Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

jedi3's Progression thread

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to update this......

last week the rim came in and I got it put on the car. I went to Masson tire/Goodyear to have it put on since they dident charge me for taking the rim&tire off the car and finding the issue. The only charged me $21.00 with tax for taking the rim& tire off the car and swapping over the tire onto the new rim and balanced it and put a new valve stem on. Smoking prices and great service I highly recommend them if anyone has one near them and needs there serveces. I will be going back to them for an four wheel alignment soon,

64612_3083749850498_1166415045_32506891_740150480_n.jpg

Today's project

422583_3122560460739_1166415045_32525222_830055615_n.jpg

from facebook:

• Joseph Iafrate III Yesterday I detailed the inside and washed her
    6 hours ago · Like
  • 173209_1166415045_2000711279_q.jpg
    Joseph Iafrate III Every time I clean the car at home sure enough at least one nabor walking by asks when there car is next. One yesterday and one today. They couldn't afford me lol..... Let's see if I get any more today. cuz the next ones getting a price quote. Hell maybe I could make some extra money lol.

I was off for two days in a row which dose not happen often and the car needed a good cleaning. she was hella dirty but not anymore. :woot:

• 4 weeks later...

3 cars stopped short on the highway in front of me last night. So I had to too and no sooner did I stop and say wow that was a bit close some girl just plowed into me. She never hit her brakes and my car to one hell of a good wack and her POS KIA is all done.

securedownload3.jpg

:(

securedownload2.jpg

securedownload.jpg

securedownload4.jpg

The trunk, upper & lower bumper cover are all done :( the exhast seems ok and she drives fine and the trunk still opens and cloeses with no issues so I think she'll be fine. I hope there is not much going on with the stuff I cant see?!?!?!?

Clean carfax it was fun while it lasted!!! :(

Im ok and the girl that hit me are to so O well like I told her thats what you pay Ins for. and then I said you do have ins right? she said yup thank god!

Pfft, cosmetic. Doubt there's frame damage from that nick.

Hey, Joe...now's a good reason to nab a GTP vailence for dual outlets and upgrade the muffler finally.

Be careful with what bodyshop you use, they will go with the CHEAPEST parts available, DEMAND for OEM parts, or they will by cheap, flimsy aftermarket shit. If they refuse, go elsewhere.

Oh, you might as well ask whatever shop to leave off the badges...they NEVER place them right. :lol:

Im going to a the big GMC, Buick dealer that was also a Pontiac dealer too. That way I can get OEM stuff. ;) I was thinking about the GTP or GXP rear bumper already my friend. ;)

Go GTP, GXP will look out of place with the rest of the GT parts.

Hopefully they won't raise a fuss about transferring your spoiler to a new trunk.

I still say for them to leave the trunk bare, except for your arrowhead with the overlay.

' timestamp='1333719307' post='69868']

Go GTP, GXP will look out of place with the rest of the GT parts.

undecided at this point if I get the GXP side skirts then it would blend in nicely.

Hopefully they won't raise a fuss about transferring your spoiler to a new trunk.

why its a factory wing there should be no issue there

I still say for them to leave the trunk bare, except for your arrowhead with the overlay.

maybe but i'll probably have them put back to how it was.

:lol: true well maybe ill put them on myself! :lol:

thanks guys

It's real ugly but it should be ok, Jim I think she hit me doing 30/40 MPH but I really dont know.

Sucks to hear your baby was damaged, but glad to hear you're ok Joe and hey like you said... Now is the time to upgrade! GXP without a doubt in my book.

Sucks to hear your baby was damaged, but glad to hear you're ok Joe and hey like you said... Now is the time to upgrade! GXP without a doubt in my book.

Well look who's back.

yea depending on what I have to kick in. ($$$)

A. GXP bumper and side skirts.

B. GTP lower bumper.

C. GTP lower bumper color matched and have my stock GT side skirts color matched.

D. just back the way it was.

I found a GXP rear bumper on EBay same color as mine but man they want $500!!! and it was a bit damaged!!!

If I find one at a more reasonable price I might just go that route instead of replacing the kit.

yea Im not sure what way ill go till I have an idea whats up with the car and if I do anything extra how much it will be. at the very least I'll probably get the GTP lower bumper so I can look into an exhaust.

Just go with a AIT kit and be done with it lol.

Sucks to see the damage, no one ever ways to see their baby that way.