Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

jedi3's Progression thread

Which headlight resto kit you getting? Get the 3M kit, so you can sand off all the caked on crud on the lenses, afterwardsmake sure you wax or seal the lenses to keep them from yellowing up again.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Turtle wax and im too scared to sand them down. :lol: so went with a non sanding kit.

I'll see how this works out for starters, its really not that bad......

I think its from driving in the snow, cold snow and warm lenses. Ghost I dont think it will show up in pics. Like I said I can see it starting to happen a bit. I starting to think about after seeing an 09 and seeing how new they looked. Mine are not fresh and super clear anymore.

Joe, if you don't want to bother sealing/waxing the lenses after clearing them up, see if GTS makes a clear headlight cover for the G6. I know GTS made smoked and clear covers for the GA.

' date='Oct 2 2011, 07:52 PM' post='59835']

Joe, if you don't want to bother sealing/waxing the lenses after clearing them up, see if GTS makes a clear headlight cover for the G6. I know GTS made smoked and clear covers for the GA.

Can I use car wax to seal them afterwards?

Out with the old.

DSCN1167.jpg

DSCN1170.jpg

Glue, glue, glue everywhere and darn these thing just came of in billions of pieces! :lol::agreed:

DSCN1173.jpg

DSCN1175.jpg

You can see how bad the lenses were F'ed up when I got the glue off where the eyelids were. :( I had no idea they were that bad!!!

DSCN1179.jpg

DSCN1176.jpg

all cleaned up!

DSCN1185.jpg

DSCN1184.jpg

Drivers side all cleaned and polished! Pass side not even touched yet! Wow what a differance! :P

DSCN1188.jpg

I have to tell yea this isent easy to do and the amount of scrubbing I did to get the hazs off was just silly!!!

It just took all friggen day but well well well worth it.

both sides done.

DSCN1191.jpg

DSCN1190.jpg

DSCN1193.jpg

.........................................................................................

New eyelids, front & rear dart overlays on.

DSCN1197.jpg

DSCN1198.jpg

DSCN1199.jpg

DSCN1200.jpg

I also did the chrom lower grill mod over last week since the strips were beaten up.

(pic taken today after the lights were done.

DSCN1205.jpg

DSCN1212.jpg

DSCN1210.jpg

rear dart

DSCN1201.jpg

front

DSCN1204.jpg

I got sick of people always asking me why I had a Saturn logo on my car. So I replaced it with the GM logo.

DSCN1195.jpg

.........................................................................................

front calipers repainted (last week)

DSCN1209.jpg

DSCN1208.jpg

• Founders

Wow yeah your lenses really got messed up. Well the good news on the all the glue with the eye lids is they won't come off easy :agreed:

Car looks great as always. Your car just screams it wants an MPD though to me :lol: That would complete the look of the front IMO

Dont even get me started on how BAD I want that hood!

My back is killing me fron being hunched over the car all day and my hads are sore fron scrubbing. I must of polished each light 15 times and was scrubbing hard at it too. Not to mention how friggen hard it was to get the eyelids off and all the glue leftover. Nothing a beer or 3 cant fix :agreed: I really dident even think my headlights were that bead till I got my eyelids off. Funny how you dont notice how bad something gets over time till you do something about it.

• Founders

Yeah same here! WAY too expensive for me though, I told myself I'd hold out on the MPD hood and save the money for the Camaro.

Oh I feel ya, cleaned my car today and I polished my rims today and my hands are killing me, mainly my fingers. Getting in the angles of the rim and the lug nuts with a rag really take a pounding on your fingers lol. Then I armor-all'ed the inside and leather wiped and cleaned everything! Such a pain getting in the back and contorting my body to clean everything :agreed:

I'm already on my 3rd beer now :lol:

Yea been there did that today too. After I was done today I washed the car and armor-all'ed too.

Any suggestion/preference on what I should put in for the calendar? (page1)