Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

a Michigan Noob

OPG has whatcha need. That was justa link to the site. Since I can't have my 4spd, would LOVE a his N hers in the GTO. Finally have my seat springs repaired N painted, finally found hog rings and got my padding /underlay from the wifes JOANN's store. Now both the daily drivers have messed up and I get to work outside in the 1st snow of the season...perfect timing.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

. Forgot I need the wood grain for the dual gate lol

Workin on the car....

JUSTA6 is right. OPGI, YearOne, Paddock Parts are just some of great sources. I need to find all the missing parts for my Dual Gate before I can install it. However, my wood grain is autographed by Linda Vaughn and Doc Watson too. Any idea where I can get all the missing parts JUSTA6? A complete kit is like $500+. I'd like to pay a little less than that if possible.

We definitely need to hook up sometime after Christmas. Lots of swap meets before summer.

I was at engine shop in Richfield township today with my buddy Bret (we're working on his '68 Chevy Impala Custom). I saw a great piece of Pontiac eye candy. They had a 400 for a '79 Trans Am with 6X heads on an engine standing waiting to go to the dyno. It has a $2500 March serpentine pulley system on it. It was all polished billet, compact AC condensor and a compact power steering pump. I wish I had my camera with me, or I would have took a picture of it.

post-1672-135606238322_thumb.jpg. It's kinda warm...lol

Workin on the car....

That is one sweet mancave! HEATED TOO. I could pull the GTO out in this mess....But thats not gonna happen. LOL

Copyofsleds009-1.jpg

As you can see. Not alot of elbow room in mine. LOL My salamander heater takes the chill off. Sure appreciate the offer buddy! Ya should have seen the GTO body hanging from my rafters!!! I could only work on one side of the car @ a time. Push it out N turn it around N push er back in to work on the other side. (up against the wall) OH FOR THE LOVE OF PONTIAC!

JUSTA6 is right. OPGI, YearOne, Paddock Parts are just some of great sources. I need to find all the missing parts for my Dual Gate before I can install it. However, my wood grain is autographed by Linda Vaughn and Doc Watson too. Any idea where I can get all the missing parts JUSTA6? A complete kit is like $500+. I'd like to pay a little less than that if possible.

We definitely need to hook up sometime after Christmas. Lots of swap meets before summer.

I was at engine shop in Richfield township today with my buddy Bret (we're working on his '68 Chevy Impala Custom). I saw a great piece of Pontiac eye candy. They had a 400 for a '79 Trans Am with 6X heads on an engine standing waiting to go to the dyno. It has a $2500 March serpentine pulley system on it. It was all polished billet, compact AC condensor and a compact power steering pump. I wish I had my camera with me, or I would have took a picture of it.

Actually Frosty, check Barry @ SONIC motors. He is off Hickory Ridge in Highland. (M59) 1 810 750 1421 ALL Pontiac parts and has a warehouse in Holly. Expensive, but he will work with ya a bit.

• 4 weeks later...

Yup, I know. I got mine in the mail just after the first of the year. Other than the actual shift cable I am not finding much for the dual gate.

What's nice about NPD is being able to drive down to Livonia to the warehouse and pick up you stuff and not wait for shipping. They have everything comparable to YearOne and OPGI from what I've seen. Notallthere has picked up stuff for his Chevelle there before.

That's good to know. Thanks for the offer.

Perhaps the proper thing to do is order some parts from NPD, go pick them up at a pre-arranged time some Saturday and then go for lunch near NPD and bench race around some burgers and beer.

If is on a Sunday, we could use the excuse we are going to Bakers in Milford. If its the Thursday before the NASCAR races at MIS after work, we can go to the Roush Collection open house. The point is, we have options....

LOL I'll try for pics in a bit...im 45 and hate computers

I can relate to that! :lol2: I had a friend I worked with that had a 72 Lemans....it had the 400/400 bench seat, vinyl top, roll up windows and non power locks. It was a beast......probably one of the best "sleepers" I ever had the privlege to ride in or drive. Funniest thing was that his key code was the same as the key code for my first 68 Grand Prix. I discovered it when he let me take his car to pick up lunch for the both of us because my car was in the shop.........he threw me the keys and I put them in my pocket and headed to the parking lot, when I got to his car out of habit, I pulled out my keys and they worked :naughty: Had fun messing with him by moving his car in the parking lot once in a while....took him a while to figure it out/catch me!!!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Welcome aboard!

• 1 month later...

Hey welcome, Joe! I like the unrusty look of your car. We don't get that up here due to salt roads, freeze-thaw cycles in winter- it does in most car sheet metal.

The wheels are similar to the rallies and rings on my '73 Cutlass S coupe (another shoulda-kept-er story) I had BFG T/A's on 'em.

• 2 months later...

post-1672-13698469377_thumb.jpg. Firewall is done.sent some stuff to be powder coated yesterday.trans is done.ordering a new booster and power steering pump and new brake lines to the prop valve.

Sent from my ouiji board using black magic

You should be able to get the brakes lines and proportioning valve from Inline Tube in Shelby Township. I had YearOne re-build the master cylinder and replate the booster.

You should be able to get the brakes lines and proportioning valve from Inline Tube in Shelby Township. I had YearOne re-build the master cylinder and replate the booster.

Frosty's right on. Inline tube had all my lines, pre bent N ready to go. Then I found out what a Pontiac parts treasure trove they are when I got my catalog. Lookin great buddy. You gonna have it back together before your surgery? I have to get my shoulder done soon or I will miss Fall Volleyball leagues. No Vball/heavy lifting for the entire summer. I'm already stir crazy N its only been 2weeks.

The WIdetrackers Dustoff is a week from Saturday (June 8th) at Springfield Oaks in Davisburg. Need any parts? We do have a swap meet area as well as a car show.

Sins of Steel is this Saturday too. Huge swap meet area for that show.

It was a combination of bead blasting and reboring the master cylinder and rebuilding/replating the booster. I think it cost around $400 to have YearOne do the whole thing. I think it took about 5-6 weeks too. You might want to call them and see what they are charging for that work these days. I'm suring plating prices have not gone down any.

That's for sure.i may call Ames or py I think they have a close enough for me one.think it was about 180.00

Sent from my ouiji board using black magic

The wrong booster was sent with my complete (BS) disc conversion kit for the GTO. I ended up replacing with the correct size over the counter booster for 160.00. Been a couple years and if you keep it polished, mine still has it's shine. Plus a warranty. Scheduled my shoulder surgery today for July 12th. Had my right side done a LIL over a year ago. ICE will be your best friend the next couple months JOE. Stick to your P/Therapy. No way I could install a new clutch in the Sunbird right now. So it looks like this is the 1st year it will stay in the garage. I hope to have the GTO probs straightened out so I at least have a driver this summer. Carb is still screwin up.