BEFF.jpeg
And while I originally thought it was ok, as time moved on I knew I wanted to do something else, but I couldn’t exactly see what that was to be. Now I have.

2B629814-0C40-43CB-8A48-8C4602181B33.jpeg
so I needed to remove all the old hardware & start sanding & sanding. Any guesses as to what’s next?

Edited by Last Indian
  • Confused 1

Betting it's gonna involve lights around the spare tire through the spare tire cover.  Didn't I send you one of those lights I had made up?  Might be the time to play it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

Sandlasted plexiglass or lexan?

No, but to some degree yes. 

4 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

hmmm, your keying the surface for a adheasive ??

No, but a coating of a type may be applied, not sure yet.

2 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Betting it's gonna involve lights around the spare tire through the spare tire cover.  Didn't I send you one of those lights I had made up?  Might be the time to play it.

Bingo & possibly the later that you mentioned! Haven’t worked out the details yet! And yes you did & again thank you. 

New hardware is being designed & hopefully will be built this winter, but not sure yet how it will evolve.

83112192-A91A-42E9-B6B8-C2B489EEFA88.jpeg
To give this some perspective, this piece is 26” long 11 1/4 “ tall.

Edited by Last Indian
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...