Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Ranting Thread

Killiger2009

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's insane dude! I'm sorry! I kinda DON'T want to see pics of the disaster...

kinda covering the eyes but still looking between the fingers. and that really sucks Crimson.

:D:PICS::indian::( wow man I would be loosing my mind!

• Founders

Ouch! Sorry man! I'd seriously go after the highway department or the state to pay for new tires because that is NOT safe AT ALL! Let alone you should not have to deal with this because they hired several incompetent people that don't know when a road is good to drive on.

okay. this is the most mad i think ive been at anyone in a very very very long time.

Story of today:

Start out by going to the gym working out and its going pretty well. took the scenic route to the gym (mostly highway) since it was like 75 and sun and it was perfect windows down driving. so i take the highway, go workout, stop at my local supplement store and decide to take my long way home again. I knew they were doing construction on the highway in a few spots but i just had to slow down for a couple of bumps and stuff nothing serious.

Well as im nearing my turn off of the highway they are paving RIGHT there in the intersection so i think...shit ill have to take a VERY long way home but whatever. im stopped in the median and a highway worker comes across to me as im about to pull away and hes like, "hit that u turn area ahead and come up and take a right from that side" so i take off and do the illegal u-turn in that spot and head up towards my turn.

I notice they had JUST laid asphalt down and im weary as i approach. There is also a low-boy trailer parked in the unpaved turn lane so i cant be off the asphalt. im waved on by both the steam roller operator and some other worker (the same one from before) and so i'm like oh its okay to drive on. I start driving through and as soon as i hit the fresh stuff i knew i was fudge. i sink about half an inch with all wheels as i drive through it and rocks are flying up on my car inside the wheel wells and on the sides of the car. I think that it was just rocks and that id have to bug and tar them off when i got home so im pissed off. i drive the rest of the way home ( about 4-5 more miles) and then when i get home i see the disaster. my tires are now made of freekin road. i have stone tires. and pebbles and black shit are all over my quarters and my side skirts and the inside of the wheel wells are jacked. i know now i have to hurry before this shit cures so i IMMEDIATELY get soap and warm water and the hose and get ALL the black and rocks off the body. that much was taken care of right away so i start spraying the tires...nothing moves. i take my rim off and spray with hose and cover in soapy water...nothing. So i call Illinois Dept of Trans HQ and say WTF, they transfer me to claims who tells me "go back to the site, ask for the foreman and tell him he needs to fix your shit.

so i GLADLY put my rim back on and drive carefully back over there (stewing with rage) and i pull up on the highway where most the workers are now about 3 miles farther than before. i stop and ask where the foreman is and hes there and tells me he has this special spray stuff that eats this stuff off like butter and will not harm paint or tires or plastic. Great. I can deal with that. I get 2 giant cans of this shit (one of the highway guys was about to start spraying my car in the median and i was like WHOA WHOA WHOA ill do this later) and i take the wheel off again, COAT it in this shit he gives me....start to wipe and scrub....nothing. shit doesn't budge cuz its like STONE WHEELS. I call discount tire as i have an insurance thing on all 4 tires so i think well maybe they will replace them as if they had nails in them. i call and the guy says...we can do nothing for you. It wont hurt the tires and the only thing you can do is keep driving the car until it wears off. He says it will not hurt the integrity of the tire and to just drive a little carefully allowing more time to stop and slowly make turns.

So now im stuck. I cant tell Civil (the company) that they have to pay me anything as nothing can fix what has happened now. its just there and i cant do anything but drive it off (each hard bump breaks some loose and slings it into my panels/wheel well)

oh forgot to mention, the stuff they gave me, is a lubricant that is oil based...thanks for slicking my tires u morons. I sprayed it on there without reading that and as i see it go on im like...wtf this stuff is like WD-40

So im seriously about to go do a big ass burnout so at least the rears are cleaned off.

Ill get pics up later of the damage (I took a shitload in case i can do an insurance claim)

Summary for lazy people: Moron highway guys wave me through to drive through freshly laid asphalt, it gets all over my car, tires are practically made of stone now, company supplied cleaner stuff didn't help at all, im told all i can do is drive on my stone tires until all of it comes off.

Moral of story---never trust jackass construction workers if you feel that the passage will not be good for your precious GTO

I read this, then went blind for a second. Literally.

Is it better in black?

What a phuckin idiot... and I mean the driver!!! jk :welcomeFP:

No but seriously what a bunch of idiots... they are state employees which means the get paid the big bucks and they cant even use common sense to determine that a road is too fresh for someone to drive on??? What a joke!

well as an update i drove to the gym and back and the tires look better already. just some residue left and i think maybe another day of driving and itll be all off. then on to seeing if the tread is still good from being paved...pics tonight of the original damage

Here are the pics....

DSCF0112_1024x768.jpg

DSCF0111_1024x768.jpg

DSCF0110_1024x768.jpg

DSCF0106_1024x768.jpg

DSCF0105_1024x768.jpg

DSCF0104_1024x768.jpg

DSCF0100_1024x768.jpg

The rocks that came off the paint (I was not wasting a second washing the stuff off the paint)

DSCF0102_1024x768.jpg

The Side skirt/rear fender pocket in the wheel wells where it created roads

DSCF0113_1024x768.jpg

DSCF0108_1024x768.jpg

UPDATE

I drove to the gym today and its coming off pretty cleanly. If i notice ANY pitting in my treads in the next couple of days I will be calling the highway people and tell them to buy me new tires.

Crimsons topic now merged into ranting thread.

and jus ignore the them AutoBot...the drivers i mean.

Story of my life.

I was up today at 9am, to prep our boat so it can be put in the water. (took pics of garage) Battery in, test fire it quick. Pack vests, cooler, wakeboard, ski, ect. To be on the road at 10. Took my girlfriend and another girl friend of mine who also wakeboards (girlfriend was not happy with me but FORD her). Anyway, we were on the lake at 11.

Wakeboarded for a few hours, skied, swam. The water was 69F, and 83 with sun.

So my boss called me into work tonight (monday midnights). So i had to book back 45 minute drive to find out i will be doing a two person shift normally 8 hours, in 8 hours. So 16 hours of work in 8 hours if you are hard with math.

Anyway, i think i'm going to die. I do not mind the money, but when you double up shifts on me... Hell with that. I half assed my entire job. I popped a vicoden so the pain in my thumb wouldn't be as bad. Then went out and smoked like 30 minutes later. I thought for sure i was going to pass out till morning.

i am so god damn tired of the fucken warning lights and these damn ricers trying to race me today shit.

yeah.. just ignore em'

sometimes i like to tease them!

Story of my life.

I was up today at 9am, to prep our boat so it can be put in the water. (took pics of garage) Battery in, test fire it quick. Pack vests, cooler, wakeboard, ski, ect. To be on the road at 10. Took my girlfriend and another girl friend of mine who also wakeboards (girlfriend was not happy with me but FORD her). Anyway, we were on the lake at 11.

Wakeboarded for a few hours, skied, swam. The water was 69F, and 83 with sun.

So my boss called me into work tonight (monday midnights). So i had to book back 45 minute drive to find out i will be doing a two person shift normally 8 hours, in 8 hours. So 16 hours of work in 8 hours if you are hard with math.

Anyway, i think i'm going to die. I do not mind the money, but when you double up shifts on me... Hell with that. I half assed my entire job. I popped a vicoden so the pain in my thumb wouldn't be as bad. Then went out and smoked like 30 minutes later. I thought for sure i was going to pass out till morning.

ohhh double shifts

just makes you appreciate your next weekend all the more!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a text message from TBO, "Former republican party of Florida Chairman Jim Greer has been arrested on unknown charges at his home near Orlando"

Not to get all political or anything, but why the hell do we always put the scummiest people in office? This is just an example, there are tons more out there. Why do i feel that when I vote I have to choose between the lesser of two evils? Does becoming a politician corrupt people or does it invite the corrupt? Somethings just not right here.

Our governments have been corrupt for decades. Money is the root of all the evil behind it, as with greed. With so much money to be made, deals, endorsements, etc, it'll corrupt anyone who plays the game sadly.

I'm dead serious when I say this: We need a goddamned revolution. Yes, we really do. Our wonderful country is just so terribly run, we can't even clean up a fucking oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico.